Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Kassad posted:

Seeing Macron start a self-coup to crown himself Empereur would be entertaining, in a way. I wonder who would be our Victor Hugo.
Frédéric Beigbeider has got the beard.
(jk the real modern day Victor Hugo is Virginie Despentes)

Dreylad posted:

french really does have the best puns
It would if that trash movie wasn't titled "Jupiter : Le Destin de l'Univers" in French.

edit new page new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQUQvJg0oVY

Flowers For Algeria fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kassad posted:

Seeing Macron start a self-coup to crown himself Empereur would be entertaining, in a way. I wonder who would be our Victor Hugo.

The good news is that he has seriously pissed off the police and the military, so we're safe.

Turns out that when you keep belittling people, they tend to end up thinking that you're an rear end in a top hat. And Macron is physiologically incapable of not insulting people who are not at least millionaires. He just doesn't have whatever area of the brain is required in order to respect the not-wealthy. I'm willing to prove it with science if I'm allowed to perform the dissection.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/gerardcollomb/status/915231590728568834

:barf:

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Don't puke just yet, the bill hasn't reached the decidedly-getting-more-and-more-right-wing Senate yet.
I have no doubt that it's going to get worse.

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Love to live in a democracy that the UN says gravely endangers the human rights of its citizens.

http://www.un.org/apps/newsFr/storyF.asp?NewsID=40262&Cr=terrorisme&Cr1=

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Don't puke just yet, the bill hasn't reached the decidedly-getting-more-and-more-right-wing Senate yet.
I have no doubt that it's going to get worse.

Actually (and uh... surprisingly ?) the Senate did tone down a few things during the first reading of the bill.
http://www.lemonde.fr/police-justic...14_1653578.html

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Today in Macron: "Instead of raising hell, they should be looking for jobs around here". "Around here" being a 4 hours round trip from where "they" live, apparently.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

Today in Macron: "Instead of raising hell, they should be looking for jobs around here". "Around here" being a 4 hours round trip from where "they" live, apparently.

It's only like 6 hours in a luxurious macron coach though (sorry we can't have trains anymore)

I wonder if it's the actual Macron showing or a carefully executed stunt.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Just listened to a guest commentator on the radio explain that Macron seems to be going for the same "telling it like it is" vibe as Sarkozy, to court right-wing voters by getting into risk-free spats with the France Insoumise people. This particular thing might not be deliberately planned but letting the contempt show is part of an overall strategy to shape Macron's public image.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

Just listened to a guest commentator on the radio explain that Macron seems to be going for the same "telling it like it is" vibe as Sarkozy, to court right-wing voters by getting into risk-free spats with the France Insoumise people. This particular thing might not be deliberately planned but letting the contempt show is part of an overall strategy to shape Macron's public image.

If it's the same guy he also added that Sarko had the extra street cred of having been a local elected official before, as opposed to Macron.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Neuilly-sur-Seine is the place where you go forge the opposite of streetcred though

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Not when you're talking about the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I know when I consider emulating successful French Presidents Sarkozy is definitely my number one choice.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Macron is the bastard son of Giscard and Sarkozy, by way of Hollande.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If Sarkozy is "Sarko", what is Macron? "Micron"?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Mac for short I guess.

It means "pimp" in French slang and it also brings a couple of US megacorps to mind, so it works on multiple levels.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

A FN député was violently beaten this weekend by a group of antifascists.

Can’t say that I’m sad.

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Haha it's the pre-pubescent FN wunderkid, too. 5 days paid leave for a "jaw ache", let it never be said that these people work too hard.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Flowers For Algeria posted:

A FN député was violently beaten this weekend by a group of antifascists.

Can’t say that I’m sad.

Haha awesome.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope you Islamo-gauchistes were out in numbers today

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I was, I was.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My mother was raging at the low turnout

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

More news about the FN député who got kicked in the rear end

A lot of noise was made about how his attackers were scary antifa people and all. Turns out that they are regular joes who just dislike the FN and got drunk. They sound like decent dudes.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Makes you wonder: if you beat up a fascist, aren't you automatically antifa?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Nah, just someone with their heart in the right place.

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Marine & co raising a kerfuffle about far left militias was unsurprising but particularly shameless considering both of the organisations that mainly do security for the FN wear literal jackboots and have a worrying tendency to have members end up in prison for violent acts. I guess it wouldn't be the far right without the wild projection.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One of the attackers didn't even know the kid was FN but decided to assault him anyways because he "didn't like his grin and was drunk".

Just decent people who will get drunk and assault randos because they're this loving dumb.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Oh my

https://twitter.com/JLMelenchon/status/917788808476872704

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Le soleil ne se couche jamais sur l'empire Francais.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

HookShot posted:

... car Dieu se méfie des salauds la nuit.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/MAURYNicolas1/status/918053415846113280

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Current mood:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

Jules Ferry, la larme à l'oeil, tout en se masturbant.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

there are seven continents jean luc ffs

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 13, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
also we don't have colonies territories in asia anymore

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

there are seven continents jean luc ffs

Kurtofan posted:

also we don't have colonies territories in asia anymore

Yeah, he could have claimed all oceans but not all continents. Tsk, tsk. (There are five oceans: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Antarctic.)

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 13, 2017

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Why is the left in France so terrible at everything (including geography, apparently).

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

Why is the left in France so terrible at everything (including geography, apparently).
Because when we tried to get women votes in the last part of the 19th century, some idiots decided to set a few building on fire to be woke so the army killed 10s of thousands of people to regain control of Paris and save the bourgeoisie. Then we loving got the Jules because nothing beat have a clean slate like having the kind of moralistically superior left wing colonialist. Well at least they were anticlerical.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

Because when we tried to get women votes in the last part of the 19th century, some idiots decided to set a few building on fire to be woke so the army killed 10s of thousands of people to regain control of Paris and save the bourgeoisie. Then we loving got the Jules because nothing beat have a clean slate like having the kind of moralistically superior left wing colonialist. Well at least they were anticlerical.
uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

HookShot posted:

The current political regime in France is terrible and results in terrible people rising to the top. It should be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.

e: Hi Gérard, please don't put me under house arrest

Kassad fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 13, 2017