Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

lol branco you dumb motherfucker

Kirschen posted:

The brave Jews of the USSR demonstrated their continued Jewish people-hood by dancing and singing in synagogues and in the streets on Simchat Torah. This they did in the face of Communist repression. Their actions spoke to the world. In the end we (the Jews) won, They (the Soviet oppressors) lost, and the story has faded from history and our memories, along with organizations like the Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry.

Labels: Holidays, Israel, Jews, Miracles, Moscow, simchat torah, USSR

Stiglich posted:

Creepy Harvey Weinstein.
:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I'm the sloppy drawing on Branco's obligatory pointing hand.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Panty Saluter posted:

ah. still kind of dumb but idk v:v:v

It's a very dumb joke. Almost dad joke level dumb.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Sandpuppy posted:

Will do, just as soon as Trump's political career suffers the same fate as Weinstein's Hollywood career.

Ah yes, the top selling jersey in the NFL is number 0 - Straw Man.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

Panty Saluter posted:

Secret CIA Deep State gum that temporarily paralyzes the chewer?

I'm assuming it's because he can't walk (out) and chew gum at the same time.

edit: so very beaten

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm not mad, you're mad! :qq:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and the EU court – Theresa May has angered pro-Brexit MPs by conceding that the European court of justice would continue to have jurisdiction over the UK during the “implementation period” when Britain leaves the European Union"

Telegraph:

Theresa May to tell the EU: 'The ball's in your court'

Independent:

After Martin Elliott.

Times:

Evening Standard:

EU hits back at Theresa May: 'Brexit negotiations are not a ball game'

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Are there people actually defending Weinstein or are they (rightfully) mad that he wasn't ousted sooner since it was such a well known secret?
Piss tape is real.

quote:

:five:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm honestly extremely disgusted by cartoonists trying to turn the issue of sexual entitlement by men in power to no more than a slapfight over which political side is less moral. That. Is. Not. The. Issue. Knock it the gently caress off and address the actual problem.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The brave Jews of the USSR demonstrated their continued Jewish people-hood by dancing and singing in synagogues and in the streets on Simchat Torah. This they did in the face of Communist repression. Their actions spoke to the world. In the end we (the Jews) won, They (the Soviet oppressors) lost, and the story has faded from history and our memories, along with organizations like the Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry. 

Labels: Holidays, Israel, Jews, Miracles, Moscow, simchat torah, USSR
[/quote]

drat, I need to Re read my history, I did not know that the USSR was brought low by the jews!

He also seems to have a very low bar for miracles.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

The "kid who won't stand for the pledge" cartoon but instead everyone's equating it to setting the flag on fire

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Okay so not only does Kaepernick need to shut up because he's rich, he also deserves to be poor, and we need to collectively punish all black people football players to teach them a lesson about knowing their place. Lester's not even trying to justify it with "actually the problem isn't that bad" or "well you deserve bad things because [totally bogus racist bullshit]" it's just straight up "I hate black people for existing, gently caress you."

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Kudelka:

Wilcox:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

albany academy posted:

The bill / Epstein connection isn't total republican hooey is it? I thought that was pretty well documented by a number of accounts, not just Fox and Friends.

Clinton flew on Epstein's jet a bunch of times but there's zero evidence he ever went near Epstein's island (and all of Clinton's moves are on a Secret Service sheet that is subject to FoIA). As far as anything goes they were for political or philanthropic reasons . Trump also flew on Epstein's jet and Trump's personal cell number was also in Epstein's phone, one of Trump's lawyers said in 2016 “As I have previously explained, he had no relationship with Mr. Epstein and had no knowledge whatsoever of his conduct." Trump had this to say in 2002: "I’ve known Jeff [Epstein] for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it, Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

So I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cosby? Cosby was most known, politically, for telling black men to stop complaining about racism. Right-wingers loved him before the scandal.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
This was printed in the latest edition of the local newspaper:

Horrible racist charicature or simply an absurd twist on an old concept?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Racism is so strong in America that American Football will go into a massive recession before America admits it has a problem with racism

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Kopijeger posted:

Horrible racist charicature or simply an absurd twist on an old concept?

Eh, all of Øverli's characters look like freaks.
Personally I'm more offended 'bout the lame joke.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The corporations will use any possible excuse to deprive the workers of the money they deserve, AGC

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
By what mechanism are people claiming that this fight is going to reduce player salaries?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Gorrell only had predrawn jpegs of one dollar bills, seems like.

That's that good poo poo right here.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Samurai Sanders posted:

By what mechanism are people claiming that this fight is going to reduce player salaries?

Players kneel, Real America is outraged!, attendance plummets to nothing, players take all the rightful blame for this, owners can now negotiate from a position of absolute strength now that Colin Kaepernick ruined players' leverage.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Samurai Sanders posted:

The right wing media has been pushing the idea that the NFL's decline in TV ratings is due to reactions against anthem protests. This, of course, is completely ridiculous for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that the decline started before Kaepernick ever took a knee, but they believe it nonetheless.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ratings actually seem to have increased a bit from all the attention, iirc. If anything, the owners should be begging the players to kneel more often.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pakled posted:

The right wing media has been pushing the idea that the NFL's decline in TV ratings is due to reactions against anthem protests. This, of course, is completely ridiculous for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that the decline started before Kaepernick ever took a knee, but they believe it nonetheless.
Because people are figuring out that a football game on TV is 20% play time and 80% advertising time?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Because people are figuring out that a football game on TV is 20% play time and 80% advertising time?

More like 5% playtime, 15% huddle and replays, 80% advertising time.

God drat is american football boring.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

In the future Colin Kaepernick has signed sports largest contract and taken up 95% of his teams salary cap. A Redemption Comic.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AnoHito posted:

Ratings actually seem to have increased a bit from all the attention, iirc. If anything, the owners should be begging the players to kneel more often.

Do we know anything about the current numbers, I keep hearing about ratings, but no one is ever specific. Also weird is no one is talking about revenue closest they got was that Steeler Jersey getting real popular when he was the only one on the field during the anthem.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Eh, all of Øverli's characters look like freaks.
Personally I'm more offended 'bout the lame joke.

They do to an extent, but there's definitely a racial element to many of them, likely more born from ignorance than malice though. Like in Pondus, like 90% of black characters are hideous fat women at the bar, and it definitely felt like "black" was just some wacky characteristic he could add to make them more unappealing, like hairy legs or weird teeth. It's been many years since I last read it, but if that latest Rutetid is anything to go by he hasn't gotten much better.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Pia is the best :allears:
Thank you for remembering the original point of the protest, instead of going with the lazy pro- vs anti-Trump interpretation it has been given.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Huh didn't know Weinstein was the Democrat endorsed presidential candidate.

It's just such a weak gotcha. "Haha, this bad guy was from your team, Checkmate libtard"

I mean it's a good take. The rich are monstrous pigs regardless of which politicians they buy, and we'd all be better off if we guillotined them.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I mean it's a good take. The rich are monstrous pigs regardless of which politicians they buy, and we'd all be better off if we guillotined them.

Yeah, pretty much.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I mean, unironically yeah.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jurgan posted:

Cosby? Cosby was most known, politically, for telling black men to stop complaining about racism. Right-wingers loved him before the scandal.
Umm, I think you'll find that he's actually black. So obviously, he's a pawn of the (((globalists)))

(I really need a Der Sturmer caricature to conflate this with)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Samurai Sanders posted:

That and less and less people are watching TV live

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I know you all missed this but I'm currently :five:'ing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ramos posted:

I know you all missed this but I'm currently :five:'ing.
Who are these people?

• Locked thread