Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

look at the big brain on woodhouse!

i've almost sobered up enough to go to bed :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Glans Dillzig posted:

balvenie doublewood or booker's tonight, friends?

i just finished a bottle of balvenie last night. it was good. hoping to try booker's soon.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
alcohol has many good uses, such as in medical or industrial applications

when it comes to its consumption and societal impact it is categorically a scourge

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
much like a stymie

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

when it comes to its consumption and societal impact it is categorically a scourge

don't sign your posts

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
why the gently caress are you morons continuing to quote stymie

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Kenny Logins posted:

101 is much better than the normal stuff but probably not different enough for your purposes

101 and 80 are exactly the same product. just, wild turkey 80 is pre-diluted for your in-convenience.

(you should buy the 101 and add some ice to dilute)

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

prefect posted:

last time i tried to drink wild turkey, i almost threw up at the smell of it

it is supposed to smell like that

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Stymie posted:

yes alcohol is a scourge

this thread is literally called "drinking thread: post ur poison," what did you expect to find if not open worship of a known scourge

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

prefect posted:

also on my never-drink-again list: sambuca :barf:

Lol. There's only two periods in my life I remember drinking this piss spirit: when I was a stupid teenager who thought flaming sambuca is a cool name so it must be a cool drink, and when I was a stupid undergrad who would do it with friends as a joke because it's so loving terrible.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

How to know exactly when your night is going to be a complete disaster: when some retard buys everyone sambuca shots.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chartreuse is a painful liquor to drink. it's what you buy people on their 21st as a cruel joke on their well-being

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it shouldn't be drank as a shot but with water to make a cloudy drink. it's fine, there are both better and worse aniseed liquor, but anise is not categorically terrible

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

chartreuse is a painful liquor to drink. it's what you buy people on their 21st as a cruel joke on their well-being

make a Last Word it is good

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i like anise-flavored alcohol and sorely miss the hipster microdistillery akvavit i got in portland

am i a bad person.

edit: however, while we're on the subject of weird plant flavor liquor, fernet is awful.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
never even heard of it but it sounds horrendous

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ouzo, sambuca, raki, i think israel has one too they're all the same and they're all bad

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

prefect posted:

also on my never-drink-again list: sambuca :barf:

extremely same

echinopsis posted:

chartreuse is a painful liquor to drink. it’s what you buy people on their 21st as a cruel joke on their well-being

it's very good as a drink ingredient, op

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

bookers is dope as hell

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

why do people outside america even think turning 21 is a thing?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

chartreuse and soda is pretty good

it's too sweet and too strongly flavored to drink on its own

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I like pastis (Ricard please) because I'm an octogenarian Frenchman

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

:same:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

i am also an octogenarian frenchman but i prefer gentian liqueur (suze pls)

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

ouzo, sambuca, raki, i think israel has one too they're all the same and they're all bad

:barf:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

qhat posted:

How to know exactly when your night is going to be a complete disaster: when some retard buys everyone sambuca shots.

i would absolutely refuse to take that shot, in fact i dont really do shots period so i enjoy refusing shots from people especially when they get mad about it

no i dont want your loving fireball or jaeger shot, random dude at bar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

why do people outside america even think turning 21 is a thing?

culture is hosed up I know

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I like the bourbon and the whiskey, but not peaty smoky stuff.

you guys should try drinking a lot, it's good for you!

the crystal decanter is an old family heirloom* that we put our "drinkin' whiskey' in, so right now it has bulleit so we feel all fancy when we pour it out all the time. old grandad is for a party this weekend, still good.

*might be from target

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
yo I'm going to Asheville/Brevard for a long weekend, what breweries should I stop by other than Oskar Blues?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Dislike button posted:

i would absolutely refuse to take that shot, in fact i dont really do shots period so i enjoy refusing shots from people especially when they get mad about it

no i dont want your loving fireball or jaeger shot, random dude at bar

Shots are fun but not sambuca

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

hi. im at the bar.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
get a double of malort, neat.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

malort was named after the sound that several different parts of your body will make after drinking it

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

blanton's is my favorite bourbon so congrats on having good taste

current drinking status

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Beast of Bourbon posted:

get a double of malort, neat.

I've lived in Chicago proper for 8 years and the greater Chicagoland area my entire life.

no thanks. I'll break it out when friends are in town but otherwise

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
blantons is great and worth the price to try once or twice but it doesn't compete within its weight or certain cheapers

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the rum on the top left, Lost Spirits, is 122 proof. it will gently caress you up.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the old forester "Statesmen" is a comarketing thing from the movie and is actually really really good. got it as a gift but i'm really looking forward to trying other stuff from them.

my favorite in there (other than the van winkle ofc) is probably the nikka coffey malt. it's so good.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I like the bourbon and the whiskey, but not peaty smoky stuff.

you guys should try drinking a lot, it's good for you!

the crystal decanter is an old family heirloom* that we put our "drinkin' whiskey' in, so right now it has bulleit so we feel all fancy when we pour it out all the time. old grandad is for a party this weekend, still good.

*might be from target

shiraz :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012