Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Anyone for FPP Duos on NA and is there a discord for this terrible game?

There's a discord in the op that's pretty good for finding people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It seems like PUBG might have a little bit of a problem with hackers rn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRmK55WvaU

I don't understand this. If you want to feel immortal and be force feed information about enemies there are plenty of PVE games out there, this seems really boring with just walking and clicking to shoot after tapping "lock on".
It just seems so pointless.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
But if you are doing it in singleplayer, you aren't making other people angry, that's largely the point.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

WirelessPillow posted:

I don't understand this. If you want to feel immortal and be force feed information about enemies there are plenty of PVE games out there, this seems really boring with just walking and clicking to shoot after tapping "lock on".
It just seems so pointless.

People cheat at stuff all the time, not just video games. Golf comes to mind.

I think it's built into people's DNA as an energy conversation mechanism. Why exert more energy to follow the rules when there is an easier way?

At any rate, the best way to deal with cheaters is to doxx them.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It seems like PUBG might have a little bit of a problem with hackers rn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRmK55WvaU

What the gently caress is up with this game? Everyone is just standing around, being weird. No one is fighting, tons of people are alive after the first minute. It's genuinely weirding me out.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I first encountered hackers in CS 1.5 when I was a kid and it blows my mind to this day that people pay for hacks. I just can't fathom it. I know it's a well-trod discussion but I don't think I'll ever understand it. Didn't then, don't now.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
People cheat out of competitive insecurity. They are either competitive but hate losing, or they are competitive and insecure and don't want people to think they aren't good.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's a strange game to use an aimbot or whatever in since there's long periods of inaction and little room for farming angry responses. I see the appeal of a wallhack in for the start of solos where it's "look left, whup should have looked right, you died instantly" but COD or something must be better for that sort of thing.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

cosmicjim posted:

People cheat out of competitive insecurity. They are either competitive but hate losing, or they are competitive and insecure and don't want people to think they aren't good.

Or they think it's fun and they don't care. Not everything is pathological.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Black Griffon posted:

Or they think it's fun and they don't care. Not everything is pathological.

If it's for fun it's category 1. If it's to upset other people, it's category 2.

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 10, 2017

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
the entire top end of the NA solo leaderboard has been chinese hackers on gaming cafe accounts with 45 KDR for at least a week now.

no ping locking, no admin team, no netcode, no vaulting. great game! at least it has hats!

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

SealHammer posted:

the entire top end of the NA solo leaderboard has been chinese hackers on gaming cafe accounts with 45 KDR for at least a week now.

no ping locking, no admin team, no netcode, no vaulting. great game! at least it has hats!

But the hats are ugly, except for maybe the beanie, and you can't wear them with a helmet.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

balaclava + beanie is best

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Black Griffon posted:

What the gently caress is up with this game? Everyone is just standing around, being weird. No one is fighting, tons of people are alive after the first minute. It's genuinely weirding me out.

It's a brand new account, he's fighting brand new players.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
"Ping locking" or region locking or whatever would be garbage. If you think pings making you lose you are making excuses for being poo poo

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

Holy poo poo it was that bad back then huh

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I didn't consider the fact that with the huge 100 man romp, one single cheater can ruin 10x as many people's games as CS or some other random smaller XvX matchup

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Bhodi posted:

I didn't consider the fact that with the huge 100 man romp, one single cheater can ruin 10x as many people's games as CS or some other random smaller XvX matchup

Well in CS you are stuck with the fucker for longer unless you are gonna take a penalty.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

VulgarandStupid posted:

Honestly it made me wonder if his speedhacking was throwing connection errors at the others or something.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Leaderboards are delayed for another week, until 10/17. So, we are essentially in purgatory until then.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1469721989542086360

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i love this janky seat-of-the-pants style development studio that somehow employs 40 developers

maybe the 40 developers all compete with each other and only the best one's code gets promoted

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

bacon flaps posted:

Honestly it made me wonder if his speedhacking was throwing connection errors at the others or something.

Some guys actually hit him but the anti-trade system negates their damage.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

PUBG Dev Team posted:

. . . and we are genuinely concerned that we may not be able to provide you with a comfortable and seamless gaming experience by starting the new season immediately.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Bhodi posted:

maybe the 40 developers all compete with each other and only the best one's code gets promoted

This makes a lot of sense.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I was thinking all the hacking a bit from a project management perspective. It's far too late to integrate code that would prevent hacks.

At best the most we can hope for is a robust process where hackers are banned and prevented from buying new accounts. I have no idea if the company that runs this game is even capable of organising itself correctly, but they don't give the appearance that they know what they are doing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

daslog posted:

I was thinking all the hacking a bit from a project management perspective. It's far too late to integrate code that would prevent hacks.

What? No it isn't, it's their fault for shittily implementing Battleye. Siege added Battleye close to 8/9 months after release and since then we've been relatively hacker free.

Hell, even just having statistical sanity checks would go a long way towards, you know, not having a top 10 made entirely of chinese hackers. If somebody is averaging more than 30 kills a game and they aren't going out of their way to get broken servers where everybody got disconnected then they're probably hacking.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I couldn't tell you how many hackers are in the game. It feels like a good amount, definitely enough to cause frustration. But here's thing thing, you have to understand simple mathematics. If there is a cheater, there is a much larger exposure. This is a game where 100 people play at once, 20-40 will be culled at the beginning, but once that is over and you have a guy making 600m headshots on everyone, you still have 60+ people exposed to that. To compare this to Siege, a game that has 10 people in a match is foolish.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

To compare this to Siege, a game that has 10 people in a match is foolish.

Arma 3 can have roughly comparable player numbers in a map as large as PUBG's and also uses Battleye, yet somehow doesn't have a hacker problem like PUBG apparently does. :thunk:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

Arma 3 can have roughly comparable player numbers in a map as large as PUBG's and also uses Battleye, yet somehow doesn't have a hacker problem like PUBG apparently does. :thunk:

There's no money in developing hacks for Arma 3.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Maybe because PUBG is infinity times more popular?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
PSA: don't tell weedbaby that he's wrong unless you want to get a server mute

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
well, there's telling weedlord he's wrong, and then there's pants on head retarded comments like this:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

I haven't played A3 in a long while but other than the fact that it's a game with a much smaller community and an even smaller public community you should know that when A3 was released there were a ton of cheats for the game, BI presumably fixed many over time but it really wasn't always the case.

It's actually pretty funny to bring Bohemia games as a good example of anti-cheating as DayZ Mod (and by extension the Arma 2 engine) was absurdly plagued with cheaters and hackers, A3 and DayZ SA were designed from scratch to make the engine a lot less hackable and both engines were still plagued by cheaters for a long period of time.

I'd assume DayZ still has many cheats available for it but now that it only has 4k players or so you probably just don't hear about it anymore.

Another aspect is that all Arma 3 servers are private and admins have the ability to just ban cheaters from their servers with impunity and to create whitelisting mechanisms.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Is there any way to measure how tight my butthole gets while I play?

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaithfulSucculentPicklesAliens

Edit: Realistically only had those 5 bullets, started running before the SKS reloaded

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 10, 2017

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Well that was fun. I landed in the military base with about 20 other people. I quickly grab two rifles some ammo and a UAZ.

I then drive around the base, shooting the tires out of all the other vehicles on base and in the area.

the circle forms on the complete other side of the map.

About 10 minutes later I see lots of "player XYZ has died outside the playzone." I would like to think some of those deaths are due to me :D

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We had a cheater the other day nailing my team with perfect headshots with the KarK somehow thru the walls of the apartments near Georgopol from what sounded like the area with the crates on the other side of the river. I think they were trying to hide it afterward intentionally missing shots at us while we ran away (that were somehow still going thru the walls we used as cover) and then finally suiciding outside of the playzone.

Wish there was a report function that didn't involve having to die first.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

iSheep posted:

We had a cheater the other day nailing my team with perfect headshots with the KarK somehow thru the walls of the apartments near Georgopol from what sounded like the area with the crates on the other side of the river. I think they were trying to hide it afterward intentionally missing shots at us while we ran away (that were somehow still going thru the walls we used as cover) and then finally suiciding outside of the playzone.

Wish there was a report function that didn't involve having to die first.

Had a guy in the house next to me in the second to last circle taking out people with one shot headshots with his kar98, took out about 5 people in 2 minutes. Then the final circle isn't on his building, but it's on mine. He literally runs straight to one of my windows when the blue circle starts closing in and shoots me directly in the head with his m4. I saw him for maybe a half second. I chalked it up to him just being good (I'm pretty skeptical about calling people cheaters unless it's super obvious) but man it sure was fishy. He didn't miss one kar shot and they were all headshots.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Just check out the leaderboards for solo 3pp mode, its full of cheaters.

Luckily they are not nearly as common in 1pp mode which is a relief. I hope that doesn't change in the future though.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

My entire team was eliminated by a hacker called FuckChinaDog69 and PUBG has done nothing to address it

edit: sorry, it was of course fuckchinadog666

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

"Ping locking" or region locking or whatever would be garbage. If you think pings making you lose you are making excuses for being poo poo

lol get a load of this

• Locked thread