Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Deshaun Watson v Cleveland or Matt Ryan v Miami? If it affects things, I have Julio too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
0ppr, pick a WR and a flex

Larry Fitzgerald vs TB
Keenan Allen @ Oak
Frank Gore @ Ten
Mike Gillislee @ NYJ
Ameer Abdullah @ NO

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
[quote="“Doppelganger”" post="“477262104”"]

Larry Fitzgerald vs TB
Keenan Allen @ Oak
Frank Gore @ Ten
Mike Gillislee @ NYJ
Ameer Abdullah @ NO
[/quote]

Definitely Fitz, then Gore or Allen being the harder choice. I'd be fine with either.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Suave Fedora posted:

Definitely Fitz, then Gore or Allen being the harder choice. I'd be fine with either.
I was actually heavily leaning Abdullah for flex. Do you think Gore will be in a closer game or something?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doppelganger posted:

I was actually heavily leaning Abdullah for flex. Do you think Gore will be in a closer game or something?

It was the 0ppr that turned me off of Abdullah, whom I have in 1ppr and I'm stashing him for this week. Not that he's a bad choice, he could be heavily involved against NO but without the ppr bump, it's hard for me to justify over, say Keenan.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

Deshaun Watson v Cleveland or Matt Ryan v Miami? If it affects things, I have Julio too.

It's impossible to sit Watson right now, but also with maybe Julio back and maybe Sanu not back, Ryan's receiving corps is beat up and they have spectacular RBs to lean on. And as you said, you've already got high exposure to that offense.

But mostly you can't sit Watson untill he stops having 5-TD games.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Doppelganger posted:

Larry Fitzgerald vs TB
Keenan Allen @ Oak
Frank Gore @ Ten
Mike Gillislee @ NYJ
Ameer Abdullah @ NO

Fitz and Allen easy. The Oak pass defense is atrocious and Mack is starting to steal more and more carries from Gore.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Brissett vs Ten
Siemian vs NYG

6paTD

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Crunkjuice posted:

Ryan and Julio have both been unimpressive this season from what I've seen. I'd definitely play Watson.

Alfalfa posted:

Brissett vs Ten
Siemian vs NYG

6paTD

I'd be tempted to gamble on Brisset given the matchups.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Similar question to Crunkjuice's:

Watson vs Cleveland
Brees vs Detroit

6 PaTD

I'm currently starting Watson because my opponent has Alex Smith, Bell, Freeman, Fournette, Gronk, Tyreek, and DT. It seems like I could use his potential 40 point upside to have a chance, especially paired with Hopkins.

Counter argument: Drew Brees.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Watson vs Cleveland
Brees vs Detroit

6 PaTD

I'm currently starting Watson because my opponent has Alex Smith, Bell, Freeman, Fournette, Gronk, Tyreek, and DT. It seems like I could use his potential 40 point upside to have a chance, especially paired with Hopkins.

Brees

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Watson vs Cleveland
Brees vs Detroit

6 PaTD

Brees is the safe play, but looks like you need a homerun. Go for the Watson/Hopkins stack vs CLE.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If Garrett is back with no snap count (he played 19 snaps last week) Watson gonna die. Don't chase last week's numbers.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If Garrett is back with no snap count (he played 19 snaps last week) Watson gonna die. Don't chase last week's numbers.

How about the week-before numbers?
Or the week-before-before numbers?
Or the ...

Either way I have Myles Garrett on IDP so it's all good n plenty. Sitting Watson has cost me games in hindsight.

E: Browns are allowing a TD every 25% of drives

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 11, 2017

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

WR2 issues this week.

Standard pick one:
Golden Tate @ NO
R. Cobb @MIN
J.J. Nelson vs TB

.5 PPR pick one:
Fuller vs CLE
Watkins @JAX
Maclin vs CHI
Agholor @CAR

I dropped Tyrell Williams for Agholor...Fpros says this is a mistake but with Mike Williams coming back and the Eagles offense looking better than the chargers I disagree with them.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
[quote="“Butter Hole”" post="“477274612”"]

I dropped Tyrell Williams for Agholor...Fpros says this is a mistake but with Mike Williams coming back and the Eagles offense looking better than the chargers I disagree with them.
[/quote]

I did the same.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So I'm pretty positive I'm starting Cam over Jameis, unless someone convinces me not too, but do I play Funchess this week as well? I'm agonizing over this decision after getting burned most the season on TNF plays.

.5 ppr for WR, .75 for RB, 1 pt for TE

here's my full roster:

Kareem Hunt is a must-start, so is Evans, and Kelce if he's healthy. That leaves me 3 Flex (wr/rb/te) spots to fill.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What website uses that god-awful format?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

What website uses that god-awful format?

MyFantasyLeague

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watson will not have another 5-TD game. Three of those were hail marys

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

How about the week-before numbers?
Or the week-before-before numbers?
Or the ...

Either way I have Myles Garrett on IDP so it's all good n plenty. Sitting Watson has cost me games in hindsight.

E: Browns are allowing a TD every 25% of drives

Yeah, Brees definitely is the safer play, but I really feel like I need to swing for the fences with this matchup. Watson had incredible games the last two weeks, a great one before, and then an ok game week 2. His only bad game has been week 1 against Jacksonville and he was still able to put up astronomical numbers against the Chiefs D. That and the Browns are why I'm leaning Watson pretty heavily.

RB2 question:

With Shady out, should I play Hyde@Was, Muscle Hamster@AZ, or Buck Allen vs Chi as my RB2? Full PPR.

I'm torn mostly between Hyde and Martin, but Allen is still an option.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
No PPR

With Powell and TWest not practicing, I have a decision to make for my flex (pick 2):

McGuire vs. NE
Collins vs CHI
Cohen vs BAL
John Brown vs TB

Also TE:

Brate vs ARI
ASJ vs NE

Ive listed them in the orders I think are best. I am also hesitant with starting both McGuire and ASJ since its the Jets and the Pats D is looking better.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

kiimo posted:

what were the 5 in the game two weeks ago?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Well, I'm not staking a flag on whether he hits 5 again, but he's arguably the most capable of doing it. He has the ability (and thankfully a sense of vision and self-preservation that RG3 lacked) to supplement his passing production with rushing TDs, of which he has two for the year.

I'll also add that, side-by-side, his top two wideouts are outperforming Brees' top two wideouts.

If you have both Hopkins and Watson like Cotton Candidasis and I do, you ride that train until the wheels fall off.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just saying there are quality NFL throws and there are "chuck it deep" throws. I'm down on Watson because he isn't making pro throws he's throwing it up for grabs. Defenses will adjust and then he'll have to throw quality NFL-tier strikes on out routes and over the middle and he will most certainly get picked off. It's coming.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

.5 PPR, pick at least 1 WR and 1 flex:

Larry Fitzgerald
Stefon Diggs
DeVante Parker

Doug Martin
Buck Allen
Jerick McKinnon

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

uh oh pancho! posted:

Larry Fitzgerald
Stefon Diggs
DeVante Parker

Doug Martin
Buck Allen
Jerick McKinnon

Larry & Doug

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Butter Hole posted:

WR2 issues this week.

Standard pick one:
Golden Tate @ NO
R. Cobb @MIN
J.J. Nelson vs TB

.5 PPR pick one:
Fuller vs CLE
Watkins @JAX
Maclin vs CHI
Agholor @CAR

Any thoughts on these?

@Tommygun - Mcguire, Brown, Brate in my opinion

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

Any thoughts on these?

Unless TB's got some defensive players back they are one of the worst pas defenses in the league. I'd take a gamble on JJ Nelson this week.

Fuller against CLE.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Butter Hole posted:

Any thoughts on these?

Tate is the PPR guy, but his TD potential is always limited, and especially against a surprisingly moderate pass defence vs the slot in NO. I would def roll the dice with JJ Nelson vs TB.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

uh oh pancho! posted:

Larry Fitzgerald
Stefon Diggs
DeVante Parker

Doug Martin
Buck Allen
Jerick McKinnon

Fitz and Doug

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Pick a flex, .5 ppr:

Emmanuel vs NYG (sans Rodgers-Cromartie)
Golden Tate @ NO
Chris Thompson vs SF

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Suave Fedora posted:

Pick a flex, .5 ppr:

Golden Tate @ NO
Chris Thompson vs SF

I'd go Tate.

The Broncos offense might not have to do anything at all. I don't like Demaryius/Sanders this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Pick a flex, .5 ppr:

Golden Tate @ NO
Chris Thompson vs SF

CThom, but I can see a case for Tate. I question Denver's offense. Then again the NYG's are imploding at the moment due to some locker room drama.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I forgot that Fat Rob is a long-shot to play. Gonna go Thompson for sure if he sits.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd go Tate.

The Broncos offense might not have to do anything at all. I don't like Demaryius/Sanders this week.

You shut your mouth I need my Manny to perform!

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
1. Would it be crazy to sit Rodgers @ MIN for Ryan v. MIA this week, in 4 PTD? The MIN defense hasn't put up many fantasy points this season but they are really good, especially at home, while MIA seems mediocre. On the other hand ATL has injured receivers and a great running game...

2. Who should I flex in 0.5 PPR? The choices:
Kamara v. DET
CJ Anderson v. NYG
McKinnon v. GB
Thielen v. GB
Landry @ ATL

Yahoo projects the most points for Kamara but that seems a bit optimistic.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

gloom posted:

1. Would it be crazy to sit Rodgers @ MIN for Ryan v. MIA this week, in 4 PTD? The MIN defense hasn't put up many fantasy points this season but they are really good, especially at home, while MIA seems mediocre. On the other hand ATL has injured receivers and a great running game...

2. Who should I flex in 0.5 PPR? The choices:
Kamara v. DET
CJ Anderson v. NYG
McKinnon v. GB
Thielen v. GB
Landry @ ATL

Yahoo projects the most points for Kamara but that seems a bit optimistic.

1. It would be crazy to roster both of those guys in a 1 QB league instead of trying to trade one of them. I would still start Rodgers.

2. I'd go Anderson. That should be a clock milking type of game for Denver.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/918211512585646080

Let's pour one out for Eifert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Man, I just missed out on Kroft in dynasty. Should have given him priority over Roger Lewis on the waivers. I think Eifert is done, he can't stay on the field--the Bengals are gonna have to look to Kroft for the future.

I say this as a Bengals fan. Really wish Eifert could be the guy he was in 2015.

• Locked thread