Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

It's so disappointing to get 3/11 with one 6* on these pulls and getting nothing but dupes and a crappy ssb. One of them is my fourth zack bsb sword. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Just had a weird experience. Sometimes I do a simulator draw before the actual,and if it's good, I definitely pull right then. I got a 5/11 with Onion Sword and Bartz Grand Helm.

My actual pull? 4/11 with Onion Sword and Grand Helm, plus dupe Cloud USB and new Sephiroth BSB1. Happy with this pull as this is my first proper water relic.

YMMV on the simulator luck.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

It's so disappointing to get 3/11 with one 6* on these pulls and getting nothing but dupes and a crappy ssb. One of them is my fourth zack bsb sword. :mad:

Hey I had the same deal.

Vincent Shotgun I got as my new one. Other ones were dupes, one of Exdeath's SSB and then Gilgamesh Naginata. Oh well!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
3/11 on the Lucky, Cait Sith BSB (dupe), Cloud BSB2 (dupe), and Desch BSB. Also got my third 3* Icebrand, so I now have a very weak ice+ sword. No FFV synergy which is what I was hoping for the most, but my lightning team getting stronger isn't bad - I should really put the effort in to sub-30-ing the Magicite.

I also need to choose my CT relic. I was hoping the Realm Dungeon would help my decision, but it didn't really do anything. I think I've got it narrowed down to Yuna and Fujin. I considered Y'shtola but I already have a nice pick of good healing BSBs and good Torment CM team, and Tyro USB1 and the Unicorn Magicite is covering my Astra needs for Larsa.

Yuna would be a relatively unique faithga that I don't have many sources of (Serah's Mage Shout, Penelo's half strength BSB) and a holy+ armor. I have Deuce's BSB, but I also have a large amount of nice ATK/MAG buffs that are constantly in conflict.

Fujin is a nice magical support burst and can help out my Magicite Golem team. She has her SSB that she's been using to spam Meltdown, but I've been managing sub 60 clears and don't really need Earth Orbs.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 11, 2017

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Yuffie's BSB isn't insane damage or anything, but if you don't have much else for water options you can definitely make it work.

Lucky draw got me Dolphin Blow for Tifa and Reno's weird BSB. Great if they ever put out a Magus Sisters torment.

I also made my CT pick, I actually went with Yuna instead of the other, more chased after healers. The big problem now is with her BSB2, her stock SSB, and her Ultra, what do I take as her fourth break? Hymn of the Fayth, my only medica for months, one of my most cherished and reliable soul breaks? Or Trigger Happy, which is hilarious to break out in multiplayer?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Went 4/11 with Faris's USB1, Cait Sith' s BSB, Barret's super, and Arc's super. No dupes: cool lucky

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Saw a disco ball and prayed it was Cloud USB, but ended up with Gilgamesh's USB instead. This thing seems sorta...lame compared to other ultras.

I think this game is just trolling me now, I complained about getting no USBs for this fest and then ended up with one that doesn't really seem very useful to me.

Also got Galuf's en-fire SSB, which is a thing I guess. Raises crit chance, which could be handy, but it's on kind of a lame character in terms of skill access.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2/11. Dupe Bartz BSB (the earth one) and Rufus' imperil dark SSB. So I guess now I have a full lineup for both my physical and magical dark teams at least.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
2/11. Dupe Onion Sword and Exdeath USB....that should play nice with Cid.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
3/10: Gilgamesh ssb dupe, Luneth BSB, and Gogo V BSB. Nice, how do mimics work?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I got Krile's BSB. (Tomorrow's Promise, if she has multiple.) Sure, I guess? Fire is the only element I didn't need, though, being as Sea Lion is my only Magicite victory, and I don't have anything else for Krile to go with it. I would have loved Bartz's earth BSB or his LMR, or FF3/7 stuff.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Saw a disco ball and prayed it was Cloud USB, but ended up with Gilgamesh's USB instead. This thing seems sorta...lame compared to other ultras.

I think this game is just trolling me now, I complained about getting no USBs for this fest and then ended up with one that doesn't really seem very useful to me.

Also got Galuf's en-fire SSB, which is a thing I guess. Raises crit chance, which could be handy, but it's on kind of a lame character in terms of skill access.

It's not a great USB, but it's a fantastic piece of gear.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Guys, I think I won the lucky draw:

Okay, admittedly, three of the 5*s are dupes, and the one that's not is a loving gunarm that I'm probably never going to use. And sure, umbrella is solidly on the lower end of healer ultras, but still! Seven relics! Three ultras! And heck, the bracers are both pretty good dupes to have, all things considered.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I got Shelke's BSB. How good is that? Lowering MND seems situational.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Got Luneth's BSB.

Convenient, as he's already 99. At least it's not a dupe.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
2/11

I saw a disco ball and dared to hope, but it was just Seph's OSB and Ignus's ssb

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Armitage posted:

Not sure how often I'll use CoD though.

I don't use it much but it's a fantastic piece of gear. It's a +dark cloak with very good stats.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I mean, I'm still pretty fresh in this game and agree that the USB is underpowered, but Gil is now far and away my best tauntilator and the USB is fantastic for that purpose.

Gil with Squall RM4, Gaia/Divine Cross, and Warring Flame puts out OK numbers and protects your team. REAL good for these Dissidia fights, MP especially. You can also combine it with shout effects and Cloud USB, then have your own members target him with Double Cut and Tempo Flurry to make him retaliate for ~30k. I guess everything is good with Cloud USB though.

And as was said, it's a great piece of gear too.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Gilgamesh BSB (dupe) and Not Invincible Galuf SSB. Meh.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pulled Kriles OSB and a couple of dupes and it finally helped me beat my first magicite :woop:

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I got 2/11, Overstrikes for Luneth and Krile. Great stat sticks, but kind of eh Soul Breaks.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks guys for the tip. It helped immensely. =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2or7mxuYQYE

So what kind of content can I know finish with these knowledge? =P

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

And sure, umbrella is solidly on the lower end of healer ultras, but still!

"lower end of healer ultras" is still instant-cast aoe curada. You're set for CMs if nothing else. Arguably means you won't need to bring shellga, either.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Jawdins posted:

I got Shelke's BSB. How good is that? Lowering MND seems situational.
command 2 is situational. The entry is a typical hyperbreak, except it's instant and elemental and thus boostable (like, for example, by the spear it comes on). And command 1 is a typical magic break, except fast and also elemental. I'd probably use it, at least until Shelke's LD comes out.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got Cid 7's BSB and Tifa's BSB and OSB. Not TOP TIER, but Cid's BSB is a nice bit of utility to go with his Shout, and Tifa may be the Earth damage I've been looking for to defeat Hydra. My next best source of Earth is Ignus's tauntilate BSB, which is handy for tauntilating but just doesn't do super great for DPS outside of that.
Enelement+OSB is always a nice combo. I've got Ashe, Kuja, Terra, Cloud, and Bartz (his four-element OSB is weird but it plays nice with his BSB2). Tifa covers Earth! If I could grab Squall's BSB2 (I don't remember if it's on the dollar-only draw, but I'm not pulling on that) I'd be set for every element (I don't have an enholy for him, but I have TGCid's OSB and BSB, so Holy damage isn't a huge issue).

I'm cracking my head against these Dissidia MP fights. I tried it solo and MP and even with tauntilate and Runic and Relm and Y'shtola doubling up on healing I'm still getting overwhelmed by AOE damage before I can finish off the first wave. What have people done to deal with this fight?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I got Moogle Boost and a dupe SSB.

Moogle Boost looks really interesting but I'm not sure how usable it is. I don't have any other relics for Lenna which probably doesn't matter since she doesn't have wrath access. I'd still need to bring a hastega. I guess it stacks with Serah SSB, Tyro USB2, or the always great Rikku USB RW.

She is currently level 32, wondering if I should make it a priority to level her.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
2/11 shelke and cait sith ssbs. Useless garbage.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is Kain's BSB still considered good? As I understand it one of the new Dragoon abilities Japan has is a better version of his command 1. Does that affect it at all?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Nihilarian posted:

Is Kain's BSB still considered good? As I understand it one of the new Dragoon abilities Japan has is a better version of his command 1. Does that affect it at all?

It still has an ether command

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

3/11
Seph SSB
Yuffie BSB
Gilgamesh USB

I have Yuffie's BSB and USB now, I wonder if I could work her into my Liquid Flame team.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Was hoping for Red XIII USB, but got Zack BSB and Faris USB. Both are sadly outdated; Zidane's a much better Imperiler than Zack and while I'm glad to have something for Faris, the SB itself isn't anything too amazing and Mog will do better than her in MT fights. It's still a 6* armour with Slow resist, which might come in handy.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

So now I've gotta select relics from the CT and Gem draws before they go away. I'm basing their selection off of other important ones I got during the fest: Cloud USB, Rikku USB, and potentially Fujin OSB.

With Rikku USB, I basically figure I don't need OK BSB nearly as bad, since it does the same things but more and lacks BSB entries, which frees me up to get other potential items. OK can still become a beast but I have gently caress all for motes and only his SSB staff otherwise.

With Cloud USB, I hear the strat is to hone Omega Drive to r2 and go to town, and as its my only relic for him, I figure that's going to be the overall tactic, unless I get some sort of wind imperil, which is part of the point of this post. With Fujin OSB, I've got all of her other relics except Shear Feather (SSB Jin) and her BSB, the latter of which I can get in the CT drawing as I already have some of the more high-value ones. I have Larsa and Y'shtola's BSBs, and while I don't have Yuna's BSB2 I do have Aphmau's, which is basically a weaker version as I understand it, and the rest is kind of whatever (have a party Radiant Shield in Tifa USB... can't think of anything else particularly standout).

Given no other relics for Cloud and considering how I can solidify Fujin as a wind caster, is it more worth it to get a wind imperil of sorts from the Gem draw (probably Fang BSB as at least then the commands also do wind damage, though Zack and Zidane are also both options), or go for any other option that I might have open? OK is still on the table and I'm lacking a lot of proper casters- got Desch BSB during the fest, and other than him with that and Fujin, I have Seymour BSB and that is basically it. Cid Raines' BSB is an obvious choice to round things out, and is where I'm leaning.

Though come to think of it, I have lightning imperils in Garnet BSB2 and Lightning BSB2, and with Garnet BSB2 giving the party +30% ATK/MAG on entry, I could probably do decently with Desch/Lightning/Garnet/Rikku/A Healer? I still feel like this is kinda niche, which may come into play when I get to magicites, but I still need to work my way through all the Nightmares first and I still struggle with Torments and some 180/220s.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Garnet BSB2 and Rikku USB don't stack, fyi

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Garnet BSB2 and Rikku USB don't stack, fyi

Ah. That's because that technically while Rikku USB does 5 things, it's still just [atk/mag buff] and then protect, shell, and haste, right? Shame.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

eeeh.

New BSB, but it's a pretty old and awkward one. Competes with the much better Onion and Saszh BSB's too.

Both SSB are dupes, but at least I can reforge Desch's now.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Welp, I have an 8* Rising Sun now thanks to this DU's lucky. Also got Galuf's invincibility and Desch's Imperil Lightning SSBs along with duplicate copies of Yuffie's Ultra and Ingus's BSB. 8* Rising Sun has 370 (!) ATK and 208 MAG with synergy.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I just realized the Barret SSB I got on the Lucky is completely redundant because I picked up Yuffie's Ultra recently. That pull sucked.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
2/11 dupes, OK SSB and Refia SSB

Holy gently caress the hits keep coming, I struck out the entire festival

I feel like I only post itt to bitch at this point, but it's kinda hard not to when I'm F2P, my pulls suck rear end, and I'm hitting a content wall on high Torments and Magicites

Baku fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 11, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

4/11, but three (Exdeath USB/Cloud BSB2/Galuf invincibility SSB) were dupes. Oh well, at least I can just combine them because I have more than enough V/VII synergy and because the last relic was Gogo (V)'s enwater BSB. Last time I tried fighting the Living Flame I found that just Yuffie's and Paine's enwater SBs were not going to cut it for water damage, and being able to mimic on the side will come in handy with Exdeath having two different sources of Grand Cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Attestant posted:

eeeh.

New BSB, but it's a pretty old and awkward one. Competes with the much better Onion and Saszh BSB's too.

Both SSB are dupes, but at least I can reforge Desch's now.

Red BSB synergizes perfectly with things like Shout/Call of the Stars etc. at least. Having that Hastega attached is great but you only really need one.

• Locked thread