Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

It Has Been [0] Shitstorms Since A Country Has Been Offensively Misidentified

I dunno, do Canadian history classes cover much history in regards to Asian countries? I had a Southeast Asian education for most of my school life and we didn't learn much world history even though Malaysia and Taiwan aren't that far off from each other.

On another note, Detention looks really interesting and I was just thinking of getting it myself when the jumpscare hit and I was suddenly reminded of why I don't play spoopy games in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My darling fiance had us rewatch the ShitStorm video for Anatomy last night. I forgot how terrified Pat was the entire time, and having him so scared only freaked me out even more. That game is too loving creepy. :ohdear:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

My brain can't register creepiness like everyone else can. Why is this?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Paige might just be the worst video game player who ever lived. This cup head video is some dire poo poo, wow. Least she's not dunking on the game for her being terrible at it, and she's staying high energy dying within seconds of most rounds

Edit: soon as I say that she starts getting marginally better during the cagney carnation fight

To be fair to her, the game does get noticeably harder with two players on the screen. Enemies get like a 50% health boost and boss patterns tend to be faster and/or more aggressive. That stuff goes away when one player gets knocked out permanently in a run so you end up with a game where you're actually incentivized to not rez your buddy when they die.

It's a super weird design decision that I don't agree with at all.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The thing is without some changes I can totally see how 2 Charge shots and 2 supers would annihilate the difficulty curve. And making bosses giant bags of HP to compensate wouldn't be too fun.
Plus I really enjoy seeing all the crazy situations 2players get in trying to resurrect each other.

My favorite case of the guys getting a country wrong was Intrusion 2, where Pat and Woolie spend the whole video praising the Eurojank when it was Ruskijank.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel like the term "eurojank" has wound up encompassing everything from eastern europe to russia anyways, so it's not too surprising for them to say that.

Grouchio posted:

My brain can't register creepiness like everyone else can. Why is this?
you're actually a replicant.

that explains a lot more than just the malfunctioning fear drive.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

The thing is without some changes I can totally see how 2 Charge shots and 2 supers would annihilate the difficulty curve. And making bosses giant bags of HP to compensate wouldn't be too fun.
Plus I really enjoy seeing all the crazy situations 2players get in trying to resurrect each other.

My favorite case of the guys getting a country wrong was Intrusion 2, where Pat and Woolie spend the whole video praising the Eurojank when it was Ruskijank.

Europe isn't a country.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Matt and Woolie talked poo poo about Bloc Party.

Unforgivable.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Europe isn't a country.
I couldn't remember what country's flag they kept misinterpreting so I went back and watched.
They kept saying the Russian flag was Poland's, which is offensively hilarious.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Paige might just be the worst video game player who ever lived. This cup head video is some dire poo poo, wow. Least she's not dunking on the game for her being terrible at it, and she's staying high energy dying within seconds of most rounds

Edit: soon as I say that she starts getting marginally better during the cagney carnation fight

um...have you watched woolie play games

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

um...have you watched woolie play games

Woolie's problem is more a lack of reading comprehension.

*After being told in-game for like the 15th time in Policenauts that Tokugawa is running a massive Organ smuggling scheme while looking at row after row of biomorts on the loving Moon*
Pat: They are literally harvesting these people for Organs!
Woolie: We don't know that yet :hurr:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Jonathan Ingram's killcount is loving absurd. Even if you haven't been watching Policenauts, just go to today's episode from 17 minutes onwards.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Policenauts LP is some "Makoto was blinded by acid" levels of making jokes and assuming the jokes are canon and then being shocked that it's actually something the game already told you about instead

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

The Policenauts LP is some "Makoto was blinded by acid" levels of making jokes and assuming the jokes are canon and then being shocked that it's actually something the game already told you about instead

I'm still stuck on Persona so it took a while to remember the Yakuza 0 one.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Detention really looks great

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

lets hang out posted:

Detention really looks great

Yeah I picked it up during summer sale and what i played of it was real good and creepy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

Pat I feel would totally blind Makoto if it meant he could bang Sae instead.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Grouchio posted:

Pat I feel would totally blind Makoto if it meant he could bang Sae instead.

Wrong Makoto, but the sentiment stands nonetheless, I feel.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Lol at last week's podcast and the stuff about eureka seven, what a dumb reason to turn away a great series

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Watched the rest of detention, wow they should have finished that game.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

It'd be a great Shitstorm Leftover is they wanted to do those again

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

NIGHT TRAP. :catstare:

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
Russia is included in Eurovision, and is therefore also a provider of Eurojank.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jeedy Jay posted:

Russia is included in Eurovision, and is therefore also a provider of Eurojank.

Australia is my favorite eurojank provider

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Night Trap creating the ESRB is like some sort of cruel joke.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Night Trap :allears:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

KILL 'EM MATT, GET 'IM

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone honestly managed to beat Night Trap in the intended way? Especially playing the old version where the video thumbnails don't move, that seems like you'd eventually have to just memorise every single event to get the timing right.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Has anyone honestly managed to beat Night Trap in the intended way? Especially playing the old version where the video thumbnails don't move, that seems like you'd eventually have to just memorise every single event to get the timing right.

People played games like dragon's lair which was pretty much a memorization game. People had different standards back then.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Monaghan posted:

People played games like dragon's lair which was pretty much a memorization game. People had different standards back then.

They're just games made up entirely of QTEs. You know, like God of War :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

They're just games made up entirely of QTEs. You know, like God of War Rambo :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
TBF play Asura's Wrath never.

HGH fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 12, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Help me remember what podcast "X-Files Base" originated from

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What are the odds that The Evil Within 2 will be the last Shitstorm game and go into a full LP?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Foxhound posted:

What are the odds that The Evil Within 2 will be the last Shitstorm game and go into a full LP?

They already said their next LPs are the Marvel Infinite story mode and TEW2, so pretty good.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hope we get another awkward solo Pat video as a result. There's something magical about those.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Phantasium posted:

They already said their next LPs are the Marvel Infinite story mode and TEW2, so pretty good.

Oh I missed that. Nice!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Foxhound posted:

Evil Within 2 will not be in shitstorm because it'll be it's own storm of poo poo. I'll bet on it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Evil within was an OK game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Same, the post LP hate always seemed a bit too much.