Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I guess I'll give it a go tomorrow. A gem upgrading spree has just given me 20% more damage I'm on ~200k dps which is probably a bit low but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Shaper sets are also cheap as hell this league so it's not a big deal if you lose one or two

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Chimera adds are motherfuckers.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mr. Despair posted:

The chimera adds are the real fight

I have never gone faster from coasting to completely loving dead than against those dogs. And the snakes :gonk:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i can kill his adds just fine, but chimeras smoke phase is murdering me in half a second. what am i missing?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Dalmuti posted:

i can kill his adds just fine, but chimeras smoke phase is murdering me in half a second. what am i missing?

get some sort of physical mitigation (evasion, armour, block, basalt/stibnite/jade flasks, endurance charges, etc)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

terrified of my bathroom posted:

get some sort of physical mitigation (evasion, armour, block, basalt/stibnite/jade flasks, endurance charges, etc)

Followed by prayer. Smoke phase sucks, there's no two ways about it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Anyone have an SRS guide they'd follow? I kinda generally know where to go but only sort of.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone have an SRS guide they'd follow? I kinda generally know where to go but only sort of.

Look up theuberlites guide, he's real good with all things minion related.

Also if you want my old srs gear (got a +2 6l, council gloves, and a solid bone helmet sitting around still) let me know

e. someone pointed out in the guild chat that the my staff was bad for srs because it had + fire damage to spells. I used that thing for like, a few weeks probably at the start of the league and never figured out why my srs was so poo poo for bosses until tonight :negative:

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 11, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

these are the gem =)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

this is the build I followed, pretty indepth though it was a bit confusing for someone relatively new to the game at the time https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931356

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Indecisive posted:

this is the build I followed, pretty indepth though it was a bit confusing for someone relatively new to the game at the time https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931356

yeah, this is what i was following at the start of the league. Running a covenant with a victario's charity/necro aegis seems like a fun option too

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 11, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dalmuti posted:

welcome to VP against chimera

move as fast as you can from cloud to cloud, hit instant life flasks to get there, accept a death or two just from running into the wrong one

btw I think accepting deaths to guardians and shaper is just a way of life, level 90 is all you need for cheevos and your build should be done by then too

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

yeah, this is what i was following at the start of the league. Running a covenant with a victario's charity/negro aegis seems like a fun option too
heck of an autocorrect there man

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bah, failed against Shaper, but got to third phase so maybe next time. :argh:

(If I'd just stayed at the death prompt for a week, would I have come back to find Zana had spectral thrown him to death?)

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 11, 2017

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
If you're face-tanking a boss in maps, is there a specific optimal sequence of flasks you should pop to get the most out of your DEFENSE?

Like for instance, when entering a boss fight should you pop 1. granite first 2. block flask 3. stibnite and so on?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dennis McClaren posted:

If you're face-tanking a boss in maps, is there a specific optimal sequence of flasks you should pop to get the most out of your DEFENSE?

Like for instance, when entering a boss fight should you pop 1. granite first 2. block flask 3. stibnite and so on?

12435 boss dead

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Make sure not to put a popsicle stick on the keys to press them all at once though. That's a bannable offense.

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh

interrodactyl posted:

Make sure not to put a popsicle stick on the keys to press them all at once though. That's a bannable offense.

Manadatory Pathfinder accessory.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dennis McClaren posted:

no there is no addition before multiplication or vice versa in PoE

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i made a script that autoclicks currency and verified it worked then immediately got spooked when i remembered popsicle sticks are banned

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Auto-clicking would be banned regardless...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i made a script that autoclicks currency and verified it worked then immediately got spooked when i remembered popsicle sticks are banned

Is this some ongoing joke or is this serious?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

In all honesty GGG has better things to do than check if you're running macros, but I understand they need to take a hardline stance because otherwise your support team spends 800 hours in "well this was a gray area" hell.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

interrodactyl posted:

In all honesty GGG has better things to do than check if you're running macros, but I understand they need to take a hardline stance because otherwise your support team spends 800 hours in "well this was a gray area" hell.

So no one actually gets banned for using a use all potions hot key unless they are doing it on a stream or something silly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pixaal posted:

So no one actually gets banned for using a use all potions hot key unless they are doing it on a stream or something silly.

essentially yeah.

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh
At this point they should really just allow you to bind multiple potions to 1 key. Playing a pathfinder without this is just begging for carpal tunnel.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yeah, that's what doing it, not clicking 5000000000000000 times an hour

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh
Piano'ing 1-5 every 4-5 seconds kills my left hand.

I can mouse with my right for 4-5 hours and not have any issues.

Maybe I'm a mutant.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mizar posted:

Piano'ing 1-5 every 4-5 seconds kills my left hand.

I can mouse with my right for 4-5 hours and not have any issues.

Maybe I'm a mutant.

if you move your mouse like an ergonomic good person (with your elbow) then youre fine

piano keying 1-5 takes much more joint movement

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I think the pro move is rebinding 4-5 to the thumb buttons on a mordern mouse

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

question for the advanced crafting peoples, does using 'remove crafted mods' remove ALL crafted mods, no matter what bench was used to add them? I would assume so, but dont want to waste multiple exalts testing it myself (im a poor) (making an srs staff)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I think the pro move is rebinding 4-5 to the thumb buttons on a mordern mouse

i have one of those numpad-under-the-thumb mice from logitech and flaskfinder is STILL an immense pain in the rear end

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i have seen streamers use autoclick macros for like spamming fuses and they dont get banned immediately like when ziz typed 12345 by accident

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's a terrible loving situation all around. No one at GGG actually thinks it's an egregious cheat to bind flask buttons to one button, but at the same time they have to take a hard stance on "you can never macro more than 1 server action to 1 button press" because if they don't then it opens up gray area for a lot of actual cheating. Then because they have to take the hard stance on something that should be a non-issue, when Ziz gets posted to Reddit typing in 12345 to his chat box, you get thousands of idiots on Reddit screaming that Ziz should be banned, and GGG decided to take an immediate action because there was so much outcry from the community.

Basically, don't make yourself a pariah. Like in the real world, there are plenty of things that are technically illegal to do but cops won't really care about you doing it, until thousands of people phone in to their police department about you doing it and they have to take action.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Indecisive posted:

question for the advanced crafting peoples, does using 'remove crafted mods' remove ALL crafted mods, no matter what bench was used to add them? I would assume so, but dont want to waste multiple exalts testing it myself (im a poor) (making an srs staff)

yes

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
drinking 5 potions at once should kill you.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i have seen streamers use autoclick macros for like spamming fuses and they dont get banned immediately like when ziz typed 12345 by accident

You don't need a macro to spam fuses... You just hold shift.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you still have to click every fuse like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

And? It's not that hard to click faster than the server will let you without a script.

I think unless you're watching some obscure poo poo tier streamers who are too small for anyone to notice then you probably aren't seeing people cheat on air.