Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Magus Bride

Is Pretty. And I have heard nice things about it so I shall give it room to make its case.

Bad OP tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Its really loving good my dude

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I appreciated the instrumentals of the OP, though some bits of the music and the scenes playing in tandem didn't mesh well. Also the singer has an atypical voice for jpop-y music, which I felt it worked well for some lines, and sounded jarring in other lines. It'll probably grow on me though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My Tsukkomi. :heysexy:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wark Say posted:

My Tsukkomi. :heysexy:

Ooh ya make my motor run
My motor run~

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fireball Humorous has started. It's good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the first fireball wasn't even good!! drat that dumb disney anime!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But people wanna gently caress the robot.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Land Of The Luscious sure is

something.

I'm not sure what yet. But it's certainly something. And I'm interested in finding out precisely what.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I want to reassure ppl here that despite the obviously kinda hosed up premise of Ancient Magus Bride, there's is nothing all that hosed up about the story. Elias is an incredibly likable character and as far as I have read has never done anything remotely lovely regarding Chise. The premise also provides a great baseline from which Chise can grow as a character.

That said there are people who won't be willing to look past the premise. Perhaps there are better backstories and setup details that could have replaced that stuff. All I ask is that complaints about the premise doesn't drown out the rest of the discussion, because there was a lot to like in the manga and it was a great first episode overall.

Also I watched the sidecar racing show and that was a weird thing. Surprisingly ok, but I couldn't stop thinking, "why does this even exist?"

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ViggyNash posted:

Also I watched the sidecar racing show and that was a weird thing. Surprisingly ok, but I couldn't stop thinking, "why does this even exist?"
Gotta meet that "anime about semi-obscure sports" quota.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Land of the Lustrous has a really cool first episode! That reveal of the sunspot was rad, it looks really good in general and Phos seems like a fun protag

I'm glad microbes are saving the day again

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:rock:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Endorph posted:

im a wicked queen *plays guitar solo*

you're my favorite band

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Land Of The Luscious sure is

something.

I'm not sure what yet. But it's certainly something. And I'm interested in finding out precisely what.

It (or at least Phos) reminds me a lot of Kizuna Ai. So far, I've been enjoying it.

Really, the show that I'm most dubious about (and yes I'm watching the guttertrash like King's Game) is Urahara. It's cute, but the colors give me a headache and I hate Maki (the storeowner).

Anime-gataris was a lot better than I had expected it to be. It reminds me of that one show with the shinda-sakana-no-me club from a couple seasons back.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mari is the best character in urahara

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Is she the pigtails one? Cause if so, she's def the best

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah she's the witch :3:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like the MC's kinda sleepy attitude and her lil horns but Mari's The Cool One

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Amazon did it again, and attached the first episode's subtitles to the second episode of a show, this time UQ Holder (the first time I saw it was another show a couple seasons ago, but since CR was publishing that as well, it was just a point of amusement).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I like the aesthetic of Urahara, but I'm not sure I like the directing. There's something about use of pacing and cuts and edits that doesn't flow right, it feels stilted. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, other than that I don't like how the directing goes.

I like the new Garo, the insanely macho protagonist is hilarious. He's a giant muscleheaded doofus who carries himself with a sense of humor, without being a cruel jerk. The way he posited a strategy to the female lead (please be a bait for the monster) sat right, like he was empathetic enough that he could trust her to make the correct decision. In a dark hosed up version of America filled with even more demonic horrors, there is still room for big-hearted people willing to do right by others.

Well Zaruba is a prick, but he's stuck in his form and I don't think you're supposed to agree with him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

I like the aesthetic of Urahara, but I'm not sure I like the directing. There's something about use of pacing and cuts and edits that doesn't flow right, it feels stilted. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, other than that I don't like how the directing goes.

I like the new Garo, the insanely macho protagonist is hilarious. He's a giant muscleheaded doofus who carries himself with a sense of humor, without being a cruel jerk. The way he posited a strategy to the female lead (please be a bait for the monster) sat right, like he was empathetic enough that he could trust her to make the correct decision. In a dark hosed up version of America filled with even more demonic horrors, there is still room for big-hearted people willing to do right by others.

Well Zaruba is a prick, but he's stuck in his form and I don't think you're supposed to agree with him.

Given that he's implicitly one of the enforcers of the 'no ladies allowed' rule for Makai Knights, I'm actually a little surprised that Zaruba being a sexist jerk hasn't cropped up more often.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Land Of The Luscious

Nice freudian slip

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Droyer posted:

Nice freudian slip

Just how I like my women: Made of precious minerals and completely removed from anything resembling an actual human.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm not sure why they arent translating kongou as adamant in lotl

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Droyer posted:

Nice freudian slip

Oh whoops, I actually thought that was the title. Suppose Lustrous makes more sense tho

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Relin posted:

i'm not sure why they arent translating kongou as adamant in lotl

Probably going for Buddhist overtones?
Then again, how many casual anime fans would recognize "Kongou" as something buddhist sounding?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the drunk wife show

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phobophilia posted:

I liked the characters in the first ep but the fight looked really bad. At least the worst part (the end of it) was over quickly.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Wasn't sure what to expect from Land of the Lustrous but the first episode has me intrigued at least. Surprisingly good fit for CGI too.

Meanwhile I knew exactly what to expect from the new Kino anime and it delivered, so can't complain there either. Seems like a strong season so far.

edit: whoever makes the LoL thread, please title it 'A 3.5 on the Moe Scale'

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 10, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
That's not very high.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni: *vomits mercury*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHGJIlNeF40

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Juuni Taisen - Episode 2: Still enjoying it, they're not afraid to spend a large amount of time on dialogue and character interaction. There was a couple of cute character moments and the ED does some lifting there as well. The animation's still super good too, i really enjoy those thick-rear end lines. Looks like they'll be going into Episode 3 with some alliances and fights forming, so I'm surprisingly optimistic

Ep 2 spoilers I hope they don't keep being quite as predictable with who's gonna get axed, I was honestly hoping Episode 2 would end with no new deaths. I also hope the viewpoint character doesn't keep biting it in the end.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Moltrey posted:

Juuni Taisen - Episode 2: Still enjoying it, they're not afraid to spend a large amount of time on dialogue and character interaction. There was a couple of cute character moments and the ED does some lifting there as well. The animation's still super good too, i really enjoy those thick-rear end lines. Looks like they'll be going into Episode 3 with some alliances and fights forming, so I'm surprisingly optimistic

Ep 2 spoilers I hope they don't keep being quite as predictable with who's gonna get axed, I was honestly hoping Episode 2 would end with no new deaths. I also hope the viewpoint character doesn't keep biting it in the end.
Would you be surprised if the show turns into a sizeable trainwreck?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio posted:

:thunk:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'd be surprised if you ever make a good post.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
grouchio are you asking a sincere question or are you nudging because you've read the manga or something

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

I'd be completely deconstructed, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think he's just joking around due to us having multiple discussions about the term trainwreck being bad. or he just can't resist using it and is asking a genuine question.

• Locked thread