Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got three rolls saved up for Musashi and I'm going to cry when I don't get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got three rolls saved up for Musashi and I'm going to cry when I don't get them.

You mean Okita, or are you playing JP?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I didn't realize until like very recently that the kimono samurai girl and the ninja girl are the same servant

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

I didn't realize until like very recently that the kimono samurai girl and the ninja girl are the same servant

Surely the fact that they have the same face would have given it awa... nevermind.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, do any upcoming events in NA have more horseshoes? Because ~140 AP per drop of a relatively annoying battle seems like a pain in the rear end to get what I need for even just Asterios and Marie's ascensions.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

gudaguda will have 20 horseshoes, so some more are coming

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Horseshoe is a rare commodity, but after a few events, you will have abundant except for raising skills.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TheFlyingLlama posted:

gudaguda will have 20 horseshoes, so some more are coming

Any idea when can we expect that to happen? I need about 10 myself so it might be faster to just wait.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

hard to say because events aren't 100% one to one, but probably sometime in November

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
When is gudaguda?

efb

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Next one should be halloween, then it can be any of these: scath event, london, guda guda, Christmas, and kara crossover.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

You mean Okita, or are you playing JP?

JP. I already have Okita. :grin:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Today I learned the 20AP daily can still drop a monument sometimes. Thanks game, I guess.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Nyaa posted:

Next one should be halloween, then it can be any of these: scath event, london, guda guda, Christmas, and kara crossover.

I highly doubt they'll put the Christmas event in October or November.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Little Abigail posted:

I highly doubt they'll put the Christmas event in October or November.

There are some reasonable assumptions you can make about the event order. Christmas will be in December. If you assume they won't want characters appearing as event bosses before the event that introduces them, Scathatch will be out before Christmas and London will be out before KnK. Saber Wars will probably be within a month or so of The Last Jedi's theatrical release. I'm not even going to mention New Years and Valentine's.

Gudaguda is the only real upcoming wild card; I don't think there's anything stopping them doing it almost whenever they feel like.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
wait, saber wars is a star wars tie in?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Parody, not tie-in.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Came out a bit after The Force Awakens too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

wait, saber wars is a star wars tie in?
mysterious heroine x alter is literally darth maul

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
1/2 AP Embers has begun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It began like 6 hours ago. My Caeser can finally get to level 40.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I might actually be in a spot of trouble with QP, finally dipping below 20,000,000 thanks to a week straight of skill levelin' thanks to these new dailies. Part of me almost wishes I had taken advantage of that 1/2 Treasure period back in September.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nate RFB posted:

I might actually be in a spot of trouble with QP, finally dipping below 20,000,000 thanks to a week straight of skill levelin' thanks to these new dailies. Part of me almost wishes I had taken advantage of that 1/2 Treasure period back in September.

Raising Merlin and Sherlock's skills is what got me down to 0 QP on the japanese servers. I now need to do a couple runs of the QP dailies before upgrading anything.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I finally did Teach's interlude, with all these pages it's time to finally bump Caster Medea up another notch!

or it would be if i wasn't one stupid heart short! :argh: I thought i had a lot of those, who the hell did i use it on?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So is there a strategy for Halloween event? Any levels worth grinding for materials?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I have 26 Bronze/Silver servants I can ascend but I don't want to spend my mats. Mainly because it seems like EVERY SINGLE GOLD SERVANT I HAVE JUST NEEDS DRAGON FANGS. It's rather annoying but I've been getting a small number of them rolling in from Okeanos.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Soylentbits posted:

So is there a strategy for Halloween event? Any levels worth grinding for materials?

Do the story quests, do the party/guerrilla time quests as they appear, then grind whatever free missions have the remaining things you need I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need to find one more Dragon Reverse Scale and I can have Saber Alter max ascended in a week.

Turns out the Herc Interlude Dragon didn't have a guaranteed drop...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Motto posted:

Do the story quests, do the party/guerrilla time quests as they appear, then grind whatever free missions have the remaining things you need I guess.

And if you want it, be sure to grind the 30AP until a Halloween Princess CE drops so you can MLB it using that plus the ones in the event store.

A MLB'd Halloween Princess is +20% NP Damage and start the battle with 50% NP Gauge. Its basically an MLB'd Dragonkin and MLB'd Dragon's Meridian put together (and costing even more).

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Decided to grail Hassan because he's the only assassin I have that's super good. Also because of those sweet new moves he'll eventually get.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And if you want it, be sure to grind the 30AP until a Halloween Princess CE drops so you can MLB it using that plus the ones in the event store.

A MLB'd Halloween Princess is +20% NP Damage and start the battle with 50% NP Gauge. Its basically an MLB'd Dragonkin and MLB'd Dragon's Meridian put together (and costing even more).
Probably better to wait until after the event, since even if LBing increases the drops (not a guarantee to me after how the Moon Goddess CEs went), five copies is going to result in more drops than one LB copy.

As far as I know (which is basically nothing), because the event shop CEs go from rarest (as in you buy it with the rarest currency, Pumpkins) to most common, the general idea is to grind out Pumpkins until you can purchase all of the CE (aforementioned Halloween Princess). Then switch to the next currency tier, do the same, then again, and again. Then when you're at the bottom rung, work your way back up to Pumpkins unlocking everything else along the way.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I can't get enough of Arturia's tiny crown. It's adorable.

Of course now I need eight more Phoenix Feathers for that sweet fourth art!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Halloween has just been announced. To absolutely no one's surprise, it lands 17th October.

https://www.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/videos/1051373915018641/

We get a whopping 3 Quartz for hitting the Like/Share milestone this time. Such generosity.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 10, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nice, that's a bit earlier than I expected.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Shame I'm going to have to give up on a half day of ember farming but that's not exactly a real issue.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

One more week before I can struggle for Tamamo.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Dr Pepper posted:

One more week before I can struggle for Tamamo.

I have no quartz, and I must whale...

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I have a little over 200 free rolls saved up. I guess I'd say I'm "cautiously optimistic"? FGO really isn't a gatcha where you can afford to get your expectations up.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

looking forward to your saltposting next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I've easily done around two hundred rolls and never seen a 5-star servant aside from the one I rerolled for.

I know what to expect from this game.