Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
just your run of the mill old white racist idiot replying to Mike Ditka's comments about there not being racial oppression for the last century

what really tickled me is that he's from Taneytown which is like...perfect...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEn1lWBY7k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

from r/insanepeoplefacebook

You
Oct 6, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Just in case you thought that Pence's thing on Sunday wasn't a political stunt, here's a shameless cash-grab that came across my feed since so many of my friends like the Trump page.

That's not real, right? I can't seem to find that post.

Please tell me it isn't real.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Sarcopenia posted:

Someone pointed out that there was a spot on his shirt.

Looks like mom is gonna get a lecture.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Whore of the Sea is the worst tuna brand.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

woah how is that even possible....wouldn't 80 dollars of McDonalds be like...how many loving bags is that? could you even physically carry it out?

$80 gets you 2 big macs and a large milkshake at the late night drive through.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I hated the Fish Whore enemies in that one Call of Cthulhu game.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Punkin Spunkin posted:

woah how is that even possible....wouldn't 80 dollars of McDonalds be like...how many loving bags is that? could you even physically carry it out?

$80 Canadian - and McDonalds is proportionally more expensive in Canada - but yeah. It was two gigantic bags of poo poo + a drink tray.

The premise was that a perfect order is one in which you don't have to repeat anything for the clerk and there are no follow-up questions - just the price and "okay." So I go first and order something like "A quarter pounder with cheese meal, with a coke, not supersized, to go. That's everything, I'll pay with debit." And the clerk goes "Okay... that's $5.25, you can swipe your card..." etc.

He turns to me with an "is this amateur hour?" look on his face and starts rattling off a long series of miscellaneous things, some with multiples, which I'm not even going to bother to remember transcribe - poo poo like "four cheeseburgers..." "two small oreo mcflurries..." but it included the Mulan family meal with "extra sauce." Clerk goes "okay..." he looks at me all loving wasted with a triumphant look on his face, but his eyes bug just a bit with alarm when he hears "your total is $81.50..." He pays with cash and tries to look not-at-all stoned while he waits. When his food shows up he's doing his best to act like everything is completely normal and nothing is out of the ordinary, even while it's painfully obvious to everyone that he did something ridiculous while high. He takes the food with his best feigned nonchalance, as if this is an everyday load of fried poo poo, and walks out to the car with it, very visible as the most stoned teenager North of the 49th Parallel at that particular moment.

We ate all of it. I have no memory of how the Mulan sauce tasted, though I know I tried it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think it's retroactive nostalgia. The R&M guys wrote a script thought it would be funny for Rick to go nuts over some little-remembered nugget sauce, and dorks said "oh yeah I totally remember that and am just like Rick (a super genius who does what he wants and takes no poo poo!) ergo I'm really into getting some of this sauce!"

It could be a constructed memory. Maybe you tried it as a child or maybe you tried something similar and it was just okay at the time. But you were a kid so it’s tied up in nostalgia. Then you hear a cartoon talk about how great it was and that gets mixed with hazy memories to convince you it was some amazing experience.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
GottDAMN :eyepop:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm not proud to say that red is a family member, and blue is one of their siblings (black is me):

https://imgur.com/92MUYF2

This ticks several right-wing boxes: dog whistling about Chicago, bullshit abut Margaret Sanger and genocide, trying to avoid the gun control debate, etc.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

I have no doubt that this is just the kid being afraid of needles and not them making some indigo child antivax stand.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

You posted:

That's not real, right? I can't seem to find that post.

Please tell me it isn't real.

I don't know why it's not on his actual page, but it was real, I can promise you. I clicked on the links and watched the video to make sure I wasn't falling for a parody account or something. Here's the page it was linking to, which has the exact same quote on it.

zoux posted:

This person needs to learn how to write more like a 6 year old. They're barely even trying.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

IamnotJoe posted:

It's a hosed up attitude. She is in Odessa TX which is the most hosed up Republican town that goes through booms and then busts. The whole town is designed to leech off of the boom and pack up when the bust happens. No one invests in infrastructure and nothing gets put aside for the poor. The whole place is littered with half built McMansions and being poor is a loving sin. The fact that i would defend those "loving lazy rear end homeless bums" means that I am a loser too and that I am attacking her.

This isn't on Facebook anymore I am getting texts and phone calls. Setting up a block list. gently caress West Texas. gently caress small towns.

This is so :psyduck: twilight zone levels of bizarre that these people would be so invested in trying to convince you Mimi is a decent person that they would be calling you and your parents about it. I mean I thought you hadn't had contact with any of them for 20 years? And then they friend you and when you disagree with Mimi they all brigade you like this?! It sounds like something out is r/relationships stories. I'm not doubting you, I'm just baffled they would be so invested.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

zoux posted:

They needed to clarify the vaccination part or it might not serve as good propaganda.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sea Whore and the Fish Sluts is my new band name.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Sea Whore and the Fish Sluts is my new band name.

Hit single "I don't want no men" ft. The Purring Jew

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Panfilo posted:

This is so :psyduck: twilight zone levels of bizarre that these people would be so invested in trying to convince you Mimi is a decent person that they would be calling you and your parents about it. I mean I thought you hadn't had contact with any of them for 20 years? And then they friend you and when you disagree with Mimi they all brigade you like this?! It sounds like something out is r/relationships stories. I'm not doubting you, I'm just baffled they would be so invested.

Also the breathtaking lack of self-awareness of a former school bully who now claims to have become a completely different person, so so different, who is happy to use their friend and hanger-on network to bully and harass someone who contradicts her.

Once a bully, always a bully I suppose.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I hate to point out that the turbot is widely considered to be the whore of the sea.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Dejawesp posted:

They needed to clarify the vaccination part or it might not serve as good propaganda.

I'm glad that this first grader had the foresight to think that somebody might not understand their overall message, and took the time to clarify. You know, the type of foresight that children are known for.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This one made me think, really. It doesn't really make sense that she would have money to buy a crib but not enough to buy a pregnancy test. They sell those at the dollar store. So I guess it's fake/funny, like that one lady who kept posting about her abortion way back when. But then I was thinking...I bet there is some sort of site or sites like that. "Think you're pregnant? Embarrassed to let anyone know? Our FREE, DISCRETE service requires no tests, no doctor visits, and results will be e-mailed to you within the hour. GUARANTEED."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

SpacePig posted:

Just in case you thought that Pence's thing on Sunday wasn't a political stunt, here's a shameless cash-grab that came across my feed since so many of my friends like the Trump page.

:wtc:

Tell them that they shouldn't politicize this tragedy.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

Small towns make for small social circles and people will go to really great lengths to maintain what friend group they have because the alternative is being alone if not actively hated by everyone around you. That translates to most of the conflict in the group being pretty passive aggressive, and everyone's norms get shifted to where any direct conflict, even just bluntly disagreeing with someone, is seen as overly aggressive and mean.

An old college buddy's mom posted some garbage fake news meme, got corrected by her daughter, and I made the mistake of responding with that "you're parents on the internet then vs. now" joke. Whole family swarmed, even went digging into old posts of mine to find dirt. Toxic idiots within the group are just more important than anyone outside of it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Oh drat, I've never wanted a name change before and in 5 pages I get two. Mods, please be kind. The Purring Jew or Sentient Yelp Review. And the one that isn't for me, please bestow on someone deserving.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

queserasera posted:

Oh drat, I've never wanted a name change before and in 5 pages I get two. Mods, please be kind. The Purring Jew or Sentient Yelp Review. And the one that isn't for me, please bestow on someone deserving.

https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/namechange.php

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

there wolf posted:

Small towns make for small social circles and people will go to really great lengths to maintain what friend group they have because the alternative is being alone if not actively hated by everyone around you. That translates to most of the conflict in the group being pretty passive aggressive, and everyone's norms get shifted to where any direct conflict, even just bluntly disagreeing with someone, is seen as overly aggressive and mean.

An old college buddy's mom posted some garbage fake news meme, got corrected by her daughter, and I made the mistake of responding with that "you're parents on the internet then vs. now" joke. Whole family swarmed, even went digging into old posts of mine to find dirt. Toxic idiots within the group are just more important than anyone outside of it.

This. Also the Comadre network. A bunch of Hispanic women with nothing else to do but pretend to be sweet while passive aggressively making you feel guilty about bullshit that happened 20 years ago. I am 400 miles away and my mom is another 200 miles beyond them in Mexico and I swear to loving god she knows about it. It started as a sewing circle and the internet gave them more access.

I took a rental car once to visit my mom and before I made it across the 2 mile stretch of town my mom had been alerted that a strange car was in town and that it might be a "Mafioso". It did help with dating though. I was really into this girl during high school and someone saw us and I got a call 10 minutes later from my mom telling me that she was my cousin once removed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Small Town Merica is a cancer.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

queserasera posted:

:catstare: but with a yarmulka

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

IamnotJoe posted:

It did help with dating though. I was really into this girl during high school and someone saw us and I got a call 10 minutes later from my mom telling me that she was my cousin once removed.

I don't get this removed stuff. Does that make it proper incest or just incest in the eyes of god like step siblings?

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature
There's a lot going on in this post, a Fox News fever dream if you will.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

OatBoy posted:

There's a lot going on in this post, a Fox News fever dream if you will.

Good save at the end by telling us you're not racist Stephanie.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Dejawesp posted:

I don't get this removed stuff. Does that make it proper incest or just incest in the eyes of god like step siblings?

She is my cousin's daughter on my dads side. Her Grandfather is my uncle. It was an Uncle I had never met cause he got deported in like 77 a few months before I was born. So kind of incesty.

https://twitter.com/sam_baker/status/917839372338253830

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Apt.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Dejawesp posted:

Removal is just how many generations separated you are. Count back to the most recent common ancestor, subtract the smaller number of steps from the larger one, and that's how far removed you are from that person.

Your cousin's child is your cousin once removed. Your grandparents are the most recent common ancestor; they're 2 steps away from you and 3 steps away from your cousin's child, so 3-2 = once removed.)

(To get "first/second/third/etc. cousin", take the smaller number of steps to the most common ancestor and subtract one. In the above example, the smaller number of steps is 2, so 2-1 = they're your first cousin.)

bonus game: count how many sentences into that it takes before you fall asleep

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Besesoth posted:

Removal is just how many generations separated you are. Count back to the most recent common ancestor, subtract the smaller number of steps from the larger one, and that's how far removed you are from that person.

Your cousin's child is your cousin once removed. Your grandparents are the most recent common ancestor; they're 2 steps away from you and 3 steps away from your cousin's child, so 3-2 = once removed.)

(To get "first/second/third/etc. cousin", take the smaller number of steps to the most common ancestor and subtract one. In the above example, the smaller number of steps is 2, so 2-1 = they're your first cousin.)

bonus game: count how many sentences into that it takes before you fall asleep

That's a lot of recording effort to keep teens from loving.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Just be sure to consult the wiki before loving your pseudo-relatives. Like where I'm at, cousin fuckin is legal

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Just be sure to consult the wiki before loving your pseudo-relatives. Like where I'm at, cousin fuckin is legal

loving one's cousin is legal in most of the world.

e: I guess it was so prevalent in the US they had to ban it.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 22:17 on Oct 10, 2017

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
The only cousin I want to gently caress is Cousin Itt! Share this if you agree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

However, don't be the guy who carries Romeo and Juliet laws on a credit card-sized card in his wallet.