Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Stuntman posted:

Holy poo poo you are totally right. The best part is that this is the poster:

No loving mention of or art from manbaby show. Right now, there are people unironically hanging up a McDonalds poster because the cartoon man told them to.

Oh my god it wasn't even an official tie-in?!
That's nuts. I saw some pictures of the sauce packets and thought the drawing of (what I assumed to be) Morty didn't look right. loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
The whole thing was a hilarious self-own on part of McDonald's. You'd think a huge international chain that prides itself on serving the same fatty crap at any and all hours of the day anywhere in the world would know better than to massively undersupply a promotional event.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
McDonald's had an in with the elusive millennials and hosed it up

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

KakerMix posted:

McDonald's had an in with the elusive millennials and hosed it up

This is definitely the market you want to appeal to:

https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/917470392842846208

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GrandpaPants posted:

McDonald's will appeal to whoever meets two requirements:

1. Has money
2. Is alive

They don't have a choice

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The honey mustard dip is probably better.

Or come to Malaysia, where the normal everyday McD chilli sauce is already the right combination of sweet, sour, and pretty spicy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

KakerMix posted:

McDonald's will appeal to whoever meets two requirements:

1. Has money
2. Is alive

They don't have a choice

You really think they'd leave the dead dollar on the table?

canis minor
May 4, 2011

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Which is acceptable then, jizz or pee? Asking for a friend

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What does world mental health day have to do with not using bottled water regardless of the sexy underwear man confusing things even more

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Aesop Poprock posted:

What does world mental health day have to do with not using bottled water regardless of the sexy underwear man confusing things even more

The idea of "bottling up" your emotions instead of finding a way to healthily share them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I tried to make sense of the first sign before I read this and I'm sorry, that may be the official answer, but they're wrong. Here's how it should go.

"A juicy and delicious burger you can taste in every bite" makes no sense at all.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

because our culture reads right to left.
:crossarms:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I natively read both left to right and right to left and that confused the hell out of me. Maybe its for people who read diagonally?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GrandpaPants posted:

To nobody's defense, I'm pretty sure this is an "epic" prank video.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah it's almost equally embarrassing either way though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

Good fuckin' prank, I guess. He really got... Them? Me? Himself? Who is being pranked?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The viewer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah, dude definitely played himself.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Stuntman posted:

Holy poo poo you are totally right. The best part is that this is the poster:

No loving mention of or art from manbaby show. Right now, there are people unironically hanging up a McDonalds poster because the cartoon man told them to.

I love that they made posters for every sauce as part of their "nope, we're definitely not trying to appeal to R&M fans specifically with this stunt, no sir" plausible deniability, because what every person wants hanging in their home is a Madison Avenue Faux Street Art poster dedicated to Honey Mustard Sauce.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tiggum posted:

I tried to make sense of the first sign before I read this and I'm sorry, that may be the official answer, but they're wrong. Here's how it should go.

"A juicy and delicious burger you can taste in every bite" makes no sense at all.

:crossarms:

lol whoops. I mean uh... I meant BRONTOSAURUS culture you RACIST

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

What an unfortunate tagline

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Waffleman_ posted:

It also came out that the funny sauce prank man in that is also a full on alt-right Nazi iirc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's not surprising at all since he went for the full lovely autism "REE"

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

C'mon, that's got to be unfortunate timing instead of a deliberate dumb move.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

nexus6 posted:

C'mon, that's got to be unfortunate timing instead of a deliberate dumb move.

Totally, I'm guessing the plot is a bachelor party that goes camping instead of drunken debauchery, and they all get murdered by some kind of bear worshipers.

They probably did have better odds of surviving any general weekend in Vegas though.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

Imagine what it was like working there during the Teenie Beanie Babies promotion. :mrwhite:

Shut your loving face. I worked through the very first one, and the second rush of those goddamn loving things.

My hell will forever be trapped at the register while moms scream that I am ruining their lives because all we have in stock is the loving ostrich.

That was the only time I ever loving cried at work, because one, I was 17, two, my parents were getting a divorce and had just told us the night before, and three, I had some soccer mom oval office scream at me for a solid five minutes while the entire full lobby went mostly silent to listen. What I remember most was how close I was to screaming back at the woman, and my manager yanked me away before I could, and sent me to the break room to calm down. And all those people didn't say a loving word while this woman called me every nasty name in the book because we were, in the last week of beanies, out of the loving husky, cat, and dolphin.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Shut your loving face. I worked through the very first one, and the second rush of those goddamn loving things.

My hell will forever be trapped at the register while moms scream that I am ruining their lives because all we have in stock is the loving ostrich.

That was the only time I ever loving cried at work, because one, I was 17, two, my parents were getting a divorce and had just told us the night before, and three, I had some soccer mom oval office scream at me for a solid five minutes while the entire full lobby went mostly silent to listen. What I remember most was how close I was to screaming back at the woman, and my manager yanked me away before I could, and sent me to the break room to calm down. And all those people didn't say a loving word while this woman called me every nasty name in the book because we were, in the last week of beanies, out of the loving husky, cat, and dolphin.

Hey.

I know this story happened a long time ago, but that sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through it.

Beanie Babies. Not even once.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
every zero minutes?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
It's going to take an awful lot of IV drugs and unsafe sex, but I think we can do it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb had the line

quote:

Shoot! A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff.

Then JFK got shot.

“Dallas” was overdubbed by “Vegas”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qqfsQGYus

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

It's going to take an awful lot of IV drugs and unsafe sex, but I think we can do it.

Pozzing every neg rear end

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

So it turns out that this was just the middle image in a series of images of women turning into/revealing other women, and the very next image shows the white woman turning into another dark skinned woman.

I don't know why there isn't a bigger backlash against news sources like The Guardian for peddling outrage stories like this that turn out to just be bullshit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sucrose posted:

So it turns out that this was just the middle image in a series of images of women turning into/revealing other women, and the very next image shows the white woman turning into another dark skinned woman.

I don't know why there isn't a bigger backlash against news sources like The Guardian for peddling outrage stories like this that turn out to just be bullshit.

When it comes to peddling bullshit there are far bigger offenders, especially in the UK. At least they were smart enough to publish an opinion piece by the dark-skinned woman: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/10/i-am-woman-racist-dove-ad-not-a-victim

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sucrose posted:

The next image is the white woman turning into a very very light-skinned latina woman and Dove has a pretty long history of ads depicting their soap curing blackness so you know, maybe you could stop peddling bullshit yourself.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“But the white woman then turns into a person of color!” is like “he can’t be racist because he has a black friend”.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Platystemon posted:

“But the white woman then turns into a person of color!” is like “he can’t be racist because he has a black friend”.

No, it's like "you should watch the whole thing instead of assuming this is racist, because you're missing the context."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The context being dove is bad at this