Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dreddout posted:

If Japan kept up with it's Siberian aggression, it's quite likely Japan would have become a Soviet Puppet state, rather than an American puppet.

Hell, if the Nukes hadn't been dropped, and a land war commenced. it's quite likely Japan would have been partitioned German style, between the Allies.

Would we have had communist anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/917921771189350400

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Article here by the SPLC on a rally in New Orleans co-organized by Kyle "Based Stickman" Chapman where nothing happened.

quote:

According to the event’s Facebook page, the rally was created in an effort to counter “radical alt-left groups who are out to destroy American Values, Constitutional Freedom, and Our American history and Southern Culture.” Namely, rally participants were concerned about the New Orleans antifa chapter they believe has grown exponentially, in regard to both membership and violence. In an effort to defend their freedoms from liberal attacks, Black Rebel and Based Stickman called upon “American Patriots” to unite in New Orleans.

By noon there were only a few rally participants on the green, with several Confederate, Gadsden, Thin Blue Line, and American flags. Around the corner a half block away, about 15 other rally participants — clad in neon “Hiwaymen” t-shirts, bulletproof vests and helmets — gathered. At about 12:15 p.m. these self-described “Patriots” marched in an unorganized mass to join the others at the statue 100 yards away. While organizers had promised five speakers, no such focal point ever coalesced. Rally participants seemed to mill around the park, shaking hands and waiting for any number of things to happen: Antifa to come, the speakers to begin or the impending hurricane to arrive. The crowd size increased a bit with the addition of a handful of men in fatigues — one with a Kekistani flag — however attendance never surpassed 40.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/10/10/anti-marxist-rally-washout
These are "bait" events designed to provoke opposition so they can get into fights. They want set-piece confrontations where they can shape the narrative; so wisely the local left didn't give them one.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The dude a bunch of nazis beat up, in Charlottesville, is being charged because it was actually him who hurt his assailants

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bc99_story.html

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

The dude a bunch of nazis beat up, in Charlottesville, is being charged because it was actually him who hurt his assailants

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bc99_story.html

Impeach the magistrate

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Article here by the SPLC on a rally in New Orleans co-organized by Kyle "Based Stickman" Chapman where nothing happened.

These are "bait" events designed to provoke opposition so they can get into fights. They want set-piece confrontations where they can shape the narrative; so wisely the local left didn't give them one.

If stickman was anywhere near a fight they'd revoke his bail and lock him up, right? Did he just make a facebook page.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Impeach the magistrate
He will be governor within a decade.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

pillsburysoldier posted:

I guess it should be here too.

lmfao

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

I live in New Orleans and didn't even know this happened. The spot where they protest is on my way home, too. Wonder if they spent any money while they were here.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Based Stickman got stuck at the airport too for awhile because he's on some kind of watchlist.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Don't indulge this man's humiliation fetish. He needs help.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm/status/918113933759778816
This sounds like something Atomwaffen (whose Twitter stuff was just taken down) and the various James Mason enthusiasts would do.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

Don't indulge this man's humiliation fetish. He needs help.
Help hanging himself.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
[quote="“Casimir Radon”" post="“477275363”"]
Help hanging himself.
[/quote]

if you see a nazi whose hanging themselves you let them struggle on the rope. you don't pull their legs down

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baked Alaska would try hanging himself with licorice rope.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

why is he named after a dessert

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Bip Roberts posted:

if you see a nazi whose hanging themselves you let them struggle on the rope. you don't pull their legs down

:hai:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Cheen posted:

I live in New Orleans and didn't even know this happened. The spot where they protest is on my way home, too. Wonder if they spent any money while they were here.

I'm in NO too and not terribly far from Jeff Davis. I heard about it via NO Antifa, who encouraged people not to show up due to the weather.

This kinda poo poo just ain't gonna take root here. As the other poster alluded to, these demonstrations serve to provoke. NO is a highly diverse city & fairly liberal. If these idiots wanted a sympathetic ear, they'd head to the Northshore.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

isn't Stickassholeguy out on parole for assault?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

why is he named after a dessert

He's a stoner from Alaska

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Kurtofan posted:

we already do

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/meritlaw/status/917847166273671169

:trumppop:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Kurtofan posted:

This implies there is non communist anime

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
[quote="“C2C - 2.0”" post="“477279049”"]
https://twitter.com/meritlaw/status/917847166273671169

:trumppop:
[/quote]

fire the judge that issued that warrant

into the sun

augias
Apr 7, 2009

the proto chud who wrote "the bell curve" was invited by our college republicans to speak today in the same building where i work. university staff and my office have been sharing resources and articles explaining why actual social scientists know he's a gently caress and its all so futile.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

There is no land beyond the SomethingAwful forums

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The College Republicans at my alma mater are dumb but didn't make that much noise. One of them writes letters to the editor once in a while, which of are full of stupid ideas. They did boot out their vice president over the summer after he posted some stuff on their Facebook a that originated with a European far right party.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

...One of them writes letters to the editor once in a while, which of are full of stupid ideas...

pff typical undergrads, left or right

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

augias posted:

pff typical undergrads, left or right
It's mostly amusing for her constant references to being female and Asian. Come from a more diverse background? Don't worry, you too can partake in the stupidity of the Hitler Youth!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Back in my freshman year the College Republicans stole every issue of the student paper to protest an artistic photo of two women in bed or something. They also circulated political cartoons of muslims depicting them as gorillas and talking about how oppressed white people are. This was in 2006.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/cernovich/status/918158844592664576

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Eminem’th profile pic utheth Thatanic thymbolithm - the hornth of Baphomet.

All public, but thpirit cooking ith a conthpirathy theory?

Look!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Click that tweet for a thead of an outrageously white dude trying to freestyle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

weird mike is obsessed with parents and children and dicks

:thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Uranium 235 posted:

Eminem’th profile pic utheth Thatanic thymbolithm - the hornth of Baphomet.

All public, but thpirit cooking ith a conthpirathy theory?

Look!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

eminem is all about that baphomet, as was st. reagan

and of course everyone's favorite president

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pillsburysoldier posted:

I guess it should be here too.

youre so drat pathetic, jfc mark

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Today in the "Internet Culture Warriors" GBS thread, I posted about how loving gay lions are (they're extremely gay irl), and went on to state that it's a hilarious and unfortunate animal "mascot" for CHUDs to cotton on to for web presence purposes.

Mere loving hours later, I am blessed with the results of my chaotic butterfly wing-flaps!

Unnecessary and "unprompted" defensiveness about the gayness of the animal kingdom, fresh off what I guess are the CHUD meme presses:

(The wiki article about homosexuality in animals, #subheading Lions, is mostly a video of three male lions running a train on each other.)

I'm sure this is just my perception, and this meme has been circulating forever or something, but lol if shitposts in GBS drive idiots to meme

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The German Nazis were really the worst-case scenario (kinda making a no-poo poo statement but hear me out) because they were extremely murderous -- even to each other -- while also being not *so* murderous that it derailed their attempts at taking power.

The Nazis were not the most murderous of fascist movements of the era, at least murderous in an unrestrained sense. The most psychotic of them all was the Legion of the Archangel Michael in Romania, better known as the Iron Guard (the name specifically refers to the paramilitary wing of the party).

Blood-drinking rituals:

If that wasn't hosed up enough, the Legion combined racial nationalism -- and the belief that shedding blood was necessary to save the nation -- with an offshoot of Orthodox Christianity which held that taking life was a sin. So the Legion taught that killing other people and going to hell because of it was a necessary sacrifice for the greater cause.

Matthew Heimbach of the Traditionalist Workers Party today still rocks a Legion shirt.

I'm admittedly impressed that these guys knew they were evil and deserving of eternal torment on death - it's something that I've wondered about mustache-twirling Dark Enlightenment-types but they seem content at posturing at villainy instead of outright embracing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRBwM8-u9pM