Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Holy poo poo this intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Lefffftist dirtbags, minds broken by irony,
Rise up, large sons, and make yourselves a podcaaaaast.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Holy poo poo Patton's story about Lovecraft's grave paid off

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/917513671408078848

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

padijun posted:

Holy poo poo Patton's story about Lovecraft's grave paid off

gently caress yes it did.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

A slightly underappreciated thing on the Szechuan Sauce ordeal was that Justin Rowland was outright drumming this up for months, on which he was somewhat teary eyed, going "Yes there is some harmful fans, but every fandom has jerks, what's important is how much good we can do from this" at the wake of McDonalds about to severely underestimate just how many and how much folk wanted this promotional sauce.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Keep in mind that Justin Roiland is an idiot manchild who got mad when his animators unionized to combat his bullshit.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Yeah I guess it's not to fan the flames for future pr between animation figures, news outlets and such but ignoring the part where even if Adult Swim and Dan Harmon weren't compkicit on this at all, you still had Justin boast about getting a jug of the sauce, getting hashtags going and fervently tweeting anout sauce news. If it wasn't "Oh, this show tends to get Superbowl level numbers of audience share", "Oh, one of the major heads of this show who is both the voice of Rick and Morty sure is super excited about this" definitely was the tipping point for the weekend ordeal.

Hell, Binging with Babish's career outright sparked when he made the "How to make the Szechuan Sauce" vid. People already had both figured out how it tasted like and how to make it not only that, but far, far better versions at home, it was more the cultural aspect of "I get to try this weird shared memory that the man who voiced my fave cartoon had".

Besides I had someone honestly defend the reaction as "Yeah it's not like other groups had to be an inconvenience to get something the people wanted going.... like ANTIFA" so my standards on "worst take" were blown out.

Edit: I guess he did tweet out. Around the end of it. JUSTINROWLAND: FYI: We had nothing to do with this McDonald's stuff. Not happy w/how this was handled. Please be cool to the employees it's not their fault

stupid twitter client not letting me copy a link to a tweet

Kunster fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 10, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kunster posted:

Yeah I guess it's not to fan the flames for future pr between animation figures, news outlets and such but ignoring the part where even if Adult Swim and Dan Harmon weren't compkicit on this at all, you still had Justin boast about getting a jug of the sauce, getting hashtags going and fervently tweeting anout sauce news. If it wasn't "Oh, this show tends to get Superbowl level numbers of audience share", "Oh, one of the major heads of this show who is both the voice of Rick and Morty sure is super excited about this" definitely was the tipping point for the weekend ordeal.

Hell, Binging with Babish's career outright sparked when he made the "How to make the Szechuan Sauce" vid. People already had both figured out how it tasted like and how to make it not only that, but far, far better versions at home, it was more the cultural aspect of "I get to try this weird shared memory that the man who voiced my fave cartoon had".

Besides I had someone honestly defend the reaction as "Yeah it's not like other groups had to be an inconvenience to get something the people wanted going.... like ANTIFA" so my standards on "worst take" were blown out.

Edit: I guess he did tweet out. Around the end of it. JUSTINROWLAND: FYI: We had nothing to do with this McDonald's stuff. Not happy w/how this was handled. Please be cool to the employees it's not their fault

stupid twitter client not letting me copy a link to a tweet

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/917548339075235840

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh God and people were wondering why Chapo just sort of stood away from inviting him or being on his show.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I think he's making a joke there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apoplexy posted:

I think he's making a joke there.

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/917668346841120768

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
See? I kinda feel bad for certain people who're scrutinized 24/7. Apparently Patton Oswalt is a bad guy, according to the same sort of person, because he's friends (or knows, or whatever) this racist cartoonist. It's like saying Felix should be kicked off Chapo because he's friends with Nick Mullen.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Patton episode was extremely good as was the David Cross episode. It's almost as if veteran comedians make for good guests on comedy podcasts.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"chomo maximo" killed me

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Kunster posted:

I've been onto Babish for a while now, he's actually from my home town, which is cool. He really started blowing up with the Bob's Burgers video, iirc. Either way, I gotta go learn how to make Palestinian Chicken from the video he just posted so that I can make this face when my mentally-ill and intermittently Jewish brother gets mad at me

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Felix doesn't get how close he is with pretending to be slime to appeal to kids
Kids loving love slime there is a whole youtube segment of slime making tutorials

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Apoplexy posted:

See? I kinda feel bad for certain people who're scrutinized 24/7. Apparently Patton Oswalt is a bad guy, according to the same sort of person, because he's friends (or knows, or whatever) this racist cartoonist. It's like saying Felix should be kicked off Chapo because he's friends with Nick Mullen.

excuse me sir you need to pay more respect to the chairman of the DSA or i'm going to have to put you in the gulag

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
eating fast food because it reminds me of the cartoon show that makes me feel smart (characters say the world science a lot, which is a thing intellectuals like)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

little munchkin posted:

eating fast food because it reminds me of the cartoon show that makes me feel smart (characters say the world science a lot, which is a thing intellectuals like)

sir, you are stealing stem valor

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Felix has finally crossed over and is on the latest Lovett or Leave it episode.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
A nostalgic treasure hunt to distract you from real problems is literally the plot of Ready Player One except the book thinks this is a good thing.

This episode was beyond ridiculous, was there a sauce riot?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I wondered if they were going to rag him a bit for praising Eric Garland's sirthisisastarbucks.txt

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Apoplexy posted:

lol

Nick Mullen tells jokes with caricatured accents. A Wyatt Mann produced the alt right ur-jew caricature and turns out content like this:

lol

Jim Goad's a real character too, look him up.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Fans posted:

A nostalgic treasure hunt to distract you from real problems is literally the plot of Ready Player One except the book thinks this is a good thing.

This episode was beyond ridiculous, was there a sauce riot?

There were angry chants against minimum wage employees and some guy stomped on a packet in a parking lot, prompting dweebs to run up and rub chicken nuggets into the pavement to try and taste meme sauce, remarking how delicious the gravel-encrusted chicken nugget was.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I thought that the mcnugget sauce thing was an ongoing joke, not just some throwaway bit from one episode lol

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

uber_stoat posted:

lol

Nick Mullen tells jokes with caricatured accents. A Wyatt Mann produced the alt right ur-jew caricature and turns out content like this:

Yes, I know. I listen to Cum Town and love him and his humor, probably as much as I love Chapo. That said, it rings very similar to the attacks on Felix and company. I entirely disagree with Patton's association with anyone who is to the right of him, but I'd prefer we just radicalize him to the left and he'll cut ties eventually.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I thought that the mcnugget sauce thing was an ongoing joke, not just some throwaway bit from one episode lol

it was just the one joke, but roiland tweeted about it a couple times and mcdonalds sent him a case of the sauce which he also tweeted about and i don't even know why i know any of that, this whole thing is so loving stupid, it's all manchildren who think they're smarter than everyone around them due to their choice in television show angrily tweeting at a corporation for ruining their order of chicken nuggets. gently caress this awful world we live in

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
also how the gently caress does patton know the a wyatt mann dude. why were they ever on friendly terms

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I figured they came up together as comics and it's like that friend from college who got really racist after you graduated but you still see them every couple years.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

little munchkin posted:

it was just the one joke, but roiland tweeted about it a couple times and mcdonalds sent him a case of the sauce which he also tweeted about and i don't even know why i know any of that, this whole thing is so loving stupid, it's all manchildren who think they're smarter than everyone around them due to their choice in television show angrily tweeting at a corporation for ruining their order of chicken nuggets. gently caress this awful world we live in

McD’s also did a giveaway of bottles of the stuff to 3 winners. They helped hype it up as well. Their plan for “super limited” was loving terrible. Most retailers had figured out by 2005 to use a voucher system on Black Friday to help prevent the kinda poo poo that went down on Saturday. McD’s played a hand in this through poor planning and support, and they should share blame as one of the largest companies in the world.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I am glad that McDonald's contributed to making terrible nerds melt down about cartoon sauce.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

I am glad that McDonald's contributed to making terrible nerds melt down about cartoon sauce.

they're a terrible company that got shitloads of free publicity. anything besides mutual destruction of both parties is A Bad Outcome

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Fans posted:

It's also Pokemon Go. It's real life already.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

Yes, I know. I listen to Cum Town and love him and his humor, probably as much as I love Chapo. That said, it rings very similar to the attacks on Felix and company.

Nick Mullen makes jokes, A. Wyatt Mann makes racist propaganda for the purpose of propping up far right political movements. Shits not the same.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Also Nick Mullen has outright angrily called out nazi fans on a post-election episode, from what I understand.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Kunster posted:

Also Nick Mullen has outright angrily called out nazi fans on a post-election episode, from what I understand.
what a bold and brave stand

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Nick Mullen boldly kneels for the national anthem before every recording of his hit podcast, "Cum Town," about the town full of cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Punkin Spunkin posted:

what a bold and brave stand

If I remember right he was like "Jesus Christ I'm not a Nazi stop thinking I'm a Nazi you Nazi weirdos. " because the whole time Stav was saying "okay but actually the opposite to all our Nazi fans out there, please still listen"