Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm sorry Branco, but the Vegas shooter was stopped by a Bad Guy with a Gun.

Only because he cheated!
Everyone knows that after a mass shooter takes his turn, he's supposed to stand still so the good guys can have a turn to shoot back.

That's how it's supposed I work.

Edit:

the_steve fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Who's the figure on the right supposed to be? My first uninformed guess is Spanish Republicans.

Wikipedia says it's a poster from the Grand Anti-Masonic Exhibition in Serbia in 1941, "showing the Jews and Masons controlling the Soviet Union and the United Kingdom, with marionettes of Stalin and Churchill"

Boy, good thing Congress just dumped an extra hundred billion dollars into military funding!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

And why did they take a a knee you loving duck. WHY ARE THEY TAKING A KNEE!

I can tell you its not to disrespect the flag or anything!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The question was "Shouldn't Trump be more concerned with etc."; that answer makes makes wonder if tomorrow we're going to be treated to Carmen telling us that football protests are something that should occupy the president's attention more than nuclear war. I legitimately can't tell if this is poor phrasing or the lead-up to a "well actually" of immense stupidity.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

This looks like an edit.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To me there’s nothing hypocritical about it because Hollywood has always been transparently evil in this way.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

One of these things is not like the others...

Allie cannot be saying that peaceful protests are more important to stop than global goddamned thermonuclear goddamned war. I refuse to believe it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Prickly City's two-author thing is mostly so that they can blame the other one when they say something this loving dumb.

Shut up, wife-beater.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

To me there’s nothing hypocritical about it because Hollywood has always been transparently evil in this way.

That's because you don't see Hollywood as a cabal of liberal boogeymen trying to shove their leftist agenda down American throats.

And of course Lester would think that the important thing here isn't the awful acts committed or what allowed them to happen, but instead that it makes liberals look bad.
"Let's not politicize this" is a load of steaming bullshit every time.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ENAB
LERS

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Moddington posted:

That's because you don't see Hollywood as a cabal of liberal boogeymen trying to shove their leftist agenda down American throats.
I still can't believe how hosed up it is that Hollywood ever got the reputation of being liberal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still can't believe how hosed up it is that Hollywood ever got the reputation of being liberal.

Well, they are.... compared to AM Radio and Breitbart.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Is that supposed to be Enrique Pena Nieto on the left, and if so, what is the cup and his costume supposed to represent?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This feels intensely distasteful to me. Like maybe don't draw your comic admonishing rape so that it actually, visibly depicts a rape in progress, complete with an hourglass-figured woman you intentionally drew half naked.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

This feels intensely distasteful to me. Like maybe don't draw your comic admonishing rape so that it actually, visibly depicts a rape in progress, complete with an hourglass-figured woman you intentionally drew half naked.
Also I can't read it as anything but "Helpollywood".

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

Text: "EU appeals to Catalan leadership: do not disconnect your contacts". Text on the wall: "Counselling". "Espanja"... okay, I think it's pretty obvious what that means.

You can probably guess that while the Finnish government treads carefully, pro-Catalonia sentiments are pretty common in Finland.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

My favorite ones are those that open a window into "Kelly's" own life and how he sees himself

Ben Garrison also copied both of these, since when he runs out of Der Sturmer cartoons to trace he evidently looks to the modern greats

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

WTF is this nightmare and why does it have claws? :ohdear:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:vince:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I mean, he has to know. He has to.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
You're good.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Surely not.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Too good to be true.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

I Love Annie May posted:

Too good to be true.
It is indeed a very good edit.

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/918247604303028225

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I Love Annie May posted:

Too good to be true.

Sadly it is, the real one is way less interesting https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/918247604303028225?s=09

Efb

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Isn't it a dogwhistle for the old hollywood = jews thing?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Stefu posted:

Text: "EU appeals to Catalan leadership: do not disconnect your contacts". Text on the wall: "Counselling". "Espanja"... okay, I think it's pretty obvious what that means.

You can probably guess that while the Finnish government treads carefully, pro-Catalonia sentiments are pretty common in Finland.

I believe that Cataluña is a xenophobic place where the immigrants from other regions are seen as second class citizens. But they are rich. So yea. They have that for them, that is nice.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:eyepop:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:fuckoff:

Sexual entitlement by men in power transcends politics you dense motherfucker

People were mad about Trump because the Republicans were being hypocritical by supporting this sleazebag serial assaulter while promoting themselves as the party of Family Values. IT'S NOT COMPLICATED. You want to talk hypocrisy? There you go.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wowzers.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Stefu posted:

Why would we "probably guess" that? Are the Finnish people particularly abstractly pro-separatism in countries they know little about?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

Isn't it a dogwhistle for the old hollywood = jews thing?
Who said anything about Jews??? We're talking about Hollywood elitist film producers and record label executives who use mass media to spread globalist cultural marxism. Sounds like you're the real anti-semite.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The only Hollywood I know is the one that spreads the gospel of white capitalist men.

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

Xander77 posted:

Why would we "probably guess" that? Are the Finnish people particularly abstractly pro-separatism in countries they know little about?

A small nation with a history of being an autonomous region in a larger country that got independent a 100 years ago tends to sympathize with another small nation in a similar situation now.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
do visual novels count as polititoons?

https://twitter.com/RoryWalkerEsq/status/918291847239421952

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FOR gently caress'S SAKE, ROBERT LEE WAS ASKED – ASKED, DAMMIT – IF HE WANTED TO SWITCH GAMES BY ESPN. HE WAS ASKED. A-S-K-E-D.

quote:

FOR gently caress'S SAKE, YOU HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD FOR BEATING YOUR WIFE, MIKE.

These people are going to break me.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

D.N. Nation posted:

FOR gently caress'S SAKE, ROBERT LEE WAS ASKED – ASKED, DAMMIT – IF HE WANTED TO SWITCH GAMES BY ESPN. HE WAS ASKED. A-S-K-E-D.

One thing we should be used to by now with ol' Drunky is that when an idea gets in his head, it'll never get dislodged. Sometimes I revisit his three weeks of Dan Rather cartoons just to put myself in a bad mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What was that one ClickHole article?
"If Black Lives Matter Isn't A Racist Hate Group, Then Why Do I Keep Insisting They Are?"

The point being, they've never let reality get in the way of their assigned narrative.

• Locked thread