Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wazzit posted:

I made this dumb video a while back using Youtube's built in editor because I didn't have access to any video editing tools at the time. Remembered about this when YT's editor was officially shut down yesterday and decided to publish it. ANYWAYS, here's this dumb thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSANDnH4jJc

apologies in advance for wasting your time.

Yes they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I get why people hate the wargames frontier defense, but I'm starting to think drydock is even worse. like 100 arc titans, lovely sightlines, literally one good place to put turrets, and you've gotta charge right through the titan parade circuit to get to the mortars. I've lost this map so many times on hard

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

super fart shooter posted:

I get why people hate the wargames frontier defense, but I'm starting to think drydock is even worse. like 100 arc titans, lovely sightlines, literally one good place to put turrets, and you've gotta charge right through the titan parade circuit to get to the mortars. I've lost this map so many times on hard

Yeah, that map is gonna be really hard without a Scorch. Even with one it can be tight. I enjoy it though.

I don't understand why they blocked certain routes off in Wargames, which is my main frustration with it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Drydock is awesome. You need a dedicated skirmisher to go get mortars, but defending on 2 fronts is way more novel than any of the other maps.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
I feel like a lot of the npcs do this really weird lap around the map too. I've left my Titan on the plane near the harvester and sat outside just spam repairing turrets, killing things as they walked past.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Somebody should go back to PVP cause the PC playerbase is dead :smith:

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 27, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Oct. 3rd for the next FNN update.

I sense we're entering the end-times for TF2 updates.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I'm surprised Destiny 2 actually hit this games playerbase that hard considering how awful the Destiny pvp was. Apparently its even worse in D2

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If any of you are into pen and paper, this is a neat Titanfall-with-serial-numbers-filed-off RPG:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/912412449499889664

There's a few unclear bits because it's a draft, but it's otherwise complete and seems pretty good at first glance.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Carmant posted:

I'm surprised Destiny 2 actually hit this games playerbase that hard considering how awful the Destiny pvp was. Apparently its even worse in D2

:ssh: most of us don't play pvp in Destiny

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

I feel like a lot of the npcs do this really weird lap around the map too. I've left my Titan on the plane near the harvester and sat outside just spam repairing turrets, killing things as they walked past.

The wave is called eye of the storm. So they circle for a while before collapsing in i believe. That wave is hard if you try to engage the patrol zone instead of picking off the ones that detach to come in

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Snuffman posted:

Oct. 3rd for the next FNN update.

I sense we're entering the end-times for TF2 updates.

Yeah, I imagine they'll do an anniversary drop, but wouldn't expect much beyond that.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

:ssh: most of us don't play pvp in Destiny

Precisely.

Raid is fun. PvP is far worse than TF2

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played a bit of pvp in destiny 1 and was even worse than Halo. PvE was fun.

As much as I like BF4 and now BF1, TF2 has the best mp. Shame that Destiny 2 hit it so hard (I'll eventually get it too for PvE).

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Phase Shift + Ordnance Expert + frags causes more rage than anything I've done in this game

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I gotta start playing this again instead of beating my head on D2s awful PVP

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

between reading this thread, the PS4 thread, and Destiny thread...

I cannot figure out why y'all succumb yourself to Destiny 2 pvp, then complain incessantly about it. Gotta get those engrams and banners, I guess.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Goddamn I love this game.

https://giant.gfycat.com/VillainousFreeLeafhopper.mp4

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

When this game is good it's all right, but when it's (mostly) wasting a huge arsenal of cool but mediocre futureguns against the same 4 players with Alternators and CARs in match after dead-matchmaking-pool match, it feels like Titanfall: Ascend

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah that's pretty much it for Content releases.

New FRONTIER NEWS NETWORK

quote:

For this FNN, we are sharing a bit of what we池e planning for Titanfall 2 support for the rest of the year. We will be releasing patches in October, November, December and they will be focused on quality of life, bug fixes [like that pesky Tone Particle Wall bug], and balance changes.

We will also be releasing new weapon skins through the end of the year for purchase. Our desire is to have an Elite skin for most of the primary weapons. The art team has come up with some awesome stuff including Holiday themed skins.

The Featured Mode spot has been a great way for us to experiment and also add some fun wrinkles to existing modes. We値l continue to rotate Featured Modes and have some stuff we want to try this year that we値l be talking about later this month.

Lastly, it was awesome to get some community-made callsigns into Titanfall 2 last month like Nicole Peh痴 outstanding Titan Restaurant Series. We壇 love to add more so in the near future we値l be giving you folks the opportunity to submit your art and we値l be choosing our favorites to add to the game. Keep an eye on our Reddit and Forums for updates.

Later this month, we値l be revealing more details on what to expect in the patches and talking more about some of the things we want to try to shake up the meta of Titanfall 2.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So this means no more FD maps?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Awww, I was hoping for one or two more maps or at least the rest of the maps being added to Frontier Defense.

RIP Titanfall 2. :smith:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
TitanFall 2 is that summer camp fling that was fun while it lasted. There are some good memories but eventually time goes on and other games come out.

I'm still going to play the single player from time to time and FD when the mood strikes, but the PC crowd is dwindling :(. Wish I had an Xbox or PS4 to get in on the console action but that's too far gone now.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
drat, I really wanted Nexus, Corporate, Outpost 207, and Training Ground.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yup, it couldn't last forever. I had fun with titanfall even if I haven't played with you guys in months. I still have a few match recordings that I'll treasure as memories of how awesome we were.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm playing FD regularly

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It's a shame that D2 pulled a lot of the multiplayer crowd. Having a good destiny round has nothing on that "AHAHAHA, gently caress YES!" feeling nailing people well you wallrun does, and even in a bad titanfall round, you can go shoot grunts to contribute some.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

TF2 is probably my favourite mp shooter of all time. Had a better time than when I first got into the first modern warfare. D2 is so bad in comparison that it'd be funny if it didn't suck.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have to regenerate 8 times to get the solid pink scorch camo? poo poo

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

"The light that burns twice bright, burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly Roy Titanfall 2."

Rest in the peace the greatest shooter there ever was.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Digirat posted:

I have to regenerate 8 times to get the solid pink scorch camo? poo poo

No, you have to regenerate Scorch eight times. Worth every second, and very easy in FD.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
The D2 people will be back in a couple weeks. I had an ungodly number of hours in D1, but D2 is already almost at the "do the nightfalls and a raid on Tuesday and put it away for the week" point for me. The PvP, which was "meh" in D1 is worse, and Titanfall 2 has spoiled me rotten on how good PvP can be. I hope Titanfall 3 is the "breakthrough" game that makes it as popular as it deserves to be.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

After ignoring TF1, played the poo poo out of TF2 (late but better than never), I'll try to get TF3 on release. I just hope they don't release it in between big hits so it can get more people and this time a bigger playerbase.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

EA suits three years from now:

:thunk: we need to find a good time to release our future shooter for maximum buzz while keeping the pressure on activision...but just when in the year could we do that without smothering it behind more well known releases in the same category for the third time...oh! That three week window between Call of Duty Futureshoot 8 and Battlefield 2143 is perfect!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

EA wouldn't make the same mistake twice... right? right? Hell, count me as someone that would have issues with Battlefield 2143 on sight.

Right now I stopped playing almost everything (cept Yakuza 0) because I'm digging BF1 but I still launch TF2 for a couple of rounds every week.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

EA wouldn't make the same mistake twice... right? right? Hell, count me as someone that would have issues with Battlefield 2143 on sight.

Right now I stopped playing almost everything (cept Yakuza 0) because I'm digging BF1 but I still launch TF2 for a couple of rounds every week.

Except I don't think EA saw it as a mistake.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Guillermus posted:

Their games are still trapped on Origin, which should be a pretty clear sign that they'll never stop making the same mistakes ever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Origin means they aren't paying valve 30% of every PC sale, that doesn't sound like a mistake to me.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Digirat posted:

Origin means they aren't paying valve 30% of every PC sale, that doesn't sound like a mistake to me.

Haha, okay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah the idea that EA made a mistake with Origin is laughable. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they hosed up.