Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thats it right there yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

If they are gonna go all in like that then they need to put eyes on the sides of the helmet

e: https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/917524226365644800

:lol:

Lasagna Pilot fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 10, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Enjoy it while you can. Those unis are going away forever after this week, like Oklahoma's crimson pants.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Komet posted:

There was a rumor, and I'm not sure how credible it was, that Penn State had threatened to leave the Big Ten for the ACC, and the addition of regional rivals in Maryland and Rutgers was a concession.

I wouldn't want Penn State in the ACC for a variety of reasons.

I can't imagine Penn State had any clout, that was all going down while the Sandusky scandal was breaking.

And Iowa will always be Purdue's most hated rival with an I and an A in it that isn't from the state of Indiana.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

MourningView posted:

That seems like probably not a huge deal given the defense he was playing and the likelihood of Hail Marys working in general. Also Nebraska won a game that year on the Flea Kicker, which was both insanely lucky bullshit and against the rules, if you really want to play what ifs from 1997 (there is also a pretty decent chance they don't get enough coaches to change their minds and vote Nebraska 1st without Osborne announcing his retirement right before the bowl game)

The 5th down game enabled a Colorado natty. Mizzou is really good at getting historically owned.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I hold no ill will towards Florida, but now I kind of hope the Aggies beat their rear end and shove them in a locker.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JasmineLWatkins/status/917548916803035138

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I can't believe that UF uniform is real. It looks like a really bad Photoshop from a fan board or Reddit or something.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

wernox posted:

I can't imagine Penn State had any clout, that was all going down while the Sandusky scandal was breaking.

In a more sane world, perhaps. But Barry Alvarez said as much. The Big Ten had to grab at least one eastern team to keep Penn State from exploring options and, in turn, locking the conference out of the sweet sweet North East Corridors market.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thermos H Christ posted:

So here's the thing... I need Texas to beat Oklahoma.

:same:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Welcome to Tuesday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State week.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

RumbleFish posted:

I can't believe that UF uniform is real. It looks like a really bad Photoshop from a fan board or Reddit or something.

Yea it's not that far from :

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Now I really want Florida to do a uniform where the pants are printed to look like a pair of jorts.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Gary Andersen's out at Oregon State.

e:

looks like he walked away from the remainder of his contract.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/9/16450356/gary-andersen-oregon-state-resigned

The rare coach with integrity

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

Welcome to Tuesday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State week.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

got any sevens posted:

The rare coach with integrity

Giving up a 12 million dollar buyout is weird to the point of making me suspicious that they had dirt on him or something.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Remember that time Jim Harbaugh won an important game

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Sounds like Kelly Bryant is healing up nicely from his ankle injury :unsmith:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The 2012-13 NFC Championship?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think the 49 to 10 win over PSU last year was big.

He basically has the same meh good defense/no offense type of team that UF always has, only his teams are like 20-30 points better than UF every year some how.

Rosen very nearly flipped to Michigan, that would have made a difference in a few key games recently I think. Harbaugh is supposed to be a QB expert but that is different from a "gimmick system that allows average QBs to put up huge numbers" expert, so like Jimbo he needs an elite talent back there to work with.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Giving up a 12 million dollar buyout is weird to the point of making me suspicious that they had dirt on him or something.

The dude was floundering, i'd give up the money too. I'd be afraid i'd be whacked for it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It's a member of the dance squad, duh.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Harbaugh will eventually land an elite QB talent and then you'll all be sorry. I remember what that looked like with Luck running the show.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Please place Leach in charge of the NCAA.

https://twitter.com/SWXLindsayJoy/status/917561755596840960

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

got any sevens posted:

The dude was floundering, i'd give up the money too. I'd be afraid i'd be whacked for it

Performance is almost never a 'fireable with cause' offense. He said back when he was hired that if he couldn't make a winner of the team he'd rip up his own contract and walk away. Turns out that's exactly what happened.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This was always going to be a transitional year for Michigan; the early high rankings were a little silly. Year 1, Harbaugh wins 10 games with Brady Hoke's team. Year 2, are legitimately screwed in Columbus out of a division title, win 10 and go to a NY6 bowl. They'll be fine, though that was a really really stupid loss Saturday.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I genuinely love how stupid those Florida unis look. It provides a nice balance to our shocking play.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Yea it's not that far from :

These are unironically better than the real ones.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

DJExile posted:

Performance is almost never a 'fireable with cause' offense. He said back when he was hired that if he couldn't make a winner of the team he'd rip up his own contract and walk away. Turns out that's exactly what happened.

There are no strings attached if you just walk away. Maybe he's tired of traveling all the time, or maybe he didn't want to slum it as a coordinator in order to meet buyout conditions.

The fake Gator uniform is awesome, by the way.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Harbaugh's QBs have been Rudock, Speight, and O'Korn

Yeesh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jim Harbaugh will win exactly as many important games at Michigan as he won at Stanford

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This man is a national treasure

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeesh

Rudock was genuinely really good in the second half of that season. All time great transfer that helped both teams.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeesh

Michigan fans had a bunch of faith in Speight and everyone in Virginia that saw him play had the same quizzical look when Michigan went after him.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee has announced it has benched Quentin Dormady, and redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano will start against South Carolina.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Michigan fans had a bunch of faith in Speight and everyone in Virginia that saw him play had the same quizzical look when Michigan went after him.

you see, he is 6' 6"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee has announced it has benched Quentin Dormady, and redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano will start against South Carolina.

Thank god, not that it's going to make any difference but I think we've seen enough of Dormady.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thank god, not that it's going to make any difference but I think we've seen enough of Dormady.

Big rumor going around (not only message boards, but in press) that Dormady is threatening to transfer. Honestly Guarantano has looked awful, and to Dormady's credit our offensive line has done him no favors. So at least Guarantano can run for his life.

This feels like a hail mary by Butch to save his job. We will see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

It won't make any difference, but this is a good QB name tool team.

• Locked thread