Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

Most European countries have virtually no fundamentalist Christians. The UK might be an exception, but even there I think it's mostly concentrated in Northern Ireland and Scotland, where they have the scary kind of Protestantism.

Yeah, I live in Northern Ireland, so that undoubtedly skews my perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Afriscipio posted:

Look up "corrective rape." Then cry for our species.

This was explicit Nazi policy for why they prosecuted gay men but not gay women. The only purpose of women is to pump out babies for the Fatherland, and a woman's consent to that end is not required.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Most European countries have virtually no fundamentalist Christians. The UK might be an exception, but even there I think it's mostly concentrated in Northern Ireland and Scotland, where they have the scary kind of Protestantism.

Less so in Scotland. The Orange Order still exists, mostly in Glasgow, but we don't have an equivalent of the DUP in the Scottish Parliament pandering to those cunts, so we have marriage equality and NI doesn't.
The Order isn't really a fundie group as an American might think of it - they don't try pushing Intelligent Design or anything like that - it's more a general right-wing British National rear end in a top hat group and Irish Catholics are one of their main targets of hate.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Finns have the "Christian Democratic Party" which is always trying to ban everything nice and fun. They, however, tend to keep their oppression political.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

What about Italy and Spain?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Religious crazies are a big deal in Poland

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Phlegmish posted:

Vatican City?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

spog posted:

Vatican City?

Not really fundamentalists. Conservative and slow to embrace change, yes, but at least their doctrinal positions (usually) come from professional theologians not crazy nutters using them to score political points. I may strongly and vehemently disagree with the Catholic Church on most everything outside of some of the social gospel stuff that Francis has been preaching lately (e.g. "wealth inequality is bad," etc.), but I have a grudging respect for it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Theology can and has been used to justify nearly everything.

Theologians work backwards more often than not.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

spog posted:

Vatican City?

Fundamentalist isn't just another word for regressive.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/917947087857348612

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Now I wast Eminem to challenge Kid Rock to a rap battle. It's pretty clear who would win.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Proteus Jones posted:

Now I wast Eminem to challenge Kid Rock to a rap battle. It's pretty clear who would win.

I want them both to become senators first and then do it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

I want them both to become senators first and then do it.

That would be too beautiful for this world.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Eminem does have the distinct honor of saying more offensive poo poo in public than even Trump and Kid Rock.

Not that it's a compliment to either of those people (gently caress em), it's just that Eminem has rapped about some really hosed up poo poo. He's not becoming senator anytime soon.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

trapped mouse posted:

Eminem does have the distinct honor of saying more offensive poo poo in public than even Trump and Kid Rock.

Not that it's a compliment to either of those people (gently caress em), it's just that Eminem has rapped about some really hosed up poo poo. He's not becoming senator anytime soon.

In this timeline you can say whatever you want. The Die Cis Scum lady could be the next president. Nobody cares. Nothing matters.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

trapped mouse posted:

a serial rappist

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

trapped mouse posted:

He's not becoming senator anytime soon.

Dude, you're just asking for it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

So Eminem has, in the course of his art, said some outrageous things. Thats a pretty easy spin when set beside your president is a self confessed serial sex offender.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

bitterandtwisted posted:

Religious crazies are a big deal in Poland

Yeah that's the country that immediately popped into my mind too.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aramoro posted:

So Eminem has, in the course of his art, said some outrageous things. Thats a pretty easy spin when set beside your president is a self confessed serial sex offender.

Counterpoint: liberals and progressives care way, way more about their side doing this sort of thing than conservatives do.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, Fred Durst.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

Counterpoint: liberals and progressives care way, way more about their side doing this sort of thing than conservatives do.

How is that a counterpoint? If anything that helps his point

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Pakled posted:

Idk, I think conservatives care when the liberal and progressive side does it too.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Cindy Shitbird posted:

Yeah, Fred Durst.

There's no room for moderates in the current political climate. It'd never work!

It took this post for me to realize that Fred Durst is basically the median value on the spectrum of white trash music between Kid Rock and Eminem.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
IT KEEPS HAPPENING!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

the pizza on the roof was the szechuan sauce of its day

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Scientists inflated dead dolphin penises to fake sex with dead dolphin vaginas :stare:

No pictures, fortunately.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:yikes:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Maybe surrogate necro beastiality is the one thing the internet can provide no pictures or video for.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ape Agitator posted:

Maybe surrogate necro beastiality is the one thing the internet can provide no pictures or video for.

You know that's not true.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2017/10/13/before_pasco_killing.html

Before Pasco killing: 'You're messing with my girlfriend'

He killed a man for messing with his imaginary girlfriend

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

UWBW posted:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2017/10/13/before_pasco_killing.html

Canadian girlfriends cause so much trouble. :(

Mental illness sucks

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

:thunk:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I don’t think we should be arming babies with butcher knives, it clearly didn’t help

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

UWBW posted:

Sooooo, she's single now right?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't do it mang, that guy will find a way to stab you through the Astral plane.
And she's a total skank anyway.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sooooo, she's single now right?

Too slow. I already boned her. Now excuse me while I sharpen these knives and review this list of names she whispered into my ears.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Bobby Digital posted:

I don’t think we should be arming babies with butcher knives, it clearly didn’t help

The only way to stop a bad baby with a knife is with a good baby with a knife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Evilreaver posted:

The only way to stop a bad baby with a knife is with a good baby with a machine gun

Fixed that there for you.