Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Kill all Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Just so you're aware, this was found out to be real.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/10/06/racist-daycare-letter/

Yeah, people are poo poo.

drat I'm a black dude in the south and even I thought that was fake. That person has a lot of corny hatred in their heart

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Oh hey, I was in the Whitehall/Allentown/Bethlehem area doing work for a Verizon contractor (the Scientologists I posted about earlier in the thread, actually) last year.

Having been there, I have absolutely no problem believing that that letter is real. Philly's not bad, I understand that Pittsburgh is okay though I never went that far west doing work, but damned if everything in between doesn't make the Deep South look modern by comparison.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zipperelli. posted:

Just so you're aware, this was found out to be real.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/10/06/racist-daycare-letter/

Humans are such loving poo poo.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That sounds like a gimmick post but it's not.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Snopes article says it's not clear who's sent it. Might still be fake.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
maybe it was just a prank

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Paladinus posted:

The Snopes article says it's not clear who's sent it. Might still be fake.

Yeah, all it confirmed was that it wasn't a hoax on the part of the daycare.

I'm naive as gently caress and want to believe it isn't true because it seems way too pointed and generic republican housewife strawman-y.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

lets say for a second that some dude dropped his kids off and thinks to himself he's going to send a racist letter ironically

that dude is still an rear end in a top hat and should get caught in the crossfire because he's providing a smokescreen for people we've been trying to remove from our society for centuries now

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Why assume it's a guy? I can speak from experience that women are just as capable of being racist.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, even if it's "just" ironic racism the person who wrote it is still A Bad Person. If your form of "ironic" racism involves harassing people in a way indistinguishable from regular racism, the "joke" isn't really working and you don't get to act surprised when someone punches you in the mouth.

I have no trouble believing it's real, though I feel It Needs Every Word Capitalised Or I Can't Take It Seriously.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Former DILF posted:

lets say for a second that some dude dropped his kids off and thinks to himself he's going to send a racist letter ironically

that dude is still an rear end in a top hat and should get caught in the crossfire because he's providing a smokescreen for people we've been trying to remove from our society for centuries now

no debating any of that from me

It's just an easier pill to swallow that it was a gigantic rear end in a top hat being ironic than someone who's genuinely the kind of despicable person that letter describes.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

ishikabibble posted:

no debating any of that from me

It's just an easier pill to swallow that it was a gigantic rear end in a top hat being ironic than someone who's genuinely the kind of despicable person that letter describes.

Those two things are actually the same hth

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Oh hey, I was in the Whitehall/Allentown/Bethlehem area doing work for a Verizon contractor (the Scientologists I posted about earlier in the thread, actually) last year.

Having been there, I have absolutely no problem believing that that letter is real. Philly's not bad, I understand that Pittsburgh is okay though I never went that far west doing work, but damned if everything in between doesn't make the Deep South look modern by comparison.

I mean there's a reason it's called Pennsatucky.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What if Snopes was wrong? Who watches the watchers is what I’m getting at here.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
More like oldfaithless

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

More like oldfaithless

Olduntrusting?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I nearly went oldtrustless but that sounds fuckin DUMB!!!!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
And that boyfriend was Albert Einstein Clark Kent.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
It's probably for the best that he finds out early on that his girlfriend is far-sighted and also a complete psycho

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That is complete nonsense. He doesn't wear contacts - he was wearing glasses when he kissed her. :psyduck:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

walrusman posted:

That is complete nonsense. He doesn't wear contacts - he was wearing glasses when he kissed her. :psyduck:

It implies that she had never seen him wear glasses before

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Oh he was wearing contacts all right... FULL contacts XD like with her fists XD thanks you've been a terrific audience

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

walrusman posted:

...are you kidding?

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

...and that manager's name was Albert Einstein!

That went from "pretty reasonable anecdote" to "wait, this is parody right?" so quickly I got whiplash.

felch me daddy jr. has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Oct 10, 2017

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm not sure which is more preposterous and nonsensical, the spirit of McDonald's or the spirit of Rick and Morty.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Where have I seen that before...

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Stuff I hope is stdh.txt

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/10/tony-abbott-says-climate-change-is-probably-doing-good?CMP=soc_567

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Man, it's terribly overused, but I'll never tire of the clapping in these stories.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

tyblazitar posted:

...and that manager's name was Albert Einstein!

Not the scientist, the comedian.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

:stare:

Should feed this dingdong to a volcano 'god' jfc

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

In most countries, far more people die in cold snaps than in heatwaves, so a gradual lift in global temperatures, especially if it’s accompanied by more prosperity and more capacity to adapt to change, might even be beneficial.

Ahahahahhhhhhghhhhgghh

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Fact: ice age caused mass extinction

Fact: there's no such thing as a "heat age"

Fact: higher temperatures have never been a problem

your move, libs :smug:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Don't worry about various types of crops and animals gradually going extinct -- they can easily be replaced with generically engineered wonderfoods such as Hypercows and Corn 2.0. I believe that's what you people call "evolution" :smug:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Temperature is like a rubber band. It'll stretch and stretch and stretch all day, but sooner or later there will be a (cold) snap. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Half Term Tony at it again. Friendly reminder for whenever he talks about his religious faith that he flunked out of priest school because he didn't believe in treating criminals and sinners with compassion.

He is also literally a lizard man who can't stop licking his lips, and as lizards power up in the sun, I think this is why he wants to increase global average temperatures??? Makes you think