Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

gimpsuitjones posted:

Mean. I knew they 80 series came with 16", didn't know they came with 15".

Yeah, there was an update around 1995 when they went up to 16's, but the early ones had 15's. 60 series might even be the same as well, tho those rims are all getting old enough to have kids now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJOCHz_p9YE

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Saw a unicorn the other day. Posted it in the Subaru thread. A genuine Legacy Spec B.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

A guy showed up at work the other day riding a unicorn. A genuine Spec B. Same color as my Legacy too. Didn't get to talk to him much but it appeared totally stock. Looked well driven but not ragged out. The guy was there to pick up a hydraulic pump and some lines for an excavator. Kinda made my day, seeing the ultimate version of my car.

It didn't have the badge on the back but the little serial # plate was there by the shifter.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Solved my near two year old audio problem yesterday with a second hand TOSLINK to RCA adaptor, and it works/sounds great! Now to make a nice setup and hide the cables a bit.

In other news, we've fallen in love with a 650k USD lot with an old pile of bricks on it. :suicide: gently caress the Copenhagen real estate market.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

I hate and love you so much right now. I don't know which is going to win out in the morning.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bolind posted:

gently caress the Copenhagen real estate market.

Long, hard and repeatedly.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Speaking of European real estate, is there a Norwegian answer to Zillow.com or Redfin.com? I kinda fell in love with Måløy the other week.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

Speaking of European real estate, is there a Norwegian answer to Zillow.com or Redfin.com? I kinda fell in love with Måløy the other week.

There must be. Ask Ola, I'm certain he knows.

phrode
Oct 21, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

finn.no for houses, cars and other junk for sale in Norway.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Saw a unicorn the other day. Posted it in the Subaru thread. A genuine Legacy Spec B.

?????? Spec.Bs are unicorns??????? Thats literally my DD

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Are any of the megathreads loving up for anyone?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Health Care Stories megathread for me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

They are in the US, yes. Only about 500 sold here per year, according to Autotrader.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 9, 2017

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yea, we only got them for 3(?) years and they only made 500 for the first year. I know a few people have own/owned them, but I can't remember the last time I saw one on the street. Hell, even the "normal" legacy 2.5GT limiteds are pretty rare around here. I only see those regularly since my buddy drives one.

And this is in Seattle, which is the land of Subarus

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slurry_curry posted:

Yea, we only got them for 3(?) years and they only made 500 for the first year. I know a few people have own/owned them, but I can't remember the last time I saw one on the street. Hell, even the "normal" legacy 2.5GT limiteds are pretty rare around here. I only see those regularly since my buddy drives one.

And this is in Seattle, which is the land of Subarus

there's 8 for sale on CL right now

i test drove one a couple of years ago and it wasn't particularly remarkable

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

They are in the US, yes. Only about 500 sold here per year, according to Autotrader.

That was only 2006. Then they sold as many as they could.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

there's 8 for sale on CL right now

i test drove one a couple of years ago and it wasn't particularly remarkable

Wow there are a lot on CL right now, and asking kinda insane prices.

and yea, I drove a friends shortly after it came out. It was nice to drive, but not *that* much better than my other friends 2.5GT limited.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Okay, if you had to pick between Sumimoto HTR A/S P02 and Pirelli P-Zero all season plus tires, what would you get?

The Pirellis have brand recognition but the Sumimotos are so much cheaper and have pretty comparable ratings. This isn't a car that I would be tracking. It's my daily.

I have Firestone Firehawks right now for comparison.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm a cheap motherfucker so I'd probably do the Sumitomos.

Though looking at the whole list and not just those two, I'd probably do the General G Max. TireRack didn't test it head to head against the Sumitomo, but in testing two years apart, they seem much happier with the General than the Sumitomo.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Have any of you tried Project Cars 2 or Forza 7 with a racing wheel with any amount of success? I have a logitech driving force gt (gran turismo 5 ps3 wheel and pedals). It's supported and shows up as an option, but "supported" is a super loose word to use in this instance. Have any of you had wheel calibration issues?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have a Microsoft force feedback wheel that's working just fine. USB 1.1 baby

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

The Locator posted:

I have never been probated or banned because I am a boring and generally uninteresting person.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
This made me laugh.

My one ban I genuinely regret making the post. The rest were little bullshit. I have "terrible ideas" but I don't make personal attacks.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Here's how you load scrap steel into a 56,000 tonne ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYx-CEfX3uA

(This port in Boston was the sketchiest I've ever been in. I had to dodge tractor trailers dumping scrap metal and gigantic piles of rusting who-knows-what. The guy at the gate more or less told me not to get crushed and let me have my run of the place.)

phrode posted:

finn.no for houses, cars and other junk for sale in Norway.

Thanks!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Safety Dance posted:

Here's how you load scrap steel into a 56,000 tonne ship.

(This port in Boston was the sketchiest I've ever been in. I had to dodge tractor trailers dumping scrap metal and gigantic piles of rusting who-knows-what. The guy at the gate more or less told me not to get crushed and let me have my run of the place.)

Seems like it would take a long drat time to load up a ship using that system.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello, I'm back from Bali. We had a good time, thanks.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

News said earlier that the official high was 94 loving degrees. In October.

Right now? Same news station (Fox 4) says it's 63. It's likely a little cooler where I'm at, since I'm right on a lake. Fox 4 says the overnight low is 55 at DFW, while (in)accuweather says 48 going by GPS location.

That's one gently caress of a swing.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 10, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
New Star Wars trailer goddamn rocked.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I watched the new spiderman movie and it was okay but idk why the spiderman franchise needed to be rebooted twice in 15 years. I never saw the first reboot movies only the Toby mcquire ones

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

KakerMix posted:

The only thing that actually touches the road and I never skimp. It's like a bed, buy a good bed please. Buy good tires and a good bed.

Rule holds for anything you're going to trust with your weight. Tires, beds, shoes, desk chairs, ladders, and climbing gear. Don't skimp on that poo poo or you'll regret it eventually.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fridge corn posted:

I watched the new spiderman movie and it was okay but idk why the spiderman franchise needed to be rebooted twice in 15 years. I never saw the first reboot movies only the Toby mcquire ones

It was rebooted after the Raimi ones due to Marvel getting cashmoney with superhero movies. Sony wanted some of that cash and so put together the Amazing films, but those weren't that popular. Marvel at that point was still making mad coin with endless superhero movies so Sony reluctantly agreed to let Spidey return in a Marvel fronted movie in exchange for control, marketing a distribution rights ($$$$$$$). Marvel get their character back, Sony gets money for it...

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

News said earlier that the official high was 94 loving degrees. In October.

Right now? Same news station (Fox 4) says it's 63. It's likely a little cooler where I'm at, since I'm right on a lake. Fox 4 says the overnight low is 55 at DFW, while (in)accuweather says 48 going by GPS location.

That's one gently caress of a swing.

Send some of that this way. It's miserable on the east coast

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

New Star Wars trailer goddamn rocked.

Yeah that looks pretty good. Think I'll try see Bladerunner this "weekend" (my days off)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It was rebooted after the Raimi ones due to Marvel getting cashmoney with superhero movies. Sony wanted some of that cash and so put together the Amazing films, but those weren't that popular. Marvel at that point was still making mad coin with endless superhero movies so Sony reluctantly agreed to let Spidey return in a Marvel fronted movie in exchange for control, marketing a distribution rights ($$$$$$$). Marvel get their character back, Sony gets money for it...

Yeah I guess. I thought it was weird with all of the iron man and avenger stuff having never seen any of those movies

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The Locator posted:

Seems like it would take a long drat time to load up a ship using that system.

Yeah, they're going to be alongside in Boston for nearly a week, and then I think they're heading down to Providence to pick up another something something for a few days. Bulk is less sexy than containers, that's for sure.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Safety Dance posted:

Yeah, they're going to be alongside in Boston for nearly a week, and then I think they're heading down to Providence to pick up another something something for a few days. Bulk is less sexy than containers, that's for sure.

Seems like a simple conveyor belt loader being fed by a bunch of front end loaders or even those giant dump trucks would be more efficient, and cheaper!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The Locator posted:

Seems like a simple conveyor belt loader being fed by a bunch of front end loaders or even those giant dump trucks would be more efficient, and cheaper!

They have that for loading ore at the port I visited in Norway last month. Takes about an hour per 1000 tonnes. I think scrap is just too irregular for that to work, but what do I know? I'm just a computer guy.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Just put new tabs on my license plates.

The registration cab card they come on specifies that the plates have to be above -10F for the sticker to adhere. Thanks, Minnesota Department of Public Safety for reminding me how little time there is before winter...

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

After a year-long hiatus from the dating world following the end of a three-year relationship, I finally signed up for a couple of dating apps and had my first date tonight. I won't lie, I was freaking out dudes - she was just the right kind of cute to make me nervous about loving it up. I'm really, really bad at getting-to-know-you smalltalk in charged situations i.e. a first date after four years. I shrugged it off as best I could and figured I'd treat it as a warmup round.

We had a couple of whiskeys, and there wasn't a lull in the conversation for three hours. The topic came around to cars and she mentioned hers needed work, so I asked what it needed (hoping to be a Helpful Car Male). She then went on about her beloved 99 4Runner and how some "shyster shop" installed non-CA compliant cats after she specifically requested them, and also that it had a couple of bad 02 sensors and how those were "only $100 on RockAuto but I haven't done them yet... I know it's bad but i'll just do them with the cats before smog next year..." At this point I'm pretty sure my face was embarrassing but I did manage to mutter something about my collection of RockAuto magnets and the reliability of the 5VZFE, to which she nodded sagely.

Turns out she's driven over the Dalton Highway, which is a thing somewhere down there on my bucket list. She quickly agreed to a second date too :kimchi:

wtf

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

After a year-long hiatus from the dating world following the end of a three-year relationship, I finally signed up for a couple of dating apps and had my first date tonight. I won't lie, I was freaking out dudes - she was just the right kind of cute to make me nervous about loving it up. I'm really, really bad at getting-to-know-you smalltalk in charged situations i.e. a first date after four years. I shrugged it off as best I could and figured I'd treat it as a warmup round.

We had a couple of whiskeys, and there wasn't a lull in the conversation for three hours. The topic came around to cars and she mentioned hers needed work, so I asked what it needed (hoping to be a Helpful Car Male). She then went on about her beloved 99 4Runner and how some "shyster shop" installed non-CA compliant cats after she specifically requested them, and also that it had a couple of bad 02 sensors and how those were "only $100 on RockAuto but I haven't done them yet... I know it's bad but i'll just do them with the cats before smog next year..." At this point I'm pretty sure my face was embarrassing but I did manage to mutter something about my collection of RockAuto magnets and the reliability of the 5VZFE, to which she nodded sagely.

Turns out she's driven over the Dalton Highway, which is a thing somewhere down there on my bucket list. She quickly agreed to a second date too :kimchi:

wtf

Unless she has a KKK outfit in the closet or she smells of cheese, you marry that lady and you marry her fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Or you could gently caress everything up by telling her that you think Chrysler makes great cars

• Locked thread