Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

wolrah posted:

The one we're all missing is the "no, not you directly in front of me, but the fuckhead at the front of the line" horn. There are some times where the person directly in front of you clearly isn't causing the problem, but a horn is still necessary to get the message across to the person who is causing the problem and the second place won't do it themselves.

That's the "Take this honk and pass it forward" honk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Do you ever have a day where everyone follows the rules of the road?

Does anyone? I can't ever recall that happening.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Yeah, even if it's minor stuff like not stopping for a right on red other blowing through stop signs at the grocery, I can't think of a single day someone hasn't done something dumb/irritating.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Nocheez posted:

There's a dog-bone double roundabout on my way to where I was going, and some idiot stopped completely in the circle where the people coming off the highway enter. I held my horn down the entire time until he decided to start moving again.

How the gently caress do people mess up roundabouts so badly?

In the past few years they've installed like three small roundabouts in my city, one at a very busy intersection. Conceptually it's a great idea but in practice about 20% of drivers are way too stupid to understand the simple concept and gently caress up the flow of traffic doing stupid poo poo like stopping in the middle of the roundabout. They've had to reconstruct the busy roundabout 2-3 times to add blinder fences and reduce the number of lanes because too many retarded people were crashing.

The city decided to build a large elevated roundabout in a different part of the city and I saw this wonderful woman in the comments of a news article discussing it:

FIVE collisions in this roundabout lmao

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer
This is how a roundabout works, right? Because it's what I saw happen this past weekend. I think the guy saw he was driving into oncoming traffic and just decided to drive around the island until traffic cleared so he could make his left turn.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sleepy.eyes posted:

Yeah, even if it's minor stuff like not stopping for a right on red other blowing through stop signs at the grocery, I can't think of a single day someone hasn't done something dumb/irritating.

Those private property signs aren't legally binding tho

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

my kinda ape posted:

In the past few years they've installed like three small roundabouts in my city, one at a very busy intersection. Conceptually it's a great idea but in practice about 20% of drivers are way too stupid to understand the simple concept and gently caress up the flow of traffic doing stupid poo poo like stopping in the middle of the roundabout. They've had to reconstruct the busy roundabout 2-3 times to add blinder fences and reduce the number of lanes because too many retarded people were crashing.

The city decided to build a large elevated roundabout in a different part of the city and I saw this wonderful woman in the comments of a news article discussing it:

FIVE collisions in this roundabout lmao

My city has a bunch of roundabout looking things that are actually traffic circles (which under our law means that "normal" non-traffic circle yield laws apply). They're very poorly marked as this and they have accidents all the time.
Not that this applies here, but I needed to eant about this poo poo. As an attorney, I had to email the city to get a straight answer as to wtf was going on, so lay people are just hosed.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Do you ever have a day where everyone follows the rules of the road?

I put about 90-100 miles on various vehicles in Pittsburgh traffic a day so no, can't think of one.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I had to explain to my wife why I needed her to take a picture of this truck right now. :negative:

Check the web address

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Mmmm delicious

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
The giant fingers coming out of the rear window are pretty scary

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I know what vore is and it's not what that website is showing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I know what vore is and it's not what that website is showing.

It's still an unfortunate acronym.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Who cares about acronyms, what they do looks fun as poo poo.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
They eat people whole? :v:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm actually relieved I didn't see as many results as expected for "vore truck.".

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I just got a call about a car driving into a building downtown. Knowing the building is a three story tall brick structure built in the turn of the century, I assumed it hit a wall and stopped. Well, it hit what was once its entrance and it wasn't as brick-y as the rest of it. Behold, a van in a boarded up building. Given the building's location (in front of a marked parking area downtown) I'm assuming it was a "I thought I was hitting the brake, not the gas!" situation. The van was backed out, ran fine, and all things considered, didn't sustain much damage.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

NinjaPablo posted:

This is how a roundabout works, right? Because it's what I saw happen this past weekend. I think the guy saw he was driving into oncoming traffic and just decided to drive around the island until traffic cleared so he could make his left turn.

"In one hundred yards, turn left"

"Recalculating"

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Those private property signs aren't legally binding tho

Stop signs in parking lots are suggestions. Also I've been yelled at for running them but I only stop if there's someone around.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

StormDrain posted:

Stop signs in parking lots are suggestions. Also I've been yelled at for running them but I only stop if there's someone around.

Not always true, there's a few places around here that have signs stating that local police enforce the stop signs, and list an ordinance. Never seen them do it, but I wouldn't wanna risk it.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

`Nemesis posted:

Not always true, there's a few places around here that have signs stating that local police enforce the stop signs, and list an ordinance. Never seen them do it, but I wouldn't wanna risk it.

Parking lots are already full of people pulling out of spots, dipshits flooring it through lanes, tall-rear end trucks nobody can see over, and unpredictable pedestrians. Just stop completely and go slowly and don't contribute to the madness.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Why get a Smart when there are dozens of modern, safe commuter car models on CL for less than $1-3k?

lol you are not going to find a dozens of modern, safe commuter car models on CL for less than $1-3k anywhere in california

minimum buy-in on a 20 year old civic is $5k

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:jerkbag: I'm sorry I didn't take your state into account. I'm sure then, for the sake of your argument, that Smart cars are the only safe commuter car available within the range you're quoting?

Because otherwise, what are you trying to sound righteous on?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Somebody is wrong on the internet!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
TO THE :wrong: MOBILE!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

sneakyfrog posted:

TO THE :wrong: MOBILE!
Good name for a Smart car.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
An event so tragic I'm posting it in AI and CA.

I got stuck in traffic next to a yellow 6th gen VFR with full panniers this morning and I was in the Jeep and oh my god talk about jealousy in my heart.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Had some clueless idiot going 20 under on the highway in the middle lane last night. Caused a huge traffic clot and some of the more reckless drivers undertaking and overtaking trying to get back in th middle lane at the same time caused quit a few near misses and rage honks. It was a shitshow.

sleepy.eyes fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 13, 2017

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Apparently there were tons of accidents in my city yesterday because, gasp, there was light snow coming down! I didn't have any problem in a Mustang with all-seasons (I get the winters put on next week), so I'm not sure how these morons were causing so many accidents unless it was a complete failure to consider the possibility of slippery conditions. Just drive smoothly and increase following distance, it's not that difficult!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The other day a biker followed me into a store, very upset that I'd parked too close to her motorcycle. I was like ok, whatever, sorry because I had legitimately rolled forward further than intended (my brakes were making GBS threads out and my previous stop was at my mechanic to look at it)

When I left I got curious enough to go look and this was the parking situation:

Maybe if you want a three foot radius of personal space around your harley, don't park five of them in one space, .001" inside the line.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Compensating for something, Harleyite?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Platystemon posted:

Compensating for something, Harleyite?

quote:

her motorcycle

Doubtful, unless you subscribe to the Freudian theory of penis envy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Girls can feel inadequate about their body too you know!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Those are the best girls!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PT6A posted:

I do.

Why do you think I chose “Harleyite”?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
You ever try to ride a Harley while drunk? It's not easy, you need the extra room.... be more considerate towards Harley riders!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm sitting here listening to this little gas powered minibike go up and down my street. Up and down and up and down and up and down just loving non-stop. I finally look out when I hear someone yell "Heeeeey watch out there's a car coming" and it's this little 6-7 year old in a lovely helmet and a t-shirt/jeans combo, the adult female watching him is standing in the middle of the road with an off-leash pitbull.

On a public street that has people routinely doing 50+ in a 25 on it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

So I'm sitting here listening to this little gas powered minibike go up and down my street. Up and down and up and down and up and down just loving non-stop. I finally look out when I hear someone yell "Heeeeey watch out there's a car coming" and it's this little 6-7 year old in a lovely helmet and a t-shirt/jeans combo, the adult female watching him is standing in the middle of the road with an off-leash pitbull.

On a public street that has people routinely doing 50+ in a 25 on it.

Sounds likely to be a self-correcting problem, IMHO.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Holy poo poo.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Blue-Route-Interstate-95-Shoulder-Driving-PennDOT-450780673.html

I love this plan. I'm excited to be a part of it. Nothing could possibli go wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

PT6A posted:

Clit coveting?