Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Casimir Radon posted:

This is what the Sega Trio plug looks like. Can anyone point me to an OEM cable?

The fancy technical name is C7 plug for a C8 socket. You should be able to fund a replacement by looking for C7 cords that are not polarized (polarized ones have one side shaped like a rectangle on the side, so that it can only go in one way).

You can just buy a working plug here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DW5YJO?th=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

moller posted:

Pretty much every shaver I've ever owned, cheap stereo equipment, etc. A thrift store should have dozens of those cables.

Edit: Apparently it's a C7 (non-polarized). I always called 'em figure 8s.

It's funny, before I got into learning electrical engineering stuff, I was always so terrified of not getting the OEM cable / power brick that came with a given device, if I had to replace it.

It was me. I was that sucker that empowered companies to charge $50 for their power brick, when a 100% compatible one is on Amazon for $10 [or Value Village for $2]

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Hell yeah I ate a Nintendo character

Pizzaface McBreadbowl?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Pizzaface McBreadbowl?

http://punchout.wikia.com/wiki/Pizza_Pasta

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Put it in a box?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

To be fair what you ate was more of a pasta pizza

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
My attempts to get my PAL N64 not looking like total poo poo ON A 42" LED have almost reached a conclusion, I've got it rigged up to the VGA port via an s-video to VGA adaptor, the picture is pretty good! The only thing is sometimes large area's of red (like Mario's cap ) appears with a flickering green, it doesn't happen in every game I've tried...it's a bit weird.

NES Games played via an everdrive Kim surprisingly awesome.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Shadow Hog posted:

Put it in a box?

Deliver it to my house

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's funny looking at the different paths your life can take. A left turn when you should have gone right can make a tremendous difference.

My 3-year-old wanted me to play a game. I let her choose. She said "Mega Man X!"

I don't have any of the originals, just the PS2 collection. So I ask her which Mega Man X she wants. "I want 6!"

I have never played 6 until today. We play through the intro mission. I let her choose the next stage "Red birdy guy." Blaze Heatnix, apparently.

If its not too late, whoever designed that stage should be shot, then fired, then shot again.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Designed is being a little kind.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Quiet Feet posted:

It's funny looking at the different paths your life can take. A left turn when you should have gone right can make a tremendous difference.
Reminds me when I had two PC games to choose from at a PC game store in England, but could only pick up one - Rayman Gold or Mega Man X(3?).

I went with Rayman Gold, but man, if that was the PC version of X3 and not just X, that'd have been something nice to own.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Holy poo poo it took 25 years but Toys for Bob is making a Star Control 2 sequel for Stardock

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Quiet Feet posted:

My 3-year-old wanted me to play a game. I let her choose. She said "Mega Man X!"

I don't have any of the originals, just the PS2 collection. So I ask her which Mega Man X she wants. "I want 6!"

I have never played 6 until today. We play through the intro mission. I let her choose the next stage "Red birdy guy." Blaze Heatnix, apparently.

If its not too late, whoever designed that stage should be shot, then fired, then shot again.

You should stop feeding your daughter paint chips.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quiet Feet posted:

You should get her a SNES Classic then :colbert:.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should get her a SNES Classic then :colbert:.

Eh, we already have 13 of those games. 15 if you count ports to other systems! :eng101:

Star Man posted:

You should stop feeding your daughter paint chips.

What is that bad I'm not a pediatrician or anything. :shrug:

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Just ordered an SD2SNES! Goddamn the conversion from USD into Canadian dollarydoos, plus the insanely high sales tax in Ontario killed me. I would have waited for Black Friday but circumstances mean I have to order it now or wait a long time.

I'm gonna be happy with this thing right?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just got mine and I'm really happy with it!

I think if you aren't already "all-in" with a retro setup that uses the original hardware and focuses on accuracy and whatnot you might be better off going the emulation route though. Either SNES Classic and adding the rest of the games you want to it or a Retropie some other thing.

It's pretty loving cool though. It's my first flash cart. I look forward to tricking out the rest of my consoles. So far I've got a PS2 with a HDD in it and now the SD2SNES. Not sure where I'll go next...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I was into it until you said "for Stardock," gently caress Brad Wardell

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got the 'dog bone' controller for the NES as I always liked how it felt compared to the brick controller, plus my other controller was getting really stiff to use. It came in and is great, but man it controller length is almost NES Classic controller short. Is there a good extension for it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Pegnose Pete posted:

Just ordered an SD2SNES! Goddamn the conversion from USD into Canadian dollarydoos, plus the insanely high sales tax in Ontario killed me. I would have waited for Black Friday but circumstances mean I have to order it now or wait a long time.

I'm gonna be happy with this thing right?

Depends on what you want out of it, but sure. I'm happy with mine.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I was into it until you said "for Stardock," gently caress Brad Wardell

I read the article wrong - they have permission from Stardock (current owners of the IP) and have been working on a sequel for a while, they just can't use the name. Their deal is with Activision.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So tell me about this Kirkzz black friday sale. Is it something he (?) does every year? What sort of discounts are we talking? Are enough people jumping on it that I have to act fast to get something?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rirse posted:

Got the 'dog bone' controller for the NES as I always liked how it felt compared to the brick controller, plus my other controller was getting really stiff to use. It came in and is great, but man it controller length is almost NES Classic controller short. Is there a good extension for it?

Yeah they're all over the place, just grab one from Amazon for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M32J01R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8nz3zbDQRBXRH

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tree Dude posted:

So tell me about this Kirkzz black friday sale. Is it something he (?) does every year? What sort of discounts are we talking? Are enough people jumping on it that I have to act fast to get something?

He started doing it semi-recently. This year is like his 2nd year doing it. Discount was 20% off everything in his store. As far as availability, it depends. The Everdrive GBA was popular last year and went into backorder.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tree Dude posted:

He's done it every year, so far as I'm aware? I think the discount is about 20% off the regular price. I don't think there's any great big rush for flashcarts during Black Friday, compared to Krikzz' usual sales rate during the year, but demand might be increased because I think it's the only major sale he does and people will try to hold off buying flashcarts until then.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Also to confirm, he is doing it this year.

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/910156874657538049

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah they're all over the place, just grab one from Amazon for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M32J01R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8nz3zbDQRBXRH

Was going to order it, but man there is a lot of mixed reviews on it.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

He started doing it semi-recently. This year is like his 2nd year doing it. Discount was 20% off everything in his store. As far as availability, it depends. The Everdrive GBA was popular last year and went into backorder.

I'm hoping to get the Famicom one, I've got an AV Famicom on the way and a pair of retro receivers/8bitdo NES controllers ready to go.

Maybe eventually I'll get HDMI installed in that too. My N64 should be on the way back tomorrow after its UltraHDMI install.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Am I high or are these like the same loving song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUZYWX2BoY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Tree Dude posted:

I just got mine and I'm really happy with it!

I think if you aren't already "all-in" with a retro setup that uses the original hardware and focuses on accuracy and whatnot you might be better off going the emulation route though. Either SNES Classic and adding the rest of the games you want to it or a Retropie some other thing.

It's pretty loving cool though. It's my first flash cart. I look forward to tricking out the rest of my consoles. So far I've got a PS2 with a HDD in it and now the SD2SNES. Not sure where I'll go next...

I am all in with a 14" PVM (needs to be replaced) and a Trinitron with RGB input (Japanese). 1Chip SFC, modded PS1 and PS2 all hooked in over RGB. Also I've got Mario RPG (US) and Yoshi's Island (JP) with fresh new batteries, and can get Kirby Superstar (JP) from a local guy here pretty cheap if I want to.

What I could use is more free time.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Selling off some handhelds and consoles (modded GBA w/101 screen, 20th anniversary GB Micro, Zelda DS lite, GC, etc.). I also will be listing some games in another thread this weekend (CIB FF2, CIB FF3, Secret of Mana, GBC/GBA games with some being CIB, DS/3DS games too). Will link back to the above linked handheld thread when I list the games too.

Getting tired of clutter and don't really need shelf candy anymore.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I read the article wrong - they have permission from Stardock (current owners of the IP) and have been working on a sequel for a while, they just can't use the name. Their deal is with Activision.

Why can't they use the name?

Come to think of it, isn't Stardock's game set in a different universe with different characters? How is it that they've ended up with one game being a sequel in name only and the other one being a genuine sequel with a different name?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

[quote="“PaletteSwappedNinja”" post="“477265119”"]
Why can’t they use the name?

Come to think of it, isn’t Stardock’s game set in a different universe with different characters? How is it that they’ve ended up with one game being a sequel in name only and the other one being a genuine sequel with a different name?
[/quote]

:shrug: there's not much info about it yet.

Stardock's game (which has been in development hell for a years) is a prequel. Apparently they've been in contact with Toys for Bob for a long time now and Stardock agreed to let them handle any Star Control 2 direct sequels.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

:woop:

UQM2 is great news; being able to support the devs without any money going to Wardell/Stardock is the cherry on top.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

UQM is my all time favorite game, I am delighted to hear this.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Rirse posted:

Sounds like you got the Japanese version, the US has a cord length of 6 feet. I got the same controller (for just $7 last month!) and ended up buying a pair of extension cables from eBay for $2.50 shipped for the pair! They came from China, took 3 weeks to arrive, and are thin as hell, but work fine with no troubles yet. I figure if the one does finally go bad from being so cheap, I have the second one to use as well.

That controller rocks by the way! What I may look at next is an adapter to allow me to plug in a SNES controller into the NES though, that might be the perfect way to go.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Tree Dude posted:

Yes, 20% off, which is great for a thing that cost $200 usually. He also lets it run for a few days, but be warned, last year I waited until the 2nd day to order and the back order was so long, I didn't get my cart until Feburary.

I think the demand will be based on which cart you're buying, but if you want it for xmas or early use, I'd order within the 1sth hour of the sale to up your chances.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

XtraSmiley posted:

That controller rocks by the way! What I may look at next is an adapter to allow me to plug in a SNES controller into the NES though, that might be the perfect way to go.

Monitor Burn has made these adapters in the past, IIRC. I don't know if he's making any right now, but you could PM him and ask. He might also have some backstock.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Rirse posted:

official dogbone is like ten foot cord isn't it? and the regular is 6...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

First time I heard the latter I immediately thought of the former. Definitely the same/similar chord progression.

• Locked thread