Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
Just reading the english patch notes here

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

quote:

Fixed an issue allowing a Flyfish’s missle launcher to be destroyed when hit with a bomb just as it closed, although the bomb hadn’t gone inside.

They should 100% leave this in. It's super hard to hit and Flyfish are OP anyway. It's like a reward for a difficult skillshot. Plus bugs that become intended mechanics are cool as hell. Look at Dota 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WHen does the update go live? Excited to try out some new weapons maybe.

Edit: holy crap Splattershot Pro
Forge Splattershot Pro ・Increased shot speed by roughly 67%, while not changing shot range.
• Decreased weapon sway when shooting on the ground by roughly 10%.
• Decreased weapon sway when shooting right after a jump by roughly 40%.
• Increased movement speed while shooting by roughly 10%.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even if you had the most optimum weapon set possible and a team of insane Splatoon veterans ready to go and work together like some kind of insane squidkid hivemind, Goldie rounds are still a wretched crapshoot of RNG that can fail you through no fault of your own.

Yeah, Goldie Seeking really is the worst wave in the game. Especially if the Goldie happens to spawn on the outer edge of the map all the time, making it difficult to ferry the eggs to the basket in time. It's not particularly exciting from a skill standpoint either, since you're just playing a game of hot and cold. Grillers and Mothership rounds at least demand skill from the team.

Polish Avenger posted:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

They should 100% leave this in. It's super hard to hit and Flyfish are OP anyway. It's like a reward for a difficult skillshot. Plus bugs that become intended mechanics are cool as hell. Look at Dota 2.

Flyfish aren't OP. Drizzlers and Stingers are far worse and have to be dealt with immediately. Drizzlers can basically block off entire areas and are extremely time consuming to kill, while Stingers are aimbotting assholes that can be difficult to reach. That's not to say to ignore Flyfish entirely, as letting them stack up makes the wave very difficult to handle, but they have nothing on those 2 boss Salmonids.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

During its active period, the effect of Last-Ditch Effort is now multiplied by 2.4 times the number of times it is equipped as a main gear ability (was previously multiplied by 1.8).

i may have to go back to my LDE/Tri-Slosher build

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I wonder if the .96 gal is worth a drat now

I'm surprised they buffed the dualie squelchers as much as they did. Already seemed like one of the better loadouts to me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

I'm surprised they buffed the dualie squelchers as much as they did. Already seemed like one of the better loadouts to me.

Was getting ganked left and right by the things last night- range keeps surprising me because I see a profile of someone using Dualies and think "oh I'm safe back here"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They nerfed my beloved Slosher.

drat you, Nintendo! :negative:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, Goldie Seeking really is the worst wave in the game. Especially if the Goldie happens to spawn on the outer edge of the map all the time, making it difficult to ferry the eggs to the basket in time. It's not particularly exciting from a skill standpoint either, since you're just playing a game of hot and cold. Grillers and Mothership rounds at least demand skill from the team.

Flyfish aren't OP. Drizzlers and Stingers are far worse and have to be dealt with immediately. Drizzlers can basically block off entire areas and are extremely time consuming to kill, while Stingers are aimbotting assholes that can be difficult to reach. That's not to say to ignore Flyfish entirely, as letting them stack up makes the wave very difficult to handle, but they have nothing on those 2 boss Salmonids.

Stingers can be outrun at least but if you get two or more drizzlers stay alive at once it goes bad fast as the inkstorm spam just covers everything.

Still more tolerable then two steel eels on flat terrain like low tide. Sometime they're easy, other times two spawn together, sheilding each other and refusing to die.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tengames posted:

Stingers can be outrun at least but if you get two or more drizzlers stay alive at once it goes bad fast as the inkstorm spam just covers everything.

Still more tolerable then two steel eels on flat terrain like low tide. Sometime they're easy, other times two spawn together, sheilding each other and refusing to die.

Oh you dear sweet innocent soul.

You've clearly never had three Steelheads trying to Three-Stooges their way through a door in Lost Outpost :gibs:.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As much as Chargers in SR drive me nuts, all is forgiven when I oneshot a Steelhead.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'll grant you that stacking flyfish is preferable to stacking drizzlers or stingers but my issue is mainly that flyfish have all of the things when it comes to making them hard to kill and dangerous. Sure their attacks aren't that hard to dodge but I just hate that they take a ton of ink, proper positioning, trash clearance, waiting for them to attack before they're vulnerable, global range.

Stingers are easy to kill for everyone but rollers and chargers. Drizzlers have counterplay by directing their shot over useless space (I wish more people would do this) or lining their shot up and killing them with it. Flyfish have nothing like that.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Polish Avenger posted:

I think flyfish should be an instant kill if you manage to balance a bomb on top of the pilot between the baskets. Lord knows I've somehow managed to do that plenty of times.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Was getting ganked left and right by the things last night- range keeps surprising me because I see a profile of someone using Dualies and think "oh I'm safe back here"

It's fuckin' stupid that dualies have the same / greater range as a Splattershot.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't know how you can possibly say this unless you've never been on a stage with 2+ unchecked flyfish carpet bombing the map at the same time.
Drizzlers are assholes but of all of the long range boss threats, drizzlers are way at the bottom and it's not even a contest. You can mitigate their effect from a distance, if not one-shot them altogether, whereas the only long distance offense against flyfish and stingers is the Sting Ray, and you have to have it trained on them long enough to kill them before they kill you.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Goldies literally walk all the way across the map when you find them. If your team is remotely competent you should have a trail of 5-10 eggs across that whole route, and two goldies is usually all you need to meet quota. Once you've got enough, you can just not pop any more geysers and all you have to do is fight off snatchers trying to steal the eggs.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 10, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

As a .96 Gal main that hates ballers, I'm pretty happy about this patch.

I haven't even wanted to play these last few weeks since that initial baller overbuff.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/917807081662636034
Update coming soon, and the servers - or should we say trackers - will be down for a while for maintenance.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Is matchmaking terrible for anybody else right now?

I had a 7/8 person lobby time out, twice.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 10, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're bringing the online down for like 3 hours in about 20 minutes so things are probably shaky

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Glad I read this before going and finding my Switch for splating, back to metroid!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raditts posted:

I think flyfish should be an instant kill if you manage to balance a bomb on top of the pilot between the baskets. Lord knows I've somehow managed to do that plenty of times.

It's fuckin' stupid that dualies have the same / greater range as a Splattershot.

I don't know how you can possibly say this unless you've never been on a stage with 2+ unchecked flyfish carpet bombing the map at the same time.
Drizzlers are assholes but of all of the long range boss threats, drizzlers are way at the bottom and it's not even a contest. You can mitigate their effect from a distance, if not one-shot them altogether, whereas the only long distance offense against flyfish and stingers is the Sting Ray, and you have to have it trained on them long enough to kill them before they kill you.

Goldies literally walk all the way across the map when you find them. If your team is remotely competent you should have a trail of 5-10 eggs across that whole route, and two goldies is usually all you need to meet quota. Once you've got enough, you can just not pop any more geysers and all you have to do is fight off snatchers trying to steal the eggs.

I dont think you get just how much wave time you can eat trying to find the Goldie, gathering eggs, and then trying to repeat the process enough times to pass.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Flyfish are high priority targets, I never denied that. I just don't consider them nearly as high priority as Drizzlers and Stingers, especially when Flyfish require a massive time investment to kill. Time that can be spent doing more productive things. If they're not opening up their pods, I might as well go do something more useful before trying to go back to kill them. One or two Flyfish are bearable enough to dodge. Two Stingers and Drizzlers are not, especially since Drizzlers are great at taking away map control. Most of the time at higher pay grades, the reason we lost tended to revolve around those 2 Salmonids.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dont think you get just how much wave time you can eat trying to find the Goldie, gathering eggs, and then trying to repeat the process enough times to pass.

For quotas around 12, it's doable even with bad RNG. For quotas around 20, bad RNG can end the wave, and not much can be done about it, which really sucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait to bust some ballers tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played some people who seemed to be shocked that their ball got burst because they were still just holding forward and not shooting, lol

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I'm more annoyed at the aerospray ink coverage nerf than I am about the baller nerf. The weapon already sucks in direct combat, why was this needed?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Night Blade posted:

I'm more annoyed at the aerospray ink coverage nerf than I am about the baller nerf. The weapon already sucks in direct combat, why was this needed?

Both weapons were excessively powerful in turf wars, and the RG was dominant in ranked. At least the MG got other buffs to compensate for the nerf. The Baller just fit in with the RG's kit way too well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Night Blade posted:

Its really not as bad in combat as goons make it out to be. I'd say its combat strength relative to the turf coverage and ink efficiency of the weapon is insane.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Night Blade posted:

It charged its special so fast people were using 10+ ballers each game, so they nerfed it

I assume they lowered the amount of points needed by the MG to compensate since it wasn't the one that was dominating ranked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My fear seems to have been confirmed, everybody needs to learn how to deal with the Splattershot Pro now it seems. I had multiple matches this morning with 4 or more of them in the game.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

In Training posted:

My fear seems to have been confirmed, everybody needs to learn how to deal with the Splattershot Pro now it seems. I had multiple matches this morning with 4 or more of them in the game.

Yeah, it's really strong.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The patch has been out for less than a day. At this point, people are throwing things at the wall and are seeing what sticks.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US+AU+NZ Vampires vs Werewolves - October 13th 21:00 PM / October 14th 15:00 AEDT

• JP Agility vs Endurance - October 15th 13:00 JST

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

The Halloween Splatfest starts on the Friday the 13th in America. Just thought it would be good to know.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh god, the Aerosprays feel so awful to use now. That turfing nerf pretty much means that they can't be nearly as mobile as before. There's pretty much no reason to ever use these over the shooters unless you really want the specials.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Using a tentacle to support a limb is cheating Marina

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm a big fan of Vampearl.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh god, the Aerosprays feel so awful to use now. That turfing nerf pretty much means that they can't be nearly as mobile as before. There's pretty much no reason to ever use these over the shooters unless you really want the specials.

Now begins the reign of the sploosh-o-matic in turf war.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
This splash-inkbrush-splatterscope-splatpro loadout in Salmon Run is like cheating!

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Oh my god the N-Zap with movement speed abilities is busted.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Pretty much. I liked having a lot of mobility and using that mobility to sneak up on people and splat them with this lovely weapon, now you may as well use literally anything else.

quote:

Good

gently caress off.

bizarre deformity posted:

It charged its special so fast people were using 10+ ballers each game, so they nerfed it

I assume they lowered the amount of points needed by the MG to compensate since it wasn't the one that was dominating ranked.

They reduced the points needed to charge the special by 10 points with this patch. If that was a problem, why do that? if that's a problem, just increase the amount of points need to charge the super and leave the coverage alone.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Night Blade posted:

They reduced the points needed to charge the special by 10 points with this patch. If that was a problem, why do that? if that's a problem, just increase the amount of points need to charge the super and leave the coverage alone.

The 10 point reduction probably doesn't fully compensate for the reduced ink spread.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Astroniomix posted:

The 10 point reduction probably doesn't fully compensate for the reduced ink spread.

Also it was only for the MG, which wasn't the problem.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Time to start charger practice with joycons. Time to start being a bad charger again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Shame Boner posted:

This splash-inkbrush-splatterscope-splatpro loadout in Salmon Run is like cheating!

Yes it is, it's a solid loadout. Is that the splatterscope or the splat charger? I assumed the splatterscope zoomed.