Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

CharlestheHammer posted:

How is changing it to functionally the same thing a gently caress you to both sides

Both sides are pretty unhappy.

It's a classic "if you try to please everyone you won't please anyone, except a few idiot contrarians"

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

The Iowa State Cyclones defeated the Oklahoma Sooners in a game of college football this past Saturday.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Sash! posted:

I can't read those names as anything other than Normandy and Guantanamo.

Thank God I am not alone

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

While Florida has some of the most hideous uniforms in existence, UCF just killed it with their "Liftoff" alts:

http://ucfknights.co/17ucfinspace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKl7ToDi20

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

:laffo:

As much as these last couple of seasons have sucked at least I can now sit back and enjoy the coming circus fire.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

gently caress I had forgotten they're doing playoff rankings this early
Wait was the show labeled "College Football Playoff Rankings" on ESPNU a while ago that I watched like 40 minutes of before taking a nap not an actual rankings show? Did they actually fill a whole hour with just "NOW WHO GON WIN BOOGER?" I don't see any rankings released.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chump Farts posted:

Actually, it was really good and cool.

It can be both. I mean, the biggest play of the game was a quarterback fumbling a snap, picking it up and falling over an offensive lineman for a first down.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Wait was the show labeled "College Football Playoff Rankings" on ESPNU a while ago that I watched like 40 minutes of before taking a nap not an actual rankings show? Did they actually fill a whole hour with just "NOW WHO GON WIN BOOGER?" I don't see any rankings released.

Yes and yes. No actual CFP rankings until Halloween.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So honest question but why do some of you hate Urbz? Is it because he's a rival head coach and beat(s) you often or did you not like his reason for leaving UF or what?

I mean, if I'm a UF fan I'm hating him forever but that didn't directly affect me so I don't really dislike the guy, especially not when this sport is figuratively awash in a sea of coaches who are lovely human beings.

Asking just because of recent pages and also having a talk with my dad and one of his friends. They intensely dislike him, I'm totally neutral and if he was my HC I would loving love him because all he does is recruit like a maniac and win a whole bunch.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

While Florida has some of the most hideous uniforms in existence, UCF just killed it with their "Liftoff" alts:

http://ucfknights.co/17ucfinspace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKl7ToDi20

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck those are so good

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Crotch Bat posted:

So honest question but why do some of you hate Urbz? Is it because he's a rival head coach and beat(s) you often or did you not like his reason for leaving UF or what?

I mean, if I'm a UF fan I'm hating him forever but that didn't directly affect me so I don't really dislike the guy, especially not when this sport is figuratively awash in a sea of coaches who are lovely human beings.

Asking just because of recent pages and also having a talk with my dad and one of his friends. They intensely dislike him, I'm totally neutral and if he was my HC I would loving love him because all he does is recruit like a maniac and win a whole bunch.

I don't hate the guy. He brought two national titles and a Heisman Trophy/Tebowmania to UF.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't get why you'd think Florida fans do or should hate Urbz. I don't know of any that do

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I haven't personally met a Utah fan that hates him either. We all knew he was going to leave at his first real opportunity and he got us a sweet bowl win and increased visibility before he moved up and on. Win-win

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah I don't get why you'd think Florida fans do or should hate Urbz. I don't know of any that do

That one was more of just me saying "well if you're a UF fan it's understandable at least" rather than actually suggesting they all hate him.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The "God told me I was supposed to coach you" poo poo he pulled with a kid was slightly gross and I guess some of the (very different kinds of) hate for Tebow and Aaron Hernandez rubbed off on him a little but he doesn't make my top villains list or anything. Just a minor sleazeball like everyone else in the business.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Yes and yes. No actual CFP rankings until Halloween.
That's what I thought but the title of the show or whatever totally made it seem like this was the real official rankings and it was just the usual assortment of dudes standing in front of those fake touchscreens ranking their top four. I know that do that poo poo all the time but it was weird for prime time at least.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jastiger posted:

Joel Lanning 4 Heisman

He is much better at linebacker than he has any right to be but man that dude is getting so hilariously overrated this week.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean, there are ingrates at LSU that hate their best ever coach

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't hate him. I miss him as a coach.

If I'm bitter about anything it's that he made a big deal about quitting to spend time with his family and made a big enough deal that UF forgave his buyout, just for him to take a position at a similarly intense job a year later. Sleazy fuckin move.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

D.N. Nation posted:

This was always going to be a transitional year for Michigan; the early high rankings were a little silly. Year 1, Harbaugh wins 10 games with Brady Hoke's team. Year 2, are legitimately screwed in Columbus out of a division title, win 10 and go to a NY6 bowl. They'll be fine, though that was a really really stupid loss Saturday.

Are you talking about the 4th down call in OT? I didn't see the game and don't know much about it but I work with Brian Bolinger and he feels like he got the spot exactly right.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Spot Was Good

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

[quote="“Raku”" post="“477265897”"]
[/quote]

Yeah, that rear end in a top hat that's gonna be on the stadium to be honored.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Pretty neat that they're already naming the stadium after Coach Orgeron

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

So honest question but why do some of you hate Urbz?

Hate by association to Ohio state.

This is well, and good, and completely normal.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

The Iowa State Cyclones defeated the Oklahoma Sooners in a game of college football this past Saturday.

Welcome to Wednesday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

MourningView posted:

The Spot Was Good

He has a giant framed poster of it hanging on his office wall. Pictures from several angles and a blow up of the end of the play.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I don't like because of all the poo poo that came out in Tebow longform article in SI.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The Yahoo pickem doesn't have anything to pick?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

Says "picks will be available soon" on my screen, that does seem late though.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Welcome to Wednesday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week.

God bless us, everyone

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

kayakyakr posted:

There are no lines this week because the oddsmakers had an existential meltdown after Iowa State beat Oklahoma. How can you assign odds to anything in a world where Trump is President and Iowa State beat OU in Norman?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"Actually that loss doesn't count"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Maybe they can get Shane Morris to transfer back and then he'll have his 5 star Can't Miss Prospect that he apparently needs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Maybe they can get Shane Morris to transfer back and then he'll have his 5 star Can't Miss Prospect that he apparently needs

If only he had Andrew Luck, the insane talent freak once-in-a-lifetime QB again, then Michigan would be unstoppable

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Your red title is :kiss:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Aaron Rodgers should call his poor mom and also fall in a woodchipper

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MourningView posted:

Aaron Rodgers should call his poor mom and also fall in a woodchipper

I don't think Rodgers has much to do with Cal's struggles this year, honestly

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

There was a safety in D3 this week with 5 INTs. :staredog:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Crotch Bat posted:

Should have ran the dang bawl, imho

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

I don't like because of all the poo poo that came out in Tebow longform article in SI.

Do you mind elaborating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

DIII football owns

• Locked thread