Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Google Butt posted:

Much harsher language than he used for Charlottesville

Why do people expect Trump to use harsh language against his most loyal supporters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/918249599613177856

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

lol if you're entire blood family hasn't blocked you on social media already.

Hell, even my Nieces did.

My cousin's husband posted a Milo Yiannopoulos video where he was talking about black on black crime, I said 'dude you realize this is white supremacist propaganda right? that guy is literally an actual nazi' and he said 'the facts are the facts man' and I said ok bye and defriended him.

He was a patriots fan anyway, gently caress 'em

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Nothing. What are you gonna do, impeach him?

Loooooooooooooooool

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

We're kinda in stealth dictatorship mode if Trump isn't enforcing the Russia sanctions. He backed down during the travel ban fiasco but I think he'd have no qualms about effectively nullifying the entire Judicial branch by enforcing/not enforcing a select ruling.

And I think the security forces and congressional republicans would go along with him so I really hope he doesn't.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Donny still whining about the media:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918267396493922304

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Enough about fox, piss man.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

the black husserl posted:

We're kinda in stealth dictatorship mode if Trump isn't enforcing the Russia sanctions. He backed down during the travel ban fiasco but I think he'd have no qualms about effectively nullifying the entire Judicial branch by enforcing/not enforcing a select ruling.

And I think the security forces and congressional republicans would go along with him so I really hope he doesn't.

Trump also must stop the sanctions or otherwise give some massive kickbacks to Russia or he's hosed. He needs to keep them happy or clear evidence of his crimes will be leaked.

:pisstape:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

it's an extremely empty threat but im sure trump thinks he is being intimidating

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

the black husserl posted:

After the debacle with Corker I'm not sure Trump has the political clout w/ Congressional Rs to get away with this, especially if he didn't feel like he could after the travel ban. I don't think Republicans would let him get away with not enforcing a veto-proof bill.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

There's no chance Paul piss rear end Ryan and Mitch the turtle McConnell are gonna impeach Trump.

At least not this year.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

it's an extremely empty threat but im sure trump thinks he is being intimidating

God, I hope NBC reports on this tomorrow morning and calls him out on his bullshit all while he is watching.

It would piss him off sooo much

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Josh Lyman posted:

Nothing. What are you gonna do, impeach him?

Loooooooooooooooool

He'll just ask for and be granted an extension on implementation. Congress is cowardly.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/ByCommonConsent/status/918271274048143360

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Well this is terrifying

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

BlueberryCanary posted:

God, I hope NBC reports on this tomorrow morning and calls him out on his bullshit all while he is watching.

It would piss him off sooo much

the best thing for nbc would be to keep publishing embarrassing scoops

mango sentinel posted:

Well this is terrifying

trump lacks the capacity to revoke any television licenses. the fcc is an independent agency and it is not beholden to the whims of the president.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 12, 2017

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mango sentinel posted:

Well this is terrifying

It's utterly toothless, and only makes him look crazier and stupider. It does nothing but weaken him. He's making a threat that he won't and can't follow through on, and is likely to get a whole boatload of poo poo for from the very people he's threatening. The only way it can be bad is if these networks actually gave in and started fawning over him like fox news and that's definitely not going to happen.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

QuoProQuid posted:

trump lacks the capacity to revoke any television licenses. the fcc is an independent agency and it is not beholden to the whims of the president.

Also, again, networks don't get licenses, only the local affiliates need to get licenses

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, again, networks don't get licenses, only the local affiliates need to get licenses

yeah, but that's an easy quibble that other people have addressed already

E: misinterpreted that post!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

empty whippet box posted:

My cousin's husband posted a Milo Yiannopoulos video where he was talking about black on black crime, I said 'dude you realize this is white supremacist propaganda right? that guy is literally an actual nazi' and he said 'the facts are the facts man' and I said ok bye and defriended him.

He was a patriots fan anyway, gently caress 'em

Man, sorry that so many of you have family who are so bad politically. I like going home and arguing with my family over who has the more heinous governor and miss my great-grandma's newspaper clippings of Michelle taped all over her apartment.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think he must be amped up from the rally and is feeling empowered. This hannity interview is probably going to have some hum-dinger quotes in it. I have no reason to think he won't find a way to make the friendliest interview in the history of interviews into a vicious self-own.

Gyges posted:

Man, sorry that so many of you have family who are so bad politically. I like going home and arguing with my family over who has the more heinous governor and miss my great-grandma's newspaper clippings of Michelle taped all over her apartment.

I'm actually lucky, only extended family like my sister's husband's dad and my cousin's husband are dumb like this. My parents and siblings are insanely liberal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I have one crazy part of my family, and a lot of my family had been shifting further and further in that direction, but Trump scared off most of them and all except the original crazies have come around and realized you can't keep justifying voting for evil assholes because your insanely crazy rabbi (he is legitimately the only fire and brimstone rabbi I have ever met) says they're better for Israel.

There is a reason politics are strictly a forbidden discussion at thanksgiving, there were nearly fist fights during the Bush administration

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

aware of dog posted:

They cannot comprehend the idea it structural or institutional racism, and so when people call out racial bias in policing (or anything, really), they think it's just made up.

They know exactly what it is and they like it there. The reason so many play stupid is because they have no intention of discussing it in good faith, because that would make it more likely to be torn down by whatever marginal amount.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

Well this is terrifying

He is himself a television addict and loves the networks he hates.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

mango sentinel posted:

Well this is terrifying

Don't lose sleep over this. This isn't gonna happen

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

aware of dog posted:

Conservatives literally believe that there would be no racism if we just didn't talk about race at all. They cannot comprehend the idea it structural or institutional racism, and so when people call out racial bias in policing (or anything, really), they think it's just made up.

Just the other night a dude I was flying with said "you know, racism wouldn't be a problem if people just stopped talking about it."

It's real. It's loving real.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

business hammocks posted:

He is himself a television addict and loves the networks he hates.
Trump is the same as he was thirty years ago. Just do a find and replace for Manhattan socialites to CNN.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Isn't the current head of the FCC a Trump goon who's trying to spike net neutrality under Trump's order? :confused:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Deuce posted:

"you know, racism wouldn't be a problem for me if people just stopped talking about it."

They know structural racism exists, but they can easily forget about it because then they feel less bad

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918275261011038210

No destructive force on earth is more powerful than the strength and resilience of the American People. -President Donald J. Trump

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FBS posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918275261011038210

No destructive force on earth is more powerful than the strength and resilience of the American People. -President Donald J. Trump

I assume by 'light of our people' he means 'tiki torches'

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Zoro posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...bc99_story.html

How little do black lives matter in America? Even when you're beaten up on camera by white supremacist, you're the criminal!

The black guy who got beat up at Charlottesville is facing felony charges.

He is a criminal. He assaulted someone.

Angry_Ed posted:

Also people keep claiming there's a video of him throwing the first punch or whatever by attacking someone with a mag-lite. Frankly, even if he did throw the first punch, the idea that the Nazis were somehow acting in self-defense goes out the window when they pursued, surrounded, and beat him.

Aren't the Nazi's getting charged too?

The video looks pretty clear to me. His friend grabs the Nazi's flag and then he does some pretty good damage with whatever he's holding. He then gets the poo poo beaten out of him. He definitely deserves to catch a charge for his role.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bashez posted:

He is a criminal. He assaulted someone.

Aren't the Nazi's getting charged too?

The video looks pretty clear to me. His friend grabs the Nazi's flag and then he does some pretty good damage with whatever he's holding. He then gets the poo poo beaten out of him. He definitely deserves to catch a charge for his role.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There's one authority Ajit Pai respects above the President and it's the parent companies that control both the media and the means of distribution for it. They're the ones who've kept him in the lifestyle to which he's become accustomed, and they're who'll keep him comfortable well after he's been fired.

Comcast literally has infinitely more power over the FCC at the moment, way more than Orange Julius does.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Comcast literally has infinitely more power over the FCC at the moment, way more than Orange Julius does.

Big Media will back down and do Trump's bidding if their money is threatened. Comcast (and Disney) are not going to die on the hill of first amendment rights.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

This Hannity interview is wild. He's just interviewing him on a stage in the middle of a rally.

edit:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FBS posted:

as a great poet once said, "We're one nation under God / we stand above the rest"

yes those are Bad Religion lyrics

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Timeless Appeal posted:

Trump is the same as he was thirty years ago. Just do a find and replace for Manhattan socialites to CNN.

Nah he still cares about NYC's Old Money types, even more so because he's the prez and they still don't respect him.

e: LOL at the single black guy(and maybe the old Asian couple).

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Deuce posted:

Just the other night a dude I was flying with said "you know, racism wouldn't be a problem if people just stopped talking about it."

It's real. It's loving real.

Just like how life is great until your doctor goes and opens their big mouth and starts talking about cancer.

• Locked thread