Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
lol soaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
seems like a bad idea to pick such an early game sort of comp if you're imt. it's not really their thing

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm ready for the 0-10 week 2 again :v:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
IMT is losing to a dog champ, smdh.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you aren't rooting for GAM to win then just gently caress you

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I hate Immortals so much.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hahah they loving did it, holy poo poo. im going to suck rekkles off

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
0-4 so far. Can NA break their 0-10 record?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is it about week 2 that turns all NA teams into cowards that just walk back and forth while the other team takes everything off of the map.

You had to win exactly 1 game Immortals and you went ahead and pulled a Cloud 9. Lmao.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

If you aren't rooting for GAM to win then just gently caress you
:hai:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Asema posted:

What is it about week 2 that turns all NA teams into cowards that just walk back and forth while the other team takes everything off of the map.

You had to win exactly 1 game Immortals and you went ahead and pulled a Cloud 9. Lmao.

Surprisingly the 2nd place team from NALCS sucks rear end, who would have imagined

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Who let soaz out (hoo hoo hoo hoo)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Aw man

Before the tourney started I was rooting for FNC, but I've also accepted the nurturing love of GAM into my heart

Like Natalie imbruglia before me, I am torn

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
holy poo poo optimus is terrible with the ori ults

e: ANOTHER ONE WHAT... seriously, he's hit four targets in total over the course of this entire game?

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 12, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

just woke up and lmfao at the results

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
weeeell im the type of gay /
where rekkles is my dad

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
NA is going to lose out of group stages again, sigh

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God damnit. GAM played that better in general but Optimus was just so bad at Ori :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dragongem posted:

NA is going to lose out of group stages again, sigh

God, they just had to win one game. One game!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Optimus' bad shockwaves lost GAM that game, Fnatic didn't deserve to get out of groups.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

God damnit. GAM played that better in general but Optimus was just so bad at Ori :(

honestly it was almost matchfixing levels of bad. especially the one where it was attached to maokai, how does that even happen?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

njsykora posted:

Optimus' bad shockwaves lost GAM that game, Fnatic didn't deserve to get out of groups.

they did, and they did

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Noway and soaz had some good boom bitch moments during this game though, qtpie would be proud. First the buster shot up top and then the gnar ulti in the dragon pit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Z3mx9ApgA

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Well maybe if GAM had learned to do anything but cheese then maybe they wouldn't have lost this game :smuggo:. Though Although I guess I should commend them for kicking the other garbage team out and helping the actually good one to go through to the knockouts.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zillions magazine posted:

Does anyone have a clip of that flash

here

this is physically painful to watch, yikes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Just a reminder that, if you want some more in-depth analysis of today's games, YamatoCannon is doing a full analysis of every Worlds game, including today's. I think he's pretty spot-on with most of his analysis, especially since he goes into these blind when doing them.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 12, 2017

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

el dingo posted:

Aw man

Before the tourney started I was rooting for FNC, but I've also accepted the nurturing love of GAM into my heart

Like Natalie imbruglia before me, I am torn

Same, but at least IMT didn't make it through.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I do hope the IMT squad sticks together despite this collapse, because they have a lot of genuine promise. Like I said during the NA Finals, I think a lot of it's just nerves: you've got a team where the majority of people have never (or only barely) set foot at Worlds, including someone one split away from being a rookie in a meta where they're expected to be the carry.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
In a similar vein, FNC has to make changes regardless of their result at worlds

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

I do hope the IMT squad sticks together despite this collapse, because they have a lot of genuine promise. Like I said during the NA Finals, I think a lot of it's just nerves: you've got a team where the majority of people have never (or only barely) set foot at Worlds, including someone one split away from being a rookie in a meta where they're expected to be the carry.

Cody Sun played really poorly. I can't get a read on if he's really any good or not.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Parallel Playa posted:

In a similar vein, FNC has to make changes regardless of their result at worlds

Absolutely. Like, they played well in today's games, but they also got absurdly lucky that IMT had a full-on collapse and GAM had an absolutely demoralizing loss to LZ that seemed to throw Optimus' mentality in the trash.

Sexpansion posted:

Cody Sun played really poorly. I can't get a read on if he's really any good or not.

He's not been doing WildTurtle-level Flashes during the regular splits. I think he's "okay" right now, with the potential to be a solid ADC with more time and practice. If he's got the right mindset, the pain of his Tristana inSec getting blasted onto Reddit for the next two months will push him into becoming a better player.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 12, 2017

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cody Sun has shown promise and the bot lane was a real strong talking point at the end of the season for Immortals. It's also a good learning experience for Cody as well because he didn't play anywhere near the same level and either he's going to take it as a wake up call to improve so he can handle an international stage, or he's going to become irrelevant.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Cody sun had the "much improved" narritive this summer which, as all free men know, means he's bad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
And flames a waste of an import slot.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ye flame needs to take his good looks to the analyst desk

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Ardent censor meta shift really threw out a major reason that IMT were successful (Olleh roaming/engage) but that doesn't excuse the play by the rest of the team, real embarrassing performance by IMT vs one of the weaker groups

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Finally got to check out the results for today only to find out Worlds is literally scripted. Also loving lol cody sun.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
cody sun's performance was bad but not completely unexpected since he's fairly new. the real disaster imo was pobelter, who after all these years should really have sorted his poo poo out by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Firebert posted:

Ardent censor meta shift really threw out a major reason that IMT were successful (Olleh roaming/engage) but that doesn't excuse the play by the rest of the team, real embarrassing performance by IMT vs one of the weaker groups

CodySun's attempted insec ult vs Fnatic was painful. I guess paying back the favor to Rekkles