Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I wanted to order food from Skip the Dishes but there's too many choices and I'm overwhelmed so I just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My wife delivered two healthy twins and we have nothing to pay because of universal health care but now I have to take care of said twins and pay for some of their stuff, but it's mostly cheap and easy to find because of Facebook groups dedicated to used baby stuff. Oh and the hospital doesn't have free wifi, talk about a rip-off

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Oct 2, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so very hungry but I have to wait, like, 20 more minutes to have the delicious meal my GF made me.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
My alarm clock went off right as the figure in my dream (played by Martin Freeman for some reason) was about to disclose something very important, and now I'll never know what it was.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Dr Snofeld posted:

My alarm clock went off right as the figure in my dream (played by Martin Freeman for some reason) was about to disclose something very important, and now I'll never know what it was.

If it's anything like my dreams, the important wisdom was "cheese is delicious".

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Intoluene posted:

If it's anything like my dreams, the important wisdom was "cheese is delicious".

Knowing me right now it was probably a loving JoJo reference.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Dr Snofeld posted:

Knowing me right now it was probably a loving JoJo reference.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i had to pick up a rental while my car is in the body shop and like usual the enterprise by my job offered a bunch of small crap when i specifically asked for a full size and the car hadn't even been washed since it was dropped.

time to start using the hertz down the street.

baram. has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Oct 2, 2017

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
Looking at the rental market in London and I think instead, maybe I'll just kill myself

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The slight font change on the forums is bugging me, and I'm mad at myself that a one point font size change is bugging me.

This less than a week before it feels normal is going to be hell.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
None of the LPs that I follow have been updating lately and I need to watch other people play video games instead of just playing them myself :(

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Agdq doesn't feel worth looking forward to any more since the games all seem like ones that have been done previously, it feels so sterile compared to the 2014ish cramped couch room, and the banter has to be Brand Safe™

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My (and my coworkers and friends) allergies have been SO BAD this fall, news says it's because of the heat. I've had to actually use my inhaler and my friend had to go to ER for an asthma attack. She hasn't had one in like 15 years. My doc upped my allergy medicine but it's making like 2% of a difference. And I'm actually using my inhaler. I've never used it except before a big run or maybe a lot of cat hair; i.e. Very rarely.

It's nice that it's 75 degrees in October but like... climate change and politics and anyways our allergies are horrible.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

There are too many clothes in the closet and we have to go through them all and donate a lot of poo poo we don't need anymore. Looking forward to lightening to load for our upcoming move, but :effort:

Sentient Data posted:

Agdq doesn't feel worth looking forward to any more since the games all seem like ones that have been done previously, it feels so sterile compared to the 2014ish cramped couch room, and the banter has to be Brand Safe™

I would recommend adding ESA's events and RPG Limit Break to your watchlist for different flavors of speedrunning marathons. I've been chilling out watching some of these and there's some good runs and banter to be had.

Personally I still look forward to GDQ because they raise a lot of money for a good cause, and at this point they feel like a touchstone of the speedrunning community (and arguably the gaming community as a whole). But I can understand why you might not get pumped for them anymore.

DizzyBum has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Oct 4, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm really hungry and just made myself a sandwich, but I dropped it on the floor, which is covered in dust because I'm in the middle of packing to move. Completely unsalvageable. And because I'm preparing to move I've got no convenience food in the house I can just eat as is, and I can't face making a whole new sandwich right now so I'm going to have to go out and buy something.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I bought apple and blackcurrant juice and it just tastes like apple. :(

I don't even mind apple, I just also like blackcurrant.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The last cat we had on the table for a spey was loving riddled with fleas so now I'm itching like mad at phantom bites AND I have to do a double bleach in theatre instead of the standard clean because we're all paranoid about fleas. They are the worst.

Also the cat was a right oval office and it took a chunk out of one of my fingers. Cats are meant to be my speciality, you rear end!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm hungry and I really want some French toast but I'm fat :(

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
And a hamster just died in my hands which was great. Granted, it was dying anyway but still, it knocks your confidence.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Roro posted:

And a hamster just died in my hands which was great. Granted, it was dying anyway but still, it knocks your confidence.

I'm sure you're trying your best, that must be a downer

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I had a coffee because I'm extremely tired from my circadian rhythm being completely out of whack but all it did was make me feel worse and I'm sure I'll be asleep again by 10 am.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just realized that the new Blade Runner is almost three hours long, and that I sure as poo poo shouldn't have refilled and downed my 64oz thing of water recently.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I don't know why theaters aren't demanding the return of intermissions

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Because it means fewer movie showings resulting in less money. They hate long movies.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

They get jack from the movies themselves, the profit is from the concessions which intermissions could encourage

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My local theater does intermissions and they can gently caress right off with them.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
I accidently sent a work email that referred to money as "spendy boys"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Roro posted:

I was at the vet and while I was checking out I saw one of the guys computers and he was filling out a for for the pet cremation place where my dog was cremated and I started crying in the middle of checking out. Then I saw the vet tech carrying this cat out of the room completely without compassion. She just stuck the cat under her right arm as if she was carrying a box or something. Had to draw, sorry for my lack of skills

Also my cats vet bills are super expensive and my dumb condo payment posts FIVE DAYS before it was supposed to, so the combination made me go info a negatives balance on my bank account, and get fined for it. I am now completely broke and have had to steal food from my work so I could eat. Wonnderful! :911:

I also have a poo poo ton of medical bills that I can't pay. Looking forward to the collector's letters and calls. Also now I can't afford my medicine. Lol. :911::patriot::911:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Oct 9, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was a huge fire in a nearby town and now my whole city smells like burning. My home smells like burning even after closing all the windows, and the smell is even worse outside. The smell was so bad it actually woke me up and I thought I had left the oven on overnight.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Missed a call on my cell phone while on a conference call at work and I can't get the idea out of my head that it was a recruiter calling me about the position I applied to last night, even though they almost certainly would have left a message or emailed me after the fact. If they had only called 10 minutes earlier or later :argh:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

They wouldn't need to leave a message if you were actually responsible, attentive, and resourceful. Sorry for your loss

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Why do people even use USPS anymore? Me, my mom, and friends have all lost packages-- that are irretrievable because when you go to the post office, they look around for real and welp, it's not there. It's because the mail man just decides to take it, or the sorter, or something. gently caress USPS. And they are sooooooooo expensive.

Summary:
:commissar:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I ate fast food/takeout 4 days in a row now and my body and my wallet are deeply regretting it

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Away all Goats posted:

I ate fast food/takeout 4 days in a row now and my body and my wallet are deeply regretting it

:same:

I've been alone for the past week, so there's been no reason to actually cook. Burgers and pizza and beer all day every day seems like a cool deal until you feel your heart struggling to beat.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

Why do people even use USPS anymore? Me, my mom, and friends have all lost packages-- that are irretrievable because when you go to the post office, they look around for real and welp, it's not there. It's because the mail man just decides to take it, or the sorter, or something. gently caress USPS. And they are sooooooooo expensive.

Summary:
:commissar:

and when they gently caress up your change of address and try to send poo poo too early everything ends up delayed because it prints a "COA NOT ACTIVE" label and then they don't send it until the next day

fuckers

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm completing the final semester of my degree and I am just so done with it all I'm hardly putting any effort into any of the work. C's are good enough for me. But it's all just so tedious and aggravating.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm completing the final semester of my degree and I am just so done with it all I'm hardly putting any effort into any of the work. C's are good enough for me. But it's all just so tedious and aggravating.

My last semester of high school, I got a ton of ads and even maybe an F because I didn't care. Prior to this I had all As. I didn't look at the last assignment or something so I came to class without a paper. Boy was that embarrassing. I also had 3 periods off because I had finished all my necessarily classes already so I would go home to watch Jerry Springer.

Related: they don't post more Steve Wilkos episodes on the nosey app and Comcast only records one per day even though other channels post reruns. The airing of the show is really annoying too. It goes like this: Monday: child abuse Tuesday: DNA "this ain't my baby! Wednesday: cheating partners Thursday: DNA "it ain't my baby" Friday: child abuse/molestation Saturday/Sunday: nothing. I only want to watch the depressing episodes so it's frustrating.

Don't get me wrong though, I love DNA and cheating stories, but that's what Maury's for.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The fuckers in my building haven't turned the heat on yet (old building) because it had been unseasonably warm, but it's freezing now and they still won't turn them on. I can't get a space heater (again, old building, lovely/old wiring) so I'm super cold all the time. I shouldn't have to wear thick fleeces and sweat pants and wool socks in my apartment!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Mu Zeta posted:

There was a huge fire in a nearby town and now my whole city smells like burning. My home smells like burning even after closing all the windows, and the smell is even worse outside. The smell was so bad it actually woke me up and I thought I had left the oven on overnight.

Sup CA goon. I'm in the South Bay and I can still smell the fire from here. The sky looks permanently overcast even though the weather forecast has been sunny and clear all week. Thankfully I can keep most of the smell out by keeping my windows closed, but sometimes my apartment feels stuffy and I really like having fresh air.

:ca:

Unrelated, but I think my electric kettle finally died a couple days ago. It wouldn't turn on, and I realized the outlet had been tripped so I tried to reset it. Plugged the kettle back in, immediately tripped the outlet. Reset, tried again, same deal. Even tried on a different GFCI outlet to make sure it was a problem with the kettle, not the outlet. On the upside, the kettle only cost about $20 and I've had it for several years so it's no big loss. Buying a new kettle isn't an issue, but it's been annoying having to go without one for a few days. I drink a lot of tea, and heating water in the microwave or coffee brewer just isn't the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My eye hurts because I got a little bit of shampoo in it yesterday. I had just thrown away the random bottle of eye-wash drops I had a week ago, on the logic that I hadn't had any I-got-stuff-in-my-eye-and-it-hurts instances in a while.