Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Haifisch posted:

2003 Spiderman

They also serve what?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The perfidious Jew does it again!

edit: "yo vey!"

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'm trying to think of what nefarious thing they could be doing with the space. As long as they don't damage the place, who cares.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alterian posted:

I'm trying to think of what nefarious thing they could be doing with the space. As long as they don't damage the place, who cares.

Sex! Drugs!

Human Trafficking?

Maybe they're going to download a car.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Sex! Drugs!

Human Trafficking?

Illegal movie theater, pop up restaurant, or strip club are my guesses. It wouldn't be a real strip club though. That would be too spicy. Something more like a Hooters but they would react like it was a full nude bar.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Butter and lettuce on the same sandwich? Maybe it's delicious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Sex! Drugs!

Human Trafficking?

I'm actually kind of hoping it is a lingerie show, only because it'd probably make Morecock999's head explode.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alterian posted:

Illegal movie theater, pop up restaurant, or strip club are my guesses. It wouldn't be a real strip club though. That would be too spicy. Something more like a Hooters but they would react like it was a full nude bar.

They're going to rebroadcast a Major League Baseball game with only implied verbal consent instead of express written consent.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Pop Team Epic is getting a legit English language release: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-09/vertical-licenses-pop-team-epic-the-delinquent-housewife-manga/.122501

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:japan:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm actually kind of hoping it is a lingerie show, only because it'd probably make Morecock999's head explode.

Well, more like a sex party where they show off, and take orders for, lingerie, dildos, vibes, etc etc etc.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lowen SoDium posted:

Wolverine has 4 claws right? gently caress it, sure.
I can't believe I didn't notice that.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Shut up, nerd.

Mary Worth

OK this is some kind of con, right?

The Phantom

Just do what you're told, Nugent.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

OK this is some kind of con, right?
With how much they're focusing on it, it's absolutely going to be a con, so Wilbur will run back to whatsherface and she'll go back to happy LDR-with-a-fat-dork status quo.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Sex! Drugs!

Human Trafficking?

In the boundary-pushing spirit that brought us the newspaper comics' first menarche, I hope these characters are getting together to smoke marijuana.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Alterian posted:

They're going to do a reenactment of "The Full Monty".

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, more like a sex party where they show off, and take orders for, lingerie, dildos, vibes, etc etc etc.

If this ends up being some kind of Passion Party (shock! Horror!) I'm going to laugh at how much the Evans' try to demonize it.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

There's something about the guy's face in the first panel (and in a bunch of other strips) that reminds me of the faces from One Big Happy

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (May 8, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (February 22, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (March 21, 1924)

Lil' Abner (November 20, 1937)

Barney Google (March 24, 1923)

Alley Oop (June 23, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (June 19, 1935)

Dickie Dare (August 2, 1933)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

There's something about the guy's face in the first panel (and in a bunch of other strips) that reminds me of the faces from One Big Happy
It's the mouth, I think:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Haifisch posted:

It's the mouth, I think:

the eyes too (when the One Big Happy characters close their eyes)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

This ends today's CPR lesson. Join us next time for more creepy public reproduction.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is stuck in a rut.

Working Daze backhands a complement.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix shows we're not so different.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That's not right. Those kind of Dinette set people would be Well done all the way

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Johnny Aztec posted:

That's not right. Those kind of Dinette set people would be Well done all the way
With ketchup.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

As I look at the first 3 panels of that 9CL I remember the huge outcry over a Funky Winkerbean strip that showed the exterior of a house to imply that two adult characters were spending the night together

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

coronatae posted:

As I look at the first 3 panels of that 9CL I remember the huge outcry over a Funky Winkerbean strip that showed the exterior of a house to imply that two adult characters were spending the night together

Are you thinking of Doonesbury?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

coronatae posted:

The problem with 9CL is not that they are loving. It's that they are ALWAYS loving. They gently caress in public (on stage, in a church, on her mother's couch). They're practically attached at the crotch. Also Brooke does not know how to draw human anatomy nor how to write normal human conversation and dialog.

This is in contrast with Intelligent Life where Not-Peter and Not-Quagmire are NEVER loving. Heck, I don't think either of them have ever touched a girl.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 11, 2017

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Sometimes the Ces comes through more strongly than other times.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Jesus, shaming the dude on his coping strategies. drat, that's real cold, lady.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

treasureplane posted:

Are you thinking of Doonesbury?

No, this was definitely Funky Winkerbean and even more modest than that. Iirc the first couple of panels are the characters talking (maybe Les and new wife before she was wife?) and then the final panel was the exterior of the house at night with a light on in the bedroom window, nothing more. I can't be bothered to find it atm v:v:v

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
To be honest, I'm quite tired of Ces's last panels with "witty remark -> whimsical reply" structure. It works fine with the Forths since they are quirky people but almost all of his character do it all the time (probably not in JP but I mostly skip it)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

coronatae posted:

No, this was definitely Funky Winkerbean and even more modest than that. Iirc the first couple of panels are the characters talking (maybe Les and new wife before she was wife?) and then the final panel was the exterior of the house at night with a light on in the bedroom window, nothing more. I can't be bothered to find it atm v:v:v

Previously, on a very special "Funky Winkerbean"...

Cayla usually sees the reflection of the Lisa mask she's wearing in Les's glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That last comic....drat. It's supposed to be romantic but it just comes across as depressing. It says it all that I forgot Cayla even existed until the current Lisa's Walk plotline.

• Locked thread