Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

all those dumb cartoons about a sick computer in bed with a thermometer will prove strangely prescient

the episode of star trek voyager where neelix's space cheese got bacteria in the bio-neural gel packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

[quote="“H.P. Hovercraft”" post="“477194605”"]
oh no i left my laptop in front of a sunny window and now all my files are gone
[/quote]

I left my backups in a dank damp place and now half my files have doubled

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

imagine actual backups requiring cool chain and -85 C to not degrade

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I have more: drive 0 corrupted drive 1 because the bacteria share dna and are inherently a bad medium for storage.

see also: literal brain computers

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
a black market in drives that can…increase…their storage over time because they're taken and sold prior to the final sterilization

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
being unable to use certain hardware combinations because of immune system response

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
It'll be cool to feed your HD nutrient paste once a month.

And then lose everything because you left the case open and the cat got in there

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I draw the line at cleaning my hard disk's poop

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

counterpoint: loving and cumming in your computer and getting a response other than the death of computer

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

2 hour opinion: I liked NC better I think, it was faster paced; this will make you curse poo poo off you fuckbastard as the RNG decides not to like you again, but as you start to accrue some cash and unlock some of the many powerups, things start to swing back in your favour.

If you are that rare SteamsPerson without a backlog, this is fun enough.
i picked it up on the same 40% off deal as you, and i'm enjoying it. it seems like it fits right between Neon Chrome and Hotline Miami in scale, and the music is still great, although you hear it in smaller chunks due to the short levels. it definitely scratches that top down shooter itch.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/917514759137722368

https://twitter.com/stevekopack/status/917510500824608769

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
What galls more than the staggering tastelessness of VR disaster tourism (same for those "homelessness experience" VR things) is how inane, witless and inarticulate the resulting commentary is.

"Man this sure is crazy" says a VR man standing in a simulation of a real disaster killing people as he speaks. "Wow this poo poo is intense!!" he muses.

I could almost excuse the whole thing if anything meaningful came from it, but it's just a gnarly voyeuristic experience to fill up a spare half hour.
It is pretty cyberpunk in that respect tho.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

eschaton posted:

being unable to use certain hardware combinations because of immune system response

Lol if you haven't already experienced this in the form of conflicting irq and dma settings

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

wow...

makes you think

nothing makes me think

but imagine this picture but instead show humans at their most basic. eating and making GBS threads and maybe reproducing.

wow

now that... makes you think

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

nothing makes me think

not even your e/n thread?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
especially not that dumpster fire

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i just read that thread thanks to this thread and lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
[ASK] me about making an E/N thread.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echi has already dumpstered one venerable Pos thread, lets not make it a habit eh?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

on halloween i'm scheduled to have somebody snake a cable up my weiner and shoot a rock with a laser

does that count as cyberpunk

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no, but condolences on your stone

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

okay, what if sneak into the OR in advance and put up a giant neon fetished orientalist ad for RC cola

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

only if it's clearly visible behind you while they're snaking your peener, and it's raining

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

*scribbles notes furiously onto yellow notepad cyber-punk computing slate*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

echi has already dumpstered one venerable Pos thread, lets not make it a habit eh?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
is the stone a by-product of the soy-kaf you get at your wage-slave office or maybe a side effect of your cyberware?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

maybe it’s actually a way to securely exfiltrate secrets from a heavily patrolled zaibatsu lab

the question is, how did it get in there in the first place

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ate a whoooole lot of magnetic shards

personally i exfiltrate everything in bacterially encoded dna, every morning after that first cup of coffee.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

infernal machines posted:

ate a whoooole lot of magnetic shards

personally i exfiltrate everything in bacterially encoded dna, every morning after that first cup of coffee.

I can't wait until I am legally required to hand my biological waste over to my owneremployer so it can be checked to be sure I am not committing corporate espionage

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
*cums corporate secrets into cup under eye of bored lab tech*

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

I can't wait until I am legally required to hand my biological waste over to my owneremployer so it can be checked to be sure I am not committing corporate espionage

that's be great, current employers are very poo poo-shamey, confining places i can poo poo to only one small room on each floor

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

RFC2324 posted:

the perks of living in a corporate compound is that these things are done for you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RFC2324 posted:

if it means i can literally poo poo into the cupped hands of my employer, im all for it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
how about an algae-based polymer wound coagulate?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-17-year-old-invented-an-ingenious-way-to-instantly-stop-bleeding-a8002956.html

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

*cums corporate secrets into cup under eye of bored lab tech*

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

if it means i can literally poo poo into the cupped hands of my employer, im all for it

guess what one of your collateral responsibilities is going to be

that's rad as hell if it works as advertised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Midjack posted:

guess what one of your collateral responsibilities is going to be

oh