Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

trucutru posted:

pdk is like a midrange version of d-shift: It shits on all midrange decks, just like d-shift does to control. Issue is that, being midrange itself, it has a good fighting chance across the board, even against decks that teched against it. I am seeing more and more pdks with urd on it because decks that can deal with the pdk have trouble dealing with lots of storm.

Anyways, for whatever it's worth, all 16 top players in the latest JCG open brought a pdk deck to the tournament. The winner also had Atomy :smug: (using an even more aggressive list that the one I play, which is plenty aggro ), second place had Neph :smugdog:. So "enjoy" the deck while it last because it is getting nerfed. Issue is that it's not safe to craft the pdks as they might instead hit dragon in the sibyls.

e: Found this in the :reddit:

Poor Eris and Arisa. They have good decks but they are not consistent enough for tournaments, it appears.

:eyepoop:

cheetah7071 posted:

I expect PDK and something from aggro sword to get nerfed in the next window. I dunno what you could do to sword without just wrecking the deck though, the deck is really built on having a critical mass of one-drops and cheap storm cards, with none of them being individually all that good.

I could see Council getting costed up, maybe some sort of change to Juliet? (Nerf evolve for her, maybe? Change her to 2/1 base?)

Aggro sword seems like it's going to be really hard to fix

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

They should make Council be forced to pull two differently named commanders. That's more in the flavor of the card anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you don't put a ward down by turn 3 you're starting the game at 12 life or lower. Nerfing a 5 drop won't make the deck reasonable

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The sword deck's problem is it's got too much redundancy. They basically reprinted vanguard and novice trooper with different names + gave them commander and a bonus ability. So now your odds of drawing the 1/2 on turn 1 are double what they were and your odds of drawing the 2/2 storm for turn 3 are double what they were, and face swordcraft always wanted to draw those 2 cards.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Honestly at this point they could just give people 25 or 30 starting health

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

cheetah7071 posted:

If you don't put a ward down by turn 3 you're starting the game at 12 life or lower. Nerfing a 5 drop won't make the deck reasonable

I wonder if they couldn't up the stats on a couple of the cards in the deck and then cost them up to compensate?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Thanks Atomy :toot:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

What's your Atomy deck? I can't tell if I'm bad, unlucky, or have some kind of issue because I still have far more success with Nep.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm getting close myself. Top of AA2 right now, on the edge of AA3.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Emalde posted:

What's your Atomy deck? I can't tell if I'm bad, unlucky, or have some kind of issue because I still have far more success with Nep.

Here you go, I got this list from Nages. The advice I got was "mulligan everything for Atomy, and if you have him mulligan everything else for Staircase". Sometimes I'll keep a Skullbeast against Sword if I'm going first, which anecdotally feels like it helps? But I don't keep stats so I couldn't tell you for sure. Haunted House is really versatile, you can drop it early(ish) to fight aggro or just keep it for Atomy. I'm not sure if I like Ceridwen, but she does some backbreaking work sometimes, and I dunno what I'd even replace her for.

I have 0 experience with any other Shadow decks (in fact 2 days ago was the first time I stepped into ranked with Shadow at all) so I dunno how it compares to Nep at all.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 8, 2017

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Ah, this sort of explains it. The version I run has Styx instead of Zombie Party/Ceridwen, I guess that bit of extra removal is the key difference. (Nep's reliability is 100% in the hard and pretty much endless amount of removal available at any time before you actually get Nep out)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i've taken to letting my opponent see I have lethal and then waiting until the last second on the timer every time I win against PDK now

i know it's petty but so is playing that loving deck

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
PDK isn't even the most unfair meta deck right now

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

cheetah7071 posted:

PDK isn't even the most unfair meta deck right now

(At least for my deck) it's the least fun to play against. I can usually beat aggro swordcraft and I can deal with atomy, PDK turbofucks me as soon as it lands unless I have a critical mass on the board. It's just lovely.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Here's how I'd nerf Face Sword:

-Make Roundtable grab two different Commanders. Being able to pull two Juliettes, especially when you've got a Slacker out, is super busted. And speaking of...
-Get rid of Angelic Slacker's Ambush. Maybe increase her stats to compensate if you've gotta, idk.

The deck would still be good, but I think those are the most degenerate cards in it (other than Albert I guess?) and nerfing them wouldn't hurt other Sword decks.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Emalde posted:

Ah, this sort of explains it. The version I run has Styx instead of Zombie Party/Ceridwen, I guess that bit of extra removal is the key difference. (Nep's reliability is 100% in the hard and pretty much endless amount of removal available at any time before you actually get Nep out)

The decks with zero revival gimmicks and no mammoths seem to do better,as they pretty much have no dead cards and can defend themselves pretty well until atomy is drawn. You want to get wide quick with stuff that deals damage. They are also harder to play but very rewarding.

Here is the latest tournament winner, it's ridiculously low-curve and uses spartoi soldier to protect the early drops. So you can deal the 5 damage or so required to finish the game.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...MIS.63MIS.63MIS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Honestly at this point they could just give people 25 or 30 starting health

Isabelle cackles maniatically.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 8, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Yeah, that looks really solid. Part me of wouldn't want to get rid of Mammoth cuz of the god draw potential, but it's true that it's a very clunky card.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not gonna lie i might have a few regrets about crafting 3 jormungands. that entrance animation though.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Ask me about crafting 2 Lokis and 3 Giant Chimeras.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

not gonna lie i might have a few regrets about crafting 3 jormungands. that entrance animation though.

Jormungand will be good in a month when the broken poo poo gets nerfed. Stay strong and believe.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Battler posted:

Yeah, that looks really solid. Part me of wouldn't want to get rid of Mammoth cuz of the god draw potential, but it's true that it's a very clunky card.

Yeah, I think that people get fixated on atomy (and for good reasons) but, without a great draw, the low-cost deck is actually a Tyrant deck. Atomy and all your weenies are there to produce shadows and draw, draw, draw!. The big dude pressures them into wasting resources and sometimes wins the game by himself but that doesn't happen that often, specially against pdk and the scythers.

I often play something like atomy, 3 weenies, into second atomy just to generate shadows.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Jormungand will be good in a month when the broken poo poo gets nerfed. Stay strong and believe.

I hope. Plenty of midrange decks are being kept at bay by the pdk poo poo, I want to do something with the medusas I pulled but meh, it ain't worth it right now.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 8, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus gently caress! Five loving PDK dragons in a row. I am farming those shits and I cannot stand to continue playing. And they are getting smarter about denying me shadows.

Sometimes things go well and you just grind them down (Always BM them!)

Sometimes things get crazy and you have to use all sorts of tricks two turns in advance to defend yourself from the onslaught while getting to 20 shadows (and then you BM them!). And yes, games can to go for 10+ turns of back-and-forth.

And they are starting to tech wards into those rear end in a top hat decks.

This is the hardest I have fought for wins ever. You have to guess what the gently caress they are going to drop, if the have the scyther, what to evo, save shadows, combo your minions, save or use your removal, and decide how much to cycle. While, on the other side, you just ramp and then drop your bullshit (I also have a pdk deck).

(so yeah, if you want to beat pdk the hard way, while getting run-over by sword, atomy is your deck)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dailies today: 1 game as sword, 3 games as sword or dragon, 4 games as sword or haven.

the game just wants me to be a scumbag i guess

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Been a while since I played this.

I assume Queen Vampire and Seraph have fallen in value following the expansions right?

Additionally, when you're buying up boosters what's the best method of spending your gold?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Been a while since I played this.

I assume Queen Vampire and Seraph have fallen in value following the expansions right?

Additionally, when you're buying up boosters what's the best method of spending your gold?

I think that depends on what you're playing.

If you don't know what you want you should probably stick to more recent expansions (wonderland & starforged)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 9, 2017

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mirthless posted:

I think that depends on what you're playing.

If you don't know what you want you should probably stick to more recent expansions (wonderland & starforged)

I'm focused mainly on bloodcraft and havencraft, but I've functional shadow and sword decks as well.

Okay in honesty I'm not even that focused on havencraft but managed to build a very silly deck based around stalling until I draw Satan or Enshrined Seraph that is bad but is hilarious when it works.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm in AA3, almost there

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wish the day-one PDK decks that went all in on it and didn't bother to play things like dragon oracle or draconic fervor were the version people were still playing now

Today's PDK decks are just ramp dragon with the Sahaquiel package replaced with the PDK package

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Ramp will now and forever be part of every Dragon deck unless they start rotating out basic cards like Oracle.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm having a lot of success with budget shadowcraft, of all things. Gloaming tombs is a seriously good card for 'ol deathly tyrant.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pulled leader daria :3:

E: bought 10 packs and got...

daria
python
animated python
animated barbarossa
zodiac demon
giant chimera

like what the heck!!!!

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 10, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I whaled for leader daria a week ago and her voice lines and most of her animations are really good but she has weird scrawny chicken legs

Emalde
May 3, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I whaled for leader daria a week ago and

Do you want to talk about it? :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

cheetah7071 posted:

I whaled for leader daria a week ago

it's no fun having it if you do :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
nah I'm good I came in way under expect amount of money spent

it stung to get my second aldos before my first daria though

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
she does have weird chicken legs tho its messing with my brain

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
she had chicken legs in her original art so I guess she's just scrawny in general and it's not just the leader animations being weird

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

If you don't mind me asking, how hard did you have to whale for it?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yukari posted:

If you don't mind me asking, how hard did you have to whale for it?

Bought two of the three account-limited $80 deals and had a chunk of crystals left over in the second batch. On top of whatever f2p packs I opened.

e: this is way under the average number of packs to get a specific leader. Do not take my relative success as any indication that what I did was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
you uhh really like daria

• Locked thread