Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

he's a medical student.

which is to say, a student who studies medicine!

nice, what kind of bait and tackle does he use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know this is a lovely outlook but I think a really bad translation is kinda charming and makes me think I'm playing a Ys game for the SNES.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Zaggitz posted:

he's a medical student.

which is to say, a student who studies medicine!

to be honest this is completely in line with sahad being a complete and utter dumbass who loves drinking and taking big dumps

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

http://www.pcgamer.com/25-years-later-star-control-2-is-getting-a-direct-sequel/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVhWouEkAZU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There was a Star Control 3 though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

There was a Star Control 3 though.

quote:

"Over the past four years, we have communicated [with Reiche] regarding the progress of Star Control: Origins. He asked us not to try to make a sequel to Star Control 2 and said that he hoped one day to be able to return to the universe he and Fred Ford created. Recently, Paul told me the good news: Activision was going to let him do a true sequel to Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters (i.e. Star Control 3 is not canon for that universe)."

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Was it Star Control or Masters of Orion that had third game that was absolute poo poo?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

glam rock hamhock posted:

Was it Star Control or Masters of Orion that had third game that was absolute poo poo?

yes

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Precursors or whatever Star Control called their "Ancient Race Who Did Done Disappeared" should still be space-cows when finally revealed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Starcontrol 2 is one of those old games I feel that I should play but can never be bothered to go through the effort to acquire and set it up.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, I hear Nioh is coming to PC in a month or two. If I like Dark Souls and feudal Japan, is it worth getting, assuming the port is good?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man me and a couple friends used to play the gently caress out of SC2, I was the master of that little teleporting rear end in a top hat ship

al-azad
May 28, 2009

By the fetid breath of the Dark Twin Kazon!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

StashAugustine posted:

Hey, I hear Nioh is coming to PC in a month or two. If I like Dark Souls and feudal Japan, is it worth getting, assuming the port is good?

The gameplay and combat is Souls-like but faster and with a loot system. It doesn't have the moody exploration of those games since it uses discrete levels. I really dug it and it's in the top 15 games I've played this year. Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHKOCtLnbWs

Edit: From what I've heard Koei Tecmo's ports are pretty mediocre and it's likely the game will be capped to 1080p/60fps and probably unoptimized, but that will probably be good enough for most people and I'm sure some enterprising modder will also pull a DSFix

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 11, 2017

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Precursors or whatever Star Control called their "Ancient Race Who Did Done Disappeared" should still be space-cows when finally revealed.

They probably will be. I remember something from the SC2 manual postulating that the Precursors were quite large and hairy-- the original design for the lander craft had two very large couches, rather than a dozen human-scale seats.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

http://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/Nioh_Complete_Edition___Complete_Edition/

:eyepop:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I guess 100 GB games are the new normal

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

what's a good game that's like final fantasy tactics/advance but isn't FFT/A/2

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess 100 GB games are the new normal

Most companies do not employ the services of a demon named Kompressor like Nintendo does who manage to compress game file sizes down to an understandable level with his magic.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Shining Force 1/2/CD/3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

tactics ogre advance?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

tactics ogre advance?

The PSP remake of Tactics Ogre with redone art and balance

Closest thing to feeling like a real FFT sequel

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StashAugustine posted:

The combat is more like Ninja Gaiden than Souls but if that and Diablo style loot don't put you off then probably.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

soul nomad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
when your sequel to a hit 80s japanese space game has money and also your main character is no longer a self-insert

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Playing Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock and really liking it so far:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/544610/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock/

It's a turn-based tactical starship combat game in the BSG Universe, taking place during the first Cylon War (the timeline before the 2004 series). You plan out your moves then the game plays through a round in real-time.

The single-player campaign has a mission progression but there is also a strategic portion to play, so as to build up your officers and your fleet strength along the way.

A challenging game on the Normal (Commander) difficulty. If you liked Battlefleet Gothic:Armada you may also like this game.

Though the game is turn-based, after a battle is over you can save out a recording of your real-time battle to see what happened. This is a feature I wish Gothic had.

Example playback video (not mine):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHdXV9EXj6w

My only complaint is some of the Cylon ships look very similar to Colonial ships, but that's a minor issue.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Most companies do not employ the services of a demon named Kompressor like Nintendo does who manage to compress game file sizes down to an understandable level with his magic.

Nintendo also doesn't have to worry about large textures that take up a shitload of space

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I dunno, the graphics look pretty photorealistic to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xW9aCg2zY

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Colonel posted:

when your sequel to a hit 80s japanese space game has money and also your main character is no longer a self-insert

i couldnt find that anywhere how the hell did you

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Shining Force 1/2/CD/3

I've played 1 and 2 and they were both great; i thought 3 never came out outside of japan? Also I haven't heard of CD so I'll look around

I've also never played any of the tactics ogre games so I guess I'll try one of those, thanks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible posted:

i couldnt find that anywhere how the hell did you

it's in the neo kobe pc9801 me.ga folder, in the folder for arsys software

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Colonel posted:

it's in the neo kobe pc9801 me.ga folder, in the folder for arsys software

ace, thanks

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Starcontrol 2 is one of those old games I feel that I should play but can never be bothered to go through the effort to acquire and set it up.

http://sc2.sourceforge.net

It's pretty straightforward. Try it! It's great!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ive made a huge mistake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuadnXhN6RU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what i've learned playing multiple versions of star cruiser is that every version of star cruiser 1 is basically a prototype for the genesis version that is a prototype for star cruiser 2 and also much less playable because it runs at like 2fps

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kompressor does not dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've been dipping into some other pc98 games i've always been curious about and lemme tell you RELICS is definitely an experience

• Locked thread