Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
VG the dealmaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYmxR2lsvQ

Has a really dry robotic translation, but it's a neat look at Nintendo back in the 1990s.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I played my Switch in the train from MKE to Chicago yesterday and it was perfect. I mostly played golf story, the perfect game for occasionally looking out he window at the scenery and then going back to the game.

The switch is perfect, friends

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Agreed friend.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wizardryo posted:

A recent Xenoblade 2 trailer shows off the fact that Blades are being done by different designers and don't look as goofy as the two main leads.

Here's a marionette Blade that looks more Persona than she does Xenoblade: https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/916200843577196544

i loving love it

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kurtofan posted:

i loving love it

:roboluv:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've played my switch in public several times and not once has anyone come over to congratulate me or kick off a rad party, what gives?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Someone commented I had a Switch and then I said I was lucky to get one because they were sold out everywhere and then we stopped talking

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like the long save time in Stardew because when I'm still playing at 2 a.m. sometimes I'll doze off and then the rooster wakes me up to play another day instead of going to bed.

It's very immersive.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I got seated next to a guy from work on a flight up to Chicago and we played Mario Kart and Golf Story the whole way there and then someone else asked me "what was that device" on the jetbridge off and it was like a Switch commercial come to life and it was good.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pfft you guys aren't true hardcore gamers. A true hardcore gamer would hunch over their Switch and refuse to make eye contact or ackowledge anyone trying to talk to them then later post about how girls are ruining video games on Reddit and also complain why no one seems to want to be your friend

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mahoning posted:

Thanks, and yes, it is. And Stardew Valley's chill atmosphere is perfect for a new (first time) parent. No swearing or throwing controllers. I literally haven't played Splatoon 2 since the night before my wife went into labor. I think the other team taking the lead in overtime in tower control or rainmaker would be too much for my fragile, sleep-deprived nerves to handle.

Total aside but congrats on fatherhood. I was you 4.5 years ago. (And now I have a 2 year old, too!)

For relevance: I thought it would kill gaming for me but it just made me get creative about when and how.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I was on my commute playing Picross on my Switch and someone said "that's the new Nintendo Switch" but they weren't really talking to me, the ads suggested that the entire train would immediately come for a round of MK8, what gives

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
[quote="“Dr. VooDoo”" post="“477272244”"]
Pfft you guys aren’t true hardcore gamers. A true hardcore gamer would hunch over their Switch and refuse to make eye contact or ackowledge anyone trying to talk to them then later post about how girls are ruining video games on Reddit and also complain why no one seems to want to be your friend
[/quote]

Those people have never left their hometowns so just boarding a flight kinda ruined their gaming cred.

Regarding Stardew load times, I read the recent AMA with the developer and he said he coded it very inefficiently from the very beginning for PC so the loading and saving system is much much slower on anything but a PC and he also said it's unlikely to change.

I don't really mind it though since the wait time usually convinces me to finally put it down after 5 hours.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Mahoning posted:

Those people have never left their hometowns so just boarding a flight kinda ruined their gaming cred.

Regarding Stardew load times, I read the recent AMA with the developer and he said he coded it very inefficiently from the very beginning for PC so the loading and saving system is much much slower on anything but a PC and he also said it's unlikely to change.

I don't really mind it though since the wait time usually convinces me to finally put it down after 5 hours.

How bad are these save times? A minute?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
edge gave mario odyssey 10/10

also they say there's about as many moons in super mario odyssey as there are korok seeds in botw

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Kurtofan posted:

also they say there's about as many moons in super mario odyssey as there are korok seeds in botw

:gizz:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

But aren't there around 900 korok seeds?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kurtofan posted:

Nintendo please, no, I have a job.

I have to eat and sleep.

Why are you doing this to me? :negative:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

VG! posted:

But aren't there around 900 korok seeds?
:getin:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Feenix posted:

Total aside but congrats on fatherhood. I was you 4.5 years ago. (And now I have a 2 year old, too!)

For relevance: I thought it would kill gaming for me but it just made me get creative about when and how.

Having a baby has made my gaming sessions short and interruptible, and mostly in bed. I haven't played a game on PC since she was born, though I play switch or Vita just about every day.

Can confirm that having a switch in the early days of having a baby saved my soul.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

LPG Giant posted:

How bad are these save times? A minute?

Yeah they're not that bad. I'd say no longer than 90 seconds.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Harlock posted:

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Considering I'd never want the game to end it's fine by me.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
When is the second Zelda DLC supposed to drop?

Also gently caress yes Super Mario Galaxy is gonna be so good.

I am legit interested in Skyrim for the switch but it's coming out on the same day as Mario so nope. I'll probably wait until a 3 for 2 sale at some point and pick it up then.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kurtofan posted:

ffs

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Mahoning posted:

Yeah they're not that bad. I'd say no longer than 90 seconds.

They seem to vary but I've never experienced one that long. Maybe the first save was 40 seconds, and between 10 and 30 since.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why the gently caress would they release it the same day as Mario?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Also gently caress yes Super Mario Galaxy is gonna be so good.

More like TEN YEARS EARLIER

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm going to get all the moons

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Wendell posted:

More like TEN YEARS EARLIER

Haha whoops. Too many Super Marios for me to keep straight.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

When is the second Zelda DLC supposed to drop?

Making a blind guess, but I'd wager they've dragged in everyone to work on getting Super Mario Odyssey out the door first considering how little has been mentioned about the second Zelda DLC pack.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HOLD ON TO YOUR loving BALLS IT'S A NEW THING FROM NINTENDO

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Making a blind guess, but I'd wager they've dragged in everyone to work on getting Super Mario Odyssey out the door first considering how little has been mentioned about the second Zelda DLC pack.

I checked the release date for the Champion amiibo and it's November 10th so maybe sometime in mid-November? Who knows, but I am looking forward to it so I can finally go beat Ganon and maybe, maybe get some more korok seeds before considering myself done with the game.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Digital Jesus posted:

I love playing my Switch handheld, in fact I've never even taken the dock out of the box and I've had the thing since release day... but it hurts my (largeish) hands after a while. Are there any good grips or whatever on the market to alleviate this issue?

So far, I still haven't seen any for sale that look chunky enough to make a difference for big-handed folk. I tried one of the gel grips on Amazon and it really did nothing for me. There's a bad-looking kickstarter for some rough 3d-printed "gripz" that look the right size, but unless the guy throws the plans up at a service where folks can order their own, probably not going anywhere https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/419520903/switch-gripz-for-the-nintendo-switch-and-3ds-xl-sy

e: I might try these nyko swivel whatevers for $10, they look like they add some good bulk http://smile.amazon.com/Nyko-Swivel-Grips-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B073ZM5Z12/

Manky fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 11, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Uh I think you'll find if it was something like Super Bario Odyssey then Edge would've only given it a score on par with Knack 2? It only gets a high score because it's a Nintendo game

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I am ready for the Super Mario

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Does Fishing in Stardew get easier? I am finding the rapid button pressing to keep the bar over the fish to be weirdly difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Does Fishing in Stardew get easier? I am finding the rapid button pressing to keep the bar over the fish to be weirdly difficult.

Yes, right now.

Hold it, don't tap.

:)

• Locked thread