Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Bleck posted:

Anyone have any tips or guides on how to control minion waves? I often get advice that has to do with freezing or pulling waves, but I'm not sure how to do it effectively.
This video is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQWcHIl5oc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Servaetes posted:

Good to see you again, dude. What brought you back to Riot? Or are you not working for them anymore? As far as I had known you bowed out a year or so ago but came back.

I left Riot to go be the design director on Dauntless. After working on it for two years I decided to come back to the US, and Riot had just opened an office in the Bay. I didn't want to go back to LA, but the Bay seemed nice, so I took a lead designer position at the studio.

Luna Was Here posted:

What the gently caress is stonehearth

The second game that Riot owns that you can spend money on. http://store.steampowered.com/app/253250/Stonehearth/

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
stone hearth looks like insane rear end

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

stone hearth looks like insane rear end

And with that I'll take my leave of the thread.

But yes, I'm still around, and I'm glad you guys remember me. I hope you're doing well!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I got a really good zing on you make sure and read it before you go. Have a good one mate.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Brackhar posted:

The second game that Riot owns that you can spend money on. http://store.steampowered.com/app/253250/Stonehearth/

Wait, Riot made a second game? I have literally heard 0 word about this. Whjat the heckl?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Oh wow, it really is just minecraft. Here's a game dev tip, add waifu/husbando mechanics if you want to make the $$$$. Love you, boo.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I'm just waiting for whatever they do with that fighting game developer they picked up. I kind of liked the robot fighting game they were doing before acquisition.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

I'm just waiting for whatever they do with that fighting game developer they picked up. I kind of liked the robot fighting game they were doing before acquisition.

Luna Was Here posted:

Wait, Riot made a second game? I have literally heard 0 word about this. Whjat the heckl?
Stonehearth was/is also being developed by Radiant Entertainment, the developers that were making Rising Thunder (that robot fighting game). Riot now owns Radient Entertainment, so it's technically now a "Riot game".

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brackhar posted:

But yes, I'm still around, and I'm glad you guys remember me. I hope you're doing well!

Brackhar I want you to know I genuinely enjoyed Dominion and I even got the surprise icon. :v:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-oce/RHaLh1FE-suspension-without-cause?comment=0006

Scroll down to the chat logs in the comments for some REAL good schadenfreude

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Brackhar posted:

You could stick around for a little to answer questions if you want. You know there's always gonna be some jackass that trips over themself to poo poo on someone else, don't run off right away

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

I will never get tired of these kinds of posts. Shame it's OCE only for now?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Apparently I dodge a ranked bullet last night

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Riot took the concept that company was developing ("simplified" 2D fighter with less of a mechanical skill floor) and put their own polish on it. I think there's a ripe market for a fighting game that doesn't require as much raw mechanical execution as, say, Xrd.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 11, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vonnie posted:

I will never get tired of these kinds of posts. Shame it's OCE only for now?
For a while Riot was told not to post the logs in public because it could be considered a form of harassment :v:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

For a while Riot was told not to post the logs in public because it could be considered a form of harassment :v:

That's why the Riot dude asked first and this dope was like "please own me"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

That's why the Riot dude asked first and this dope was like "please own me"
There were lots of threads on Reddit during the "Lyte Smite" era about people throwing tantrums they were being called out for being shitheads on the internet.

Ironically Lyte himself was eventually exposed as being King Shithead

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

There were lots of threads on Reddit during the "Lyte Smite" era about people throwing tantrums they were being called out for being shitheads on the internet.

Ironically Lyte himself was eventually exposed as being King Shithead

Lyte didn't ask though iirc, he just went "hey I see you posting about your ban, here's chat logs." I think legal probably said like "okay new rule, offer to send them privately and only post them publicly if they give you permission to"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Lyte didn't ask though iirc, he just went "hey I see you posting about your ban, here's chat logs."
Yah that's why after he left the rules changed. I still think it's funny that he would dunk on kids for telling strangers to kill himself but he was telling his irl girlfriend to do the same and meant it

e: That girl is now dating someone at Rooster Teeth :psyduck:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 11, 2017

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Yah that's why after he left the rules changed. I still think it's funny that he would dunk on kids for telling strangers to kill himself but he was telling his irl girlfriend to do the same and meant it

This is the first I'm hearing of this and to be honest I'm not even slightly surprised.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What is the closest approximation of Riot Lyte as a movie character

Like, the Penguin from Batman Returns? and his girlfriend was Batman and Christopher Walken was Marc Merrill or something

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
As in, he's a sick piece of poo poo but everyone loves him until he's exposed over the airwaves by Batman and then Christopher Walken (Marc Merrill) is electrocuted (owned) by Catwoman (reddit) and becomes a shriveled husk of his former self

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

As in, he's a sick piece of poo poo but everyone loves him until he's exposed over the airwaves by Batman and then Christopher Walken (Marc Merrill) is electrocuted (owned) by Catwoman (reddit) and becomes a shriveled husk of his former self

No one will ever own Marc Merril harder than that guy who revealed that he was elo boosting in his own fuckin game.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The riot crew are all scum sucking fart boys. Wish this wasn't true but there's no point denying it.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Servaetes posted:

You know there's always gonna be some jackass that trips over themself to poo poo on someone else

Sums up everything.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

lmao wtf is wrong with people

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this is why they need to bring back the loving tribunal i just want to read peoples chat logs

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

this is why they need to bring back the loving tribunal i just want to read peoples chat logs

Seriously

They don't even need to bring back voting on punishments, just toss out anonymous chat logs saying "this poo poo got people banned"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Whoever made up all the fake ones to put in youtubes back in the day should just make up new fake ones.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexpansion posted:

lmao wtf is wrong with people

The Internet makes you stupid

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i loved to get the ones in tribunal where they were like 'go ahead report me pussy ill never get banned'

i clicked don't punish on everyone else tho. free my toxic boys

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Vermain posted:

and put their own polish on it.

:thunk:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Anyone know if kleptomancy (the season 8 rune) is as broken as it looks on paper on some champs? Ryze, GP and vlad particularly could probably farm up like 500 gold a minute just by spamming their skills out repeatedly.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's only like 8% chance on hitting a champion that you get something and usually it's like 5g, it's pretty rare to get an actual item.

Keep in mind it only works on hitting champions.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

my tribunal.txt twitter account has been inactive for too long because of Riot!!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Not sure what I think of the emote system, but we need to enforce it that the Vayne emote is exclusively for Vaynespotting

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

just an idea for a character i had. there should be a really rich guy who uses an umbrella, and can dodge skillshots by jumping and using his umbrella similar to fizz, and with his ult he drops a giant swimming pool of gold that he can move around in really well but everyone else is super slow, and he does increased damage in the gold. perhaps this character could be some sort of water bird to incorporate the flying and swimming too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

pog boyfriend posted:

just an idea for a character i had. there should be a really rich guy who uses an umbrella, and can dodge skillshots by jumping and using his umbrella similar to fizz, and with his ult he drops a giant swimming pool of gold that he can move around in really well but everyone else is super slow, and he does increased damage in the gold. perhaps this character could be some sort of water bird to incorporate the flying and swimming too

Only if he has a passive that lets him throw three smaller and color coordinated water birds at people ala Bard.

• Locked thread