Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

FizFashizzle posted:

oh man the fried chicken burn on a white rapper

i'm not sure how to...mock that exactly

yeah, that was not only painful to read but very confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This is the same dipshit who posted that horribly racist "before Columbus/after Columbus" pic

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eli Wiggum posted:

This is the same dipshit who posted that horribly racist "before Columbus/after Columbus" pic

Yeah he also called cops on kids for...making fun of him iirc?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hot Diggity! posted:

I have a call with a recruiter for a company I want to work for tomorrow!!

good luck my friend, I hope your dreams come true

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

US Soccer has the same problem as Australian soccer. It's like 5th on the list of poo poo athletes choose to play. Though at least here its growing at the youth level.

Even if you got rid of one of the big three or four in the US and had those people play soccer from age 11 or 12 the US team would be a contender.

The world cup is usually pretty poo poo anyway and soccer is one of the most doped sports in the world.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

US Soccer has the same problem as Australian soccer. It's like 5th on the list of poo poo athletes choose to play. Though at least here its growing at the youth level.

Even if you got rid of one of the big three or four in the US and had those people play soccer from age 11 or 12 the US team would be a contender.

The world cup is usually pretty poo poo anyway and soccer is one of the most doped sports in the world.
It's also run by the most evils sports organization that loving exists, in a universe that contains the IOC. It makes the NFL and NCAA look positively quaint in their corruption. At least when the NFL demands a giant new stadium, it's not built by literal slaves.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 11, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

They've been saying this about US Soccer for my entire life. Like seriously back in the 80s people were talking about how more kids were playing soccer. And it's likely even true now with all the news about concussions in football--although soccer kinda has a problem there too with kids.

If you made me guess about something I know little about I'd say the Euro/South American model of kind of saying 'gently caress school' and just grooming promising kids as soccer players is superior for creating good soccer players, but that isn't going to fly in the US. For probably good reason?

I guess then again IMG Academy exists pretty much on the theory of developing athletes, so it isn't impossible. Just isn't very widespread comparatively.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

what's the point of winning the World Cup when the US via the FBI already owned the soccer world

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Kinda glad we didn't make it because the optics of the US national team under Trump playing is Russia wasnt something I was looking forward to

We got a lotta young talent to build up in the next four years tho

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

When do the women play again

they're actually good

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
your reminder the world champion women are paid less than the men who cant even make it to the show

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really like my new job guys. I just walk around with almost complete autonomy.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Mel Mudkiper posted:

your reminder the world champion women are paid less than the men who cant even make it to the show

Because barely anyone gives a poo poo about women's soccer and even less care in the rest of the world

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jota posted:

Because barely anyone gives a poo poo about women's soccer and even less care in the rest of the world

https://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/07/06/usa-japan-womens-world-cup-tv-ratings-record

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/917947087857348612

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

true

the pro leagues need to step up when it's not the world cup/olympics, though

the wnba seems to have a bit of momentum

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm like 60 miles away from Napa (east of Sacramento) and when I woke up everything smelled faintly of smoke :eyepop:

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

What state is Kid Rock going to run in so I can move there?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I assume Michigan since he's a Detroit guy?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait Mel don't you teach ESL? I'm trying to figure out how that coincides with an MBA?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MBA is the new law degree

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait Mel don't you teach ESL? I'm trying to figure out how that coincides with an MBA?

What do you think half of the Chinese come here for

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Advance splinter cells for a Red Dawn scenario?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

fishing with the fam posted:

Tom Clancy's coffin just got a hole in the top

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Why do I keep coming to this thread, it just angries up the blood.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What do you think half of the Chinese come here for

Oh so it's not part of the MBA program

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

I believe I have earned enough loyalty points with the Confucius Institute that I will be allowed a position of power in the new regime

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh so it's not part of the MBA program

Sort of, its not like we teach them English and then shove em off to Grad School. One of the classes I teach is a Pre-MBA English for Specific Purposes course where we do MBA coursework and teach them the language skills they will need for it.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Grittybeard posted:

If you made me guess about something I know little about I'd say the Euro/South American model of kind of saying 'gently caress school' and just grooming promising kids as soccer players is superior for creating good soccer players, but that isn't going to fly in the US. For probably good reason?

This is a huge part of it. The talent that does wind up committing soccer does it later and without the full training other places provide. US collegiate soccer is pretty awful as both a product and as a training mechanism. It's why for the past few decades we've had consistently solid goalies--typically on par or better than nations who are much better at the game than us--and weak everything else. Goalies, for the most part, just need time and reps and we can give a number of them that in spades to figure out who can actually hack it. Everyone else on the team basically has a skill level that varies between "MLS mainstay" and "could play for Fulham".

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

I'm like 60 miles away from Napa (east of Sacramento) and when I woke up everything smelled faintly of smoke :eyepop:

Welcome to what August was like in Seattle.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I can't imagine going to an MBA program and actually expecting to learn anything

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I am so bored at work.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
No solitaire? Free Cell? Robot Unicorn Attack?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

No solitaire? Free Cell? Robot Unicorn Attack?

Well I'm g-chatting with my wife, tinkering with my fantasy football teams, and reading random stuff so it's not too bad. But it'd rather be at home playing Destiny.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

I really like my new job guys. I just walk around with almost complete autonomy.

Nice man! My job hunt is officially underway and I am immediately reminded how much I hate job hunting! :smithicide:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Job hunting in a nutshell:

It's even worse when you're unemployed :negative:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Nice man! My job hunt is officially underway and I am immediately reminded how much I hate job hunting! :smithicide:

I read online that LinkedIn and Glassdoor are the new ways to find jobs!!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

I read online that LinkedIn and Glassdoor are the new ways to find jobs!!

Really? Did not know that...

I haven't updated my LinkedIn in years :thunk:

I have a handful of recruiters looking for me, but that is already proving to be annoying. Can you sign up for job alerts via LI and GD?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
It's nice that I'm in such an abusive, codependent relationship with my job that I can honestly see staying for the rest of my career. Whether that's to the benefit of either me or my employer is another question entirely, but details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
LinkedIn was how I found my job. I found a lot on indeed too.

• Locked thread