Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jastiger posted:

Did they.exhaust the special edition deluxe benefits?

No. Deluxe was supposed to originally get 4 DLCs, but they extended it to 6. There is one more left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I really don't like the fog of war turning into a painted map choice, it does not work for me.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Poil posted:

Do they even have a soulless and fun hating marketing department, that for some reason seems to be out to sabotage everything, like other companies do?

They hosed up the marketing and dlc structure for Tyranny.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Human Crouton posted:

No. Deluxe was supposed to originally get 4 DLCs, but they extended it to 6. There is one more left.

Good to know

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I hate theological combat in every goddamned game that it's in. You should be able to kill missionaries with soldiers to deter them from coming in your lands.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
I just want firaxis to release Civ 4 HD edition.

I don't care if they update the graphics, Just allow Civ 4 to use more than one memory core.
That's all I want.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I really don't like the fog of war turning into a painted map choice, it does not work for me.

It's really pretty. I do wish there was an option to change it though.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Religion would be fine if the units were more powerful and cost more to make.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Glass of Milk posted:

I hate theological combat in every goddamned game that it's in. You should be able to kill missionaries with soldiers to deter them from coming in your lands.

You can.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I think the "old map" fog of war in Civ VI is the only thing about its aesthetics that I really like. There is a lot of detail on the map but to me all it does is makes everything look cluttered. And I am still not on board with the leaders. And it's not that I mind "cartoony" characters or whatever, I just do not like the way they look in this game, I just think they are very off-putting.

Which is of course another thing wit V and VI... can we please get rid of the goddamn leader screen? When I replayed IV it's just... so nice when a leader pops up with a trade request or whatever and you can actually, you know, look up other info while the leader screen is up. At the same time! Amazing isn't it?! Makes me actually able to *play* a diplomatic game because I can check who is friends with who and stuff like that. And it doesn't interrupt the turn either.

Generally speaking I'd rather play Civ VI than Civ V but there are so many things in both games that just feels... backwards in how they "developed".

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Cartoon posted:

Even with all of the problems with the game Civ VI is beautiful.

Each to his own but I think the game looks terrible. It's messy, disfunctional and looks like any 'pretty' mobile game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It doesn't look terrible but it's awfully cluttered and hard to tell what something is. Especially sleeping units.

Mymla posted:

You can.
Warmonger! Warmonger! Warmonger! -1000 relations with every other civ forever, you warmonger!

I still do it everytime anyway. :argh:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Alkydere posted:

It's really pretty. I do wish there was an option to change it though.

You can't see the terrain type (plains/desert etc) properly while there's FoW. It's dumb.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I don't mind new religious units, the warrior monks might get a bonus to defence if in the same tile as a religious unit which would be SICCNASTY, and the ability to heal religious units on the move without camping them in a holy site is also REALLY nice.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
You should be able to close your borders to religious units. But you can't because if you could then a religious victory would be impossible.
Hurrah

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
There shouldn't be religious units. They're moving in very much the wrong direction there.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Eric the Mauve posted:

There shouldn't be religious units. They're moving in very much the wrong direction there.

"what? do you want MORE religious units? right on!"
- Civ Dev Team

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Elias_Maluco posted:

"what? do you want MORE religious units? right on!"
- Civ Dev Team

Dude! You're on the Civ dev team too?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

can't wait to do a daring flanking attack with my inquisitor-supported apostle, audaciously converting canberra in religious warfare

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Want to have anti religious atheist units. Tipping fedora

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Jastiger posted:

Want to have anti religious atheist units. Tipping fedora

I mean technically you could found a custom religion called "Atheism" if you wanted to.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

The best thing about religious units is massacring them with regular units. :unsmigghh:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Poil posted:

Warmonger! Warmonger! Warmonger! -1000 relations with every other civ forever, you warmonger!

I still do it everytime anyway. :argh:
Yeah I dunno why people would take offense to you slaughtering civilians trying to save you from your heathen ways.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mymla posted:

Yeah I dunno why people would take offense to you slaughtering civilians trying to save you from your heathen ways.

Every complaint about warmonger penalties comes off as incredibly whiny.

"I trampled defenseless preachers to death and people got mad!"
"I burned a city to the ground and people got mad!"
"I exterminated an entire civilization from the face of the earth for annoying me and people got mad!"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vargatron posted:

I mean technically you could found a custom religion called "Atheism" if you wanted to.

On a serious note it does bother me that there isn't a perk or ability for non religiosity. If you lead in science it should counter religious stuff and vice versa.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jastiger posted:

On a serious note it does bother me that there isn't a perk or ability for non religiosity. If you lead in science it should counter religious stuff and vice versa.

That would be effectively removing religion from the game since science is everything in Civ.

Civ IV had the right idea--religion as a vehicle for diplomatic relations--and they should have developed that idea instead of replacing it with religion as a quasi-military system awkwardly laying over the existing military system.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eric the Mauve posted:

That would be effectively removing religion from the game since science is everything in Civ.

Civ IV had the right idea--religion as a vehicle for diplomatic relations--and they should have developed that idea instead of replacing it with religion as a quasi-military system awkwardly laying over the existing military system.

So lol.

But i don't see why not if htey balanced science. If Science is your thing then you have tools against religion. If religion then happiness maybe. If culture then maybe both?

Make them more distinct and sometimes conflicting imo.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

They did that in vanilla civ 5 and it was dumb as gently caress

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

If a civilization adopts Atheism, the leader immediately dons a fedora and grows a neckbeard. Even the women.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

There's no reason for science to counter religion. The counter to religion is just not to care. It doesn't do anything bad to you.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
In fact it benefits you.

Of course, if there's only one civ going heavily into religion, they'll probably win the game.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I just don't see why they can't have science based happiness stuff. Doesn't give as much as religion, but can certainly help. Its more a defense than an offensive thing is what i am thinking of.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Jastiger posted:

I just don't see why they can't have science based happiness stuff. Doesn't give as much as religion, but can certainly help. Its more a defense than an offensive thing is what i am thinking of.

So you want to be science to be even more important, and also ... weaker?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

homullus posted:

So you want to be science to be even more important, and also ... weaker?

I didn't say weaker. Just as a defense against religious influence.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

But science isn't the opposite of religion...

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Jastiger posted:

I didn't say weaker. Just as a defense against religious influence.

You said you wanted it balanced, and science is already strong.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vargatron posted:

But science isn't the opposite of religion...

:thunk:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Gort posted:

Why don't they just have their goddamn devs talk to their fans?

Devs are all awkward nerds :v:

Really not keen on more religious units, I really wanted to see them cut down to fewer more powerful units or turn the whole thing passive. Then again, I would also like to see the tech tree take longer to progress, more cross-linking of techs, and less inspiration bonuses - so I'm probably just not in whatever target audience they have.

E:

Poil posted:

Do they even have a soulless and fun hating marketing department, that for some reason seems to be out to sabotage everything, like other companies do?

I'm not sure if they have souls, but our marketing people do enjoy fun. Although even in a relatively small company there can be an amusing/terrifying disconnect between devs and marketing where each is doing their own thing rather than staying in sync.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 11, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I just find the game a slog, but particularly I find the combat a slog. There comes a point in almost every game of Civ 6 where where you've amassed so much warmonger that you're basically resigned to winning the game by conquest, and at the point the game just becomes a morass of slowly pushing units around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

In every company in the world large enough to have distinct departments, Engineering and Marketing despise each other and are incessantly at war. They are natural enemies.