Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Wistful of Dollars posted:

(apologies if this was posted earlier and I missed it)

I really want this to be real.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/918309958411833344

It's pretty on the nose and I highly doubt it.

pictured: a dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, but this is the "leader of the free world" at a press conference where he should be showing respect and concern as a leader. Instead he's being a douche bag because "I'm the most important person ever".

The same thing that happened when he sexually assaulted women, or all the times he lied, or all the gaffes he's made. Absolutely loving nothing

The joke is he already did. To Lindsey Graham during the campaign.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

say it with me

Corporate Death Penalty, after all, corporations are people my friend. :mitt:

This should totally be possible and based on the citizens united ruling, is actually arguable in court.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Chilichimp posted:

This should totally be possible and based on the citizens united ruling, is actually arguable in court.

It should be, corporations have steadily lobbied for the rights of the individual but few of the responsibilities :shrug:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Somebody should be executed for this sort of negligence.

Hey now, they made an oopsie. They made... several, repeated oopsies. We should forgive them for their past mistakes, however irresponsible we may feel they were, and let them start with a clean slate. After all, isn't that what credit reporting is all about? Second chances?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think the tax bill is a 50/50. The only thing the democrats can use to argue against it is that it increases the deficit. Most people will weigh that against have extra money in their pocket and go for it.

considering how much of the US budget is spent on defense and law enforcement you could easily say that tax cuts directly weaken the US military

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think the tax bill is a 50/50. The only thing the democrats can use to argue against it is that it increases the deficit. Most people will weigh that against have extra money in their pocket and go for it.

Isn't part of the plan a fuckton of cuts to government programs and services to balance out the lost revenue? Maybe mention those things instead of falling for the republican pretension that the government does nothing.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Kaal posted:

It remains extremely shocking that Donald still hasn't been banned from Twitter.

It'd be hilarious if the president of the united states of america, arguably the most powerful single position on earth, gets banned from twitter

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

marshmonkey posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/918518447058898944

*edit* seems like someone hacked their help pages for people that had data stolen and it was attempting to get people to install a bugged version of flash.

Umm isn't a 2.7% drop just statistical noise?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Vladimir Putin posted:

I honestly couldn't think of an easier bill to defeat than a lovely tax bill like this

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Why it is almost as though the law were some sort of system whereby powerful interests purchase legitimacy

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So apparently the father of the family rescued from the Taliban is refusing to set foot on the military plane because he's afraid he'd face legal trouble when he gets back.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yea, the headline is dumb and mentioning the stock price / including the graph is dumb.

Still astounding that Equifax is so comically inept at security.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Chilichimp posted:

Corporate personhood was not invented by Citizens United, only the way in which they found it applied to speech.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Shifty Pony posted:

I've always thought that using the mobile game monetization model would work well.

"Your tweet is ready! Because Larry is tired from delivering your earlier tweets he needs to rest a bit before he can take your tweet to Twitter HQ, but don't worry he'll be good to go in 40 minutes!"

Give Larry a jet-pack boost for 7 gems to get him there immediately!"

Ps apparently the twitter bird is named Larry.

Just let people pay cash to change other people's twitter profile pics, and increase the cost as the target gains more followers.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I think if there's anything that would get Trump to actually launch a nuke, it would be the impeachment process starting in earnest.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Just let people pay cash to change other people's twitter profile pics, and increase the cost as the target gains more followers.

Martin Shkreli would be a fan of this if he wasn't going to prison.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Welp, the US was nice while it lasted.

A debatable statement.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

This, but allow a "lotto mode" where you buy a chance to change a high-profile person's twitter pic, so no one has to foot the entire cost.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/918525076051513344

yaaay

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/918495203949973505

https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/918505962939527168

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I don't think it's entirely hyperbolic to say that, at this point, the credit system is probably broken beyond repair, even though it'll likely take a couple more years for the breadth of the problem to really make itself felt acutely. It's not unlikely that drat near every American household has a member whose identity has been compromised.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Goddamn would it be some poetic justice if money is the thing to take Trump down. It's the only route that really has a chance of putting him in a loving cell.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No. A nearly 3% drop in a few hours is fairly significant. Especially for a large and "stable" company.

Average intraday trading changes are usually around 0.2% to 0.4%.

It's not as massive as the graph makes it look, though.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 12, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Goddamn would it be some poetic justice if money is the thing to take Trump down. It's the only route that really has a chance of putting him in a loving cell.

Well it worked for Al Capone.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Money is what usually brings people down. I mean, Capone was finally brought in on taxes.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Money crimes are the ones that affect rich people the most so it makes sense.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Stereotype posted:

He wants to privatize the NWS so everyone enjoy accurate weather forecasts while they last!

Reminder, the accue weather CEO is a libertarian poo poo and wants to make using basic measurement devices such as thermometers require some sort of license/accreditation.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Saint Celestine posted:

Money is what usually brings people down. I mean, Capone was finally brought in on taxes.

this was only because capone was a legitimately talented criminal mastermind who was extremely skilled at keeping a wall of plausible deniability between himself and his crime empire. everyone knew he was the top gangster, he wanted people to know it, but good luck proving it in court

on the other hand, trump can't take a poo poo without committing an obvious felony

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trump on the other hand has an entire political party that is invested in reshaping reality so that he never has to feel like he made a mistake.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Man, things are really lovely right now. I'd like to express that in more words, but I don't have time to write a book at the moment.

It's not even Trump's ability to carry out his agenda that concerns me the most. It's his complete inability to lead in the face of circumstances like natural disasters. And the rediscovered brazenness of white supremacists is not helping. They're everywhere.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
capone lavishly bribed all the civil servants and law enforcement persons necessary to ensure a thick web of loyalty shielded him from prosecution. he built his reputation on generosity and philanthropy

trump backstabs people and throws them under whatever vehicle he can find at the first possible opportunity, loyalty to trump is paid back with spite and humiliation. he uses his charitable foundation as his personal wallet and donates nothing to his supporters

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

One of the worst things is he can't even pretend to give a poo poo about the country. Obama wasn't perfect but that man gave a poo poo and you could tell.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Todays press briefing is going well.

https://twitter.com/aabramson/status/918534987300986880

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/918534519082319872

This is perfectly fine and normal.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/918526269503033345

This guy owns

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

A RINGING ENDORSEMENT
https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/918534639052083200
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/918534877707931650

edit: gently caress

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

EDIT: OOPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

What a ringing endorsement.

edit: gently caress, beaten

• Locked thread