Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Party Plane Jones posted:

Apparently a dude got banned from pro-league for hacking.
Not that there wasn't any indications beforehand:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SavageTolerantSaladWow

Lol that's a little more than a macro in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

Lol that's a little more than a macro in the video.

Maybe he has a macro to activate and un-activate his headshot hacks, did you ever think of that?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

🏰 is fun :colbert:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

holy poo poo servers are hosed right now

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
It's insanely retarded that you can shoot while vaulting over poo poo.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Bandit's electrified stuff has an absolutely ludicrous friendly-gadget killing hitbox. You can seriously clear your gadget a solid foot+ over the wire in both height and horizontal distance and still have it get destroyed.

On another note though, Lesion is awesome now that his mines respawn a bit faster. It makes his special very useful for wallbanging the hell out of enemies. They're great for using as tripwire alerts, especially when you learn the maps enough to learn both where to place them, and where people will retreat to in order to pull the barbs out.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://thefckduprainbows.tumblr.com/post/166174204164/they-see-me-ragdollin-they-hatin

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

my kinda ape posted:

Shooting while falling is also terrible.

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace

my kinda ape posted:

It's really not. It's already super risky for an attacker to vault a window if they don't know where the defenders are, imagine if they had no possible way of retaliating during the vault.

Yes, of course you shouldn't do it if you don't know where they are, but sometimes you have no choice.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Hactar posted:

It's really not. It's already super risky for an attacker to vault a window if they don't know where the defenders are, imagine if they had no possible way of retaliating during the vault.

Yes, of course you shouldn't do it if you don't know where they are, but sometimes you have no choice.

Nah, it's pretty dumb when someone with both hands on a windowsill instead of his gun shoots bullets that fly out of the muzzle at a 75 degree angle with the same accuracy as if they were walking down an open hallway.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Just make it erratic as gently caress. That way you can wound someone on the other side, but it'll only work as a panic button.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Should probably just make it so you can't move and shoot at the same time at all tbh.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Fingerprint lock on all weapons but they're all locked to your real dad

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingClearThymeUnSane

lol wut

fix your broke game for pro-league hard

tjones
May 13, 2005
Has anyone considered compensating the pro league players for moon lightning as an ad-hoc QA testing department?

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010

lol wut

This sustains me.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Pls leave hard alone.

I miss him in the thread..

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hactar posted:

One of the biggest issues I have with vaulting is that when you get dunked on by a guy vaulting you often don't even see them before you're dead, I think there's a problem with the accuracy that people have while vaulting as well as the speed at which vaulting actually happens which can be a problem when networking is involved. I don't know whether it's a netcode issue or just one of latency, but generally it feels like an aggressor in any given situation generally has the upper hand and that vaulting is where it can seem the most extreme.

I don't know if the answer is to slow down vaulting or to add some kind of aiming penalty to it, or maybe even prevent shooting until they've fallen a height equivalent to a windowsill -> floor(or base it on an equivalent time after vaulting because I imagine height triggers being jankey and stopping someone firing forever).

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

lol wut

This made my week. :laffo:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

lol wut

holy poo poo what

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol wut

It seemed like the commentators were dumbfounded on what to say and had to make something up on the fly that fall within their guidelines.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Found out Yings LMG seems to work better for me with a Flash Hider rather than the Compensator and i'm doing a bit better with her, I feel she's a tiny bit underpowered but enjoy playing her so w/e.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

HAAAAARD!

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Flipswitch posted:

Found out Yings LMG seems to work better for me with a Flash Hider rather than the Compensator and i'm doing a bit better with her, I feel she's a tiny bit underpowered but enjoy playing her so w/e.

Huh, I wonder if this is it. I've been loving using it but everyone else has been saying it's awful, but I've been using the flash hider the whole time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My world has been upended. In a ranked game, our four piece got a pubbie with a mic. He's new and bought the starter edition and doesn't know the maps yet but he has the reflexes of a 22 year old, doesn't use slurs, and is overall positive on comms. Feels like we won the lottery for our slowly shrinking Siege group.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 13, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'll trade you for the Italian kid who started screaming and crying when someone stole his ace earlier.

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Apparently VOIP has been removed pending them fixing, you know, hearing other teams on other maps in other games.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Apparently VOIP has been removed pending them fixing, you know, hearing other teams on other maps in other games.

oh no how will i get yelled at informatively by a russian because my lack of Э-bushido insults him

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Community manager on Reddit said they are targeting next week for the mid-season reinforcements so those should arrive sometime soon

Looking forward to it, as this season has for sure been one of the weaker ones

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we know what's coming?

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Flipswitch posted:

Turns out hearing players from other games was actually foreshadowing the For Honor crossover. New operators are Vikings and Samurai.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

New bugs.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Flipswitch posted:

At the very least I think the kapkan 2/2 change along with his improved(?) traps because the game needs more traps right now. Also the blitz buff that keeps his shield up while sprinting, might be a buff to pistol recoil as well, not sure if they pulled back on that one

Hopefully a fix to the gamebreaking castle bug, and all the other poo poo we have been complaining about for a while now

Rumour: other GROM op

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I thought the other GROM op was next major update with the South Koreans(?).

Kapkan change I'll happily take. I love me some Kappers.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

There was a rumor floating around that the GROM attacker was almost ready at the start of last season and Ubisoft was debating whether or not they want him in for next season or if he would be in for the mid-season update since he would be finished by that point. If he was going to be in the mid-season update then we probably would have heard about it a while ago, no way they wouldn't play that poo poo up.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Would be nice if they fixed the bugs, new operators, and bugs related to new operators before adding another one into the mix that will probably be totally untuned, like Ela still is.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I hope the CZ nerf is upcoming. It's fun as hell when you're using it of course, but the recoil needs to be turned up.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GeForce Experience updated to 3.10 and now the overlay/shadowplay wont load with Siege at all but other games still fine, anyone else have this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Which version should I get? Starter? Starter plus Year 2 Pass? Standard? Year 2 gold edition?

Im not sure how easy it is to upgrade.

• Locked thread