Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mutant Standard posted:

Oh my god the N-Zap with movement speed abilities is busted.

Did the N-Zap even need a buff, it was still in the top 20 of Japan's league weapon usage and it wasn't even under-used before the patch like the splat pros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Polish Avenger posted:

Yes it is, it's a solid loadout. Is that the splatterscope or the splat charger? I assumed the splatterscope zoomed.

My bad, yeah it was the splat charger.

The bullet velocity buff on the splat pro is huge at max range and bubbles are noticeably easier to pop. Looking forward to winning another splatfest with the Forge.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Lakbay posted:

Did the N-Zap even need a buff, it was still in the top 20 of Japan's league weapon usage and it wasn't even under-used before the patch like the splat pros

It did not, though inking more easily near the feet is greatly appreciated for turf war

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
:siren:TENTACLE DIFFICULTIES ON 10/14-10/16!:siren:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah. I wonder if we will get a new goofy weapon.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

In Training posted:

If every Tentacle Difficulties were just super OP versions of existing weapon classes, that would be amazing. Roller with the footprint and strength of a dynamo, but swing time/run speed of a carbon? Shooter with splattershot range and firing rate of the fully upgraded Hero Shot? E-liter with the charge time of a Bamboozler? :getin:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shame Boner posted:

If every Tentacle Difficulties were just super OP versions of existing weapon classes, that would be amazing. Roller with the footprint and strength of a dynamo, but swing time/run speed of a carbon? Shooter with splattershot range and firing rate of the fully upgraded Hero Shot? E-liter with the charge time of a Bamboozler? :getin:

The vertical flick on the theoretical Super Roller has the breadth of a regular flick :unsmigghh:.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Rapid fire E-liter with full movement speed grizz please

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Unlimited stingray

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Huge, invincible umbrella.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

The other known existing GrizzCo weapons are the Charger, Brella, and the Roller.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Shame Boner posted:

I believe last time someone said that data mining had revealed that there's a Grizz version of every type, so fingers crossed!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wish I could be surprised by video games again.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Takoluka posted:

I wish I could be surprised by video games again.

Finding out there are other super weapons is not a big surprise.

Which one we get and exactly how stupidly good it is, that we get to wait and see. and don't read the thread too close.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is the first Splatfest where I'm not with team gremlin squid

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Pish-Posh. Vampires are clearly superior to werewolves. Constant vampire powers rather than being limited to being badass once, maybe twice a month. Said powers are also way cooler. Shapeshifting, powers of mind control, supernatural strength and agility, and teleportation. Werewolves are basically just really strong, fast, and can heal quickly. Plus you're stuck being a piddly human the majority of the time.

:drac:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah but think of the drawbacks. You never get to feel the sun, your taste in music is horrible, you can't cross running water or go into a house uninvited, and if someone dumps a bag of rice in front of you, you have to count it all up. Like a big nerd

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Would've voted for werewolves, however the Aiden to normal human beings ratio is 8:1 on that team and all I care about is winning so I voted vampires

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Vampires are much sexier

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 12, 2017

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

That succc tho

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Zelder posted:

Yeah but think of the drawbacks. You never get to feel the sun, your taste in music is horrible, you can't cross running water or go into a house uninvited, and if someone dumps a bag of rice in front of you, you have to count it all up. Like a big nerd

That's still more desirable than losing all control every time you actually get to use your powers

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

vs.

This is proving to be a tough decision for me, but I'll probably stick to my roots of not being allowed in the sun anyway.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What We Do In The Shadows is incredibly good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it’s a great movie. Hopefully progress on We’re Wolves happens once Ragnarok is out.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Zelder posted:

So, goons are vampires?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Oh my goodness, I don't know if it was because of the recent patch, but I tried out the clash blaster today and it's incredible.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So with 2 run speeds, you can strafe at absurd speeds while firing with the brella.

This is stupid.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just noticed that of you stand close to Murch for a while you can tell that he's playing Squid Jump on his phone.
hosed up that he's the only one that gets to play it now, you'd think Nintendo could have included it in the mobile app for old times sake.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bad luck omen: The Custom E-litre 4K. Has Squid Beakons and Bubble Launcher special to strike fear and dread. And worst of all: Arrives just in time for the Splatfest. Ghastly!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Bad luck omen: The Custom E-litre 4K. Has Squid Beakons and Bubble Launcher special to strike fear and dread. And worst of all: Arrives just in time for the Splatfest. Ghastly!

Why on earth would you stick Beakons on a weapon that's going to spend most of its time at the back end of the map? You're either jumping onto the Charger-user directly, or there's no reason to be there.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why on earth would you stick Beakons on a weapon that's going to spend most of its time at the back end of the map? You're either jumping onto the Charger-user directly, or there's no reason to be there.

It all goes down to where you put your beakons. You might put them down at a position you know you need to go asap if your defensive line is breached like in Moray Towers. Or you might build them at the front to get some more pressure if need be there. The idea being that you aren't the last squid to quick jump to when crisis strikes. If all you do is put them up next to you, well... there's nothing wrong with that, but you're not thinking optimally.

Also sub power up ability charges the beakons to be quicker to jump to, meaning squids without Quick Jump speed-ups can get as quickly to a point like those who have them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

with E-Liter's insane range you could also do some pretty good snipes+swim out and beakon to keep up pressure situationally.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beacons don't have to be deep to be useful, midway landing point without a big KILL ME sign is always welcome

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

2 weeks in a row of Chargers? :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Between salmon run right now, splatfest tomorrow and tentacle difficulty on Sunday, this is gonna be an awesome Splatoon weekend :cheers:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US+AU+NZ Vampires vs Werewolves - October 13th 21:00 PT / October 14th 15:00 AEDT

• JP Agility vs Endurance - October 15th 13:00 JST

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Consider playing with a team of four like-minded people this Splatfest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5 hours till splatfest!!! Team Vampire baby!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Team Werewolf is gonna win.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Jonas Albrecht posted:

gently caress you!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Leveled down into Overachiever for Salmon Run and it's so relaxing.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Werewolves are just people that get to be a cool dog once a month while there's all sorts of aristocracy and inbreeding and bullshit and lifestyle changes tied up with vampires.