Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Junni Taisen is a pretty solid battle royale show so far and does a great job of playing with assumptions. But I'm not really in the mood for one of those so maybe I'll bring it later.

Where is Children of the Whales streaming? The background art reminds me a lot of the Sorcery mobile games which might distract me the whole time, but I'm curious about the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

children of the whales will be on Netflix next year, but there is a group subbing it now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It would be cool to see the Chinese zodiac personality types and how they correspond to the characters - the information I've found so far is pretty incomplete. For the record, though, Boar was an interesting take on her archetype.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle posted:

children of the whales will be on Netflix next year, but there is a group subbing it now

geh

Land of the Lustrous was neat, going to see how it goes for at least a few episodes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Welp. Now the question is whether my whiny bitch of an isp considers an unaired Netflix show as "legally available"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The more I watch of Urahara, the less I care about anything that happens due to the most meager of explanations for anything. Something about how everything is framed also feels tight. Like they wanted to skimp on backgrounds and take up the screen with as much of the characters as possible. The color pallete was initially novel, but it also went to dull instantly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i kind of liked mari and the other girl in the first ep but i feel like the show likes to give the characters lots of uninterrupted screen time without giving them any particularly interesting dialog or animation so it all just kind of blends together into something that could be neat but feels way too empty

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I've got a busy few days ahead, so I won't have time to make it myself, but I'd be happy to see a Juuni Taiwan thread.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Konohana Kitan continues to be pretty and cozy, although I feel like the end of the latest ep assumed a bit more emotional weight than it's entirely earned yet after just two eps.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

I've got a busy few days ahead, so I won't have time to make it myself, but I'd be happy to see a Juuni Taiwan thread.
I can probably get one up tonight unless someone else is dying for one or actually has a good title

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Spiritus Nox posted:

Konohana Kitan continues to be pretty and cozy, although I feel like the end of the latest ep assumed a bit more emotional weight than it's entirely earned yet after just two eps.

How are the fanservice levels? I've heard it's a bit more gratuitous than is even justified by the onsen setting. I like a good relaxing cozy show, but sudden-onset fanservice really harshes my mellow.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hargrimm posted:

How are the fanservice levels? I've heard it's a bit more gratuitous than is even justified by the onsen setting. I like a good relaxing cozy show, but sudden-onset fanservice really harshes my mellow.

It's pretty fanservicey.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Konohana Kitan isn't working well for me, I don't particularly like the designs and mannerisms of the characters, and the constant inner-thoughts-monologues annoy me. Did like second episode of Urahara though, sure it's kind of vague but I see it wanting you to focus mainly on the style regardless, and I like that part.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Moltrey posted:

I finally watched something other than Juuni Taisen

Ancient Magus Bride - I really liked this a lot! It's super pretty, and I'm sucker for Learning Magic stuff. The premise has a couple of "uhhhhhh" moments but considering it's a woman writing it and the most of the people reccomending the manga in my social groups were women, I feel very confident about it. No idea what kind of stories it's going to tell, but im excited to hang out with my bone dad

I've read almost all of the current manda and the first episode really is as "skeevy" as it gets.

Elias isn't some predator creep. You don't have to worry about that in the least.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hargrimm posted:

It's pretty fanservicey, yeah. It doesn't feel agressively skeevy or anything to me in terms of where the camera's placed and such, but it's not terribly shy about showing the characters in an onsen with only a few strategically placed glares or locks of hair or what-have-you.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's pretty fanservicey, yeah. It doesn't feel agressively skeevy or anything to me in terms of where the camera's placed and such, but it's not terribly shy about showing the characters in an onsen with only a few strategically placed glares or locks of hair or what-have-you.

Thanks, that's kind of a bummer. I basically just want there to be a new Flying Witch every season, that show was so fantastic, like medical-grade relaxation and chill times.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's really what Eccentric Family was for me over the summer. Just a weirdly fantastical yet down to earth show about dealing with grief, a family's duty and tense relationships that mellowed me out a lot during some stressful times and I didn't even finish it. Gonna get back to it probably tomorrow and man I'm excited about it.

watching good anime is good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hargrimm posted:

Thanks, that's kind of a bummer. I basically just want there to be a new Flying Witch every season, that show was so fantastic, like medical-grade relaxation and chill times.

For what it's worth, I'd say Konohana's still worth a try. It IS quite relaxing, and I wouldn't say it feels like the camera's leering at the characters during the onsen scenes.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Hargrimm posted:

Yeah, I was also hoping that Konohana would be Non Non Biyori levels of innocent, and I was summarily disappointed by the first episode. It's still cute, and the setting is very pretty and reminiscent of the inn from Spirited Away with all of the fantasy creatures/side characters, but the main characters just weren't interesting or substantial enough to hook me into a second episode.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hargrimm posted:

I basically just want there to be a new Flying Witch every season, that show was so fantastic, like medical-grade relaxation and chill times.

:same:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hargrimm posted:

Watch Natsume Yuujinchou, you'll be occupied for a while.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Everything Burrito posted:

by all means, let's do what 4chan and reddit do

become popular?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

become popular?

Is 4chan popular? I thought it was mostly Russian bots these days.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Zetsubou-San why isn't your master Itoshiki-Sensei?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5aaAHnK7aw

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
because not even your posts make me want to kill myself, op

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

because not even your posts make me want to kill myself, op
My posts are bad?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

My posts are bad?
They could be better?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

They could be better?
How so? I would like my posts to be better too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They feel pretty bare bones. Like, there's no personality behind them.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I think working from here would be a good start.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wark Say posted:

They feel pretty bare bones. Like, there's no personality behind them.

no personality, really now

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Hargrimm posted:

You'll probably want to check out Yurucamp for the winter season then. It's basically Yama no Susume but more restrained, more about just experiencing the outdoors.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Stop posting about Grouchio's posting, please and thanks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

no personality, really now
Listen animepoopshootdotcommer, sometimes you just got it, but sometimes, people just can't fake it. Ain't that some poo poo? The fact that Grouchio is trying to curb his less-than-stellar posting. You could use a little mojo yourself, to be frank.

:cheeky:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Stop posting about Grouchio's posting, please and thanks.
Every time I see your name, I stop trying to post and just wait until the lady you have as an AV blinks. I find it both hipnotizing and cute. :blush:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do we have an Ancient Magus Bride thread?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Wark Say posted:

Do we have an Ancient Magus Bride thread?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'll explain it later! ;)

Thanks! :)

• Locked thread