Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Rotom is motor backwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rotom is pulseman

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I think that this confirms that Rotom might actually be a pokemon in USUM

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

hang on this implies rotom is pronounced raht oh-m

holy hell.....

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

in japan the games are called hyper sun and moon

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

McDragon posted:

in japan the games are called doki doki panic

unrelated, but did they really not announce any other pokemon besides ultra beasts? Cmon gamefreak give us more alolan forms!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dizz posted:

unrelated, but did they really not announce any other pokemon besides ultra beasts? Cmon gamefreak give us more alolan forms!

besides UB Burst, Assembly and Adhesive, there's also Lycanroc Dusk, Necrozma Dawn, Necrozma Dusk, and the 7th Hat Pikachu

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I want more megas. I might get excited for z moves if more of them did something interesting and not just be another big nuke. :(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Rockweiler dusk barely counts.

I hope Arolla Oak is more involved with the plot.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

less laughter posted:

besides UB Burst, Assembly and Adhesive, there's also Lycanroc Dusk, Necrozma Dawn, Necrozma Dusk, and the 7th Hat Pikachu

so, thats a yes then

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Welcome to the shadow realm, Gigalith. They'll never find the body.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

More Alolan forms seemed like a no brainer, but I'll take more UB's instead.

I hope regional forms aren't one and done though, please Gamefreak.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

EthanSteele posted:

Welcome to the shadow realm, Gigalith. They'll never find the body.

I think it's awfully rude to take someone to a different dimension just to murder them. Not cool, Necrozma.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Blooming Brilliant posted:

NOPE

enjoy your extra dimention legendaries-that-arent-legendaries-because-theyre-from-another-dimension-and-common

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I still want a Water Arcanine and a Dark/Fire Arbok, But I’ll take my Pokédex being an official sidekick and my universe warping crystal parasite.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

I think it's awfully rude to take someone to a different dimension just to murder them. Not cool, Necrozma.

Yeah, that's Akuma's thing.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Geostomp posted:

I still want a Water Arcanine and a Dark/Fire Arbok, But I’ll take my Pokédex being an official sidekick and my universe warping crystal parasite.

We already have Suicune. Dark arbok seems good. Dark/poison maybe, or dark/fighting, if it were a constrictor type instead of cobra.

I would love some more Alolan forms, maybe of some non-gen1 pokemon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

too many dark alohan forms already and they've only done one batch

fairy koffing !!

electric dragonite !!

normal ponyta !!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Arollan Ponyta already exists, it's called Mudsbray

e: I will never correct my typos

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

How about

(and I know this is crazy)

Alola forms that aren't from Gen I?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Alolan Tyranitar better be a Steel/dark mecha Godzilla

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

oddium posted:

too many dark alohan forms already and they've only done one batch

fairy koffing !!

electric dragonite !!

normal ponyta !!

Steel/Electric Voltorb, Fairy Chansey, Grass/Fairy Oddish, Dragon Gyrados, Ghost Hypno. Bug/Fighting Mega Ledian, If we’re ready to leave gen 1.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There will be no more Alolan forms or mega evolutions. It's all Z-moves from here until the next generation.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hustlin Floh posted:

There will be no more Alolan forms or mega evolutions. It's all Z-moves from here until the next generation.

Booooooooooo.

I guess that's just the Gamefreak way though: throw a bunch of shirt at the wall, see what sticks, then ignore what sticks and move onto something else.

I'm just glad they haven't taken way getting to pick your gender and skin-color and being able to change clothes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dizz posted:

NOPE

enjoy your extra dimention legendaries-that-arent-legendaries-because-theyre-from-another-dimension-and-common

I will, thanks!

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

As expected, US codes don't work on PAL games. First person to post cute Mimikyu fanart gets the spare US Marshadow code Nth Doctor gave me. Hopefully I can get to a store and grab spare ones for my fellow EU goons.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

It'll be one and done like mega-evolutions were, I'm betting.

EDIT: no more z-moves after gen 7, either, is my bet. That's how gamefreak do.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

mycelia posted:

As expected, US codes don't work on PAL games. First person to post cute Mimikyu fanart gets the spare US Marshadow code Nth Doctor gave me. Hopefully I can get to a store and grab spare ones for my fellow EU goons.

https://twitter.com/monococonut/status/754511008916529153
I hope that this is cute enough an offering?

EDIT: Trying to use Twitter for linking is kind of a pain on mobile. So I’ll just link the source directly instead.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Z-moves on Necrozma-Wearing-Nebby-Skin seem to ignore abilities. They put it up against (probably) Sturdy Gigalith and Disguise Mimikyu, and I think that's very intentional.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Their signature moves already ignored abilities. Mimikyu’s Disguise has nothing on Sunsteel/Moongeist having Mold Breaker on them.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

LightningKimba posted:

https://twitter.com/monococonut/status/754511008916529153
I hope that this is cute enough an offering?

EDIT: Trying to use Twitter for linking is kind of a pain on mobile. So I’ll just link the source directly instead.

Works for me! Check your PMs.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Alolan Tyranitar better be a Steel/dark mecha Godzilla

He could shoot stuff out of his shoulder cannons and arm blaster things!

Steel/Ghost because he's built around the skeleton of the old Tyranitar could work too. Though that also flips him from most weaknesses to, I think, most resistances/immunities (12+4 weaknesses in Ground/Fire/Ghost/Dark) which is real rude. What would his ability and signature move be?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I imagine they won't be. It's an easy way to incorporate old pokemon into new dexes and still have them be unique and original especially as there's so much Pokemon now the amount of new mons per generation is slowing down.

Though I still think Mega Evolutions aren't done either. Just going to be things that are more prominent in remakes when you want to give stronger emphasis on old pokemon.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Gold and Silver's recent release on the VC seems like such an obvious tie in for some Gen II Alolan formes but Gamefreak does it's best to let me down with every new bit of prerelease info. Slowking-A to parallel Mega Slowbro, Stantler, Teddiursa/Phanpy, Sunkern, just loads of pokemon and their families that could use a new spin but nooOOOooo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am legitimately already surprised we got 3 new ultra beasts, I never really saw new Alola forms as that likely. Even true sequels like Black and White 2 didn't add completely new non-legendary pokemon to the dex. And regional forms basically act as new families of Pokemon, they've got new typing, abilities and movesets and everything. It's not the type of thing pokemon games usually expand on in 3rd versions.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

If I go to gamestop how do I get a code? Do I have to buy something?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, stuff like Mega Evolutions and form changes are practically new Pokemon anyway. If they play completely differently, they're a new Pokemon, regardless of whether they use an old one as a base.

Regional variants are the same.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean, stuff like Mega Evolutions and form changes are practically new Pokemon anyway. If they play completely differently, they're a new Pokemon, regardless of whether they use an old one as a base.

Regional variants are the same.

I mean with mega evolutions you don't need to come up with new movesets or refresh animations, or potential wild encounter rates or anything. So I think regional variants are a bit more involved.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How is that different from normal Evolutions? I mean, stuff like Dusknoir and Electivire only really added a few moves to the things they evolved from's repertoire, but no one's gonna say that's not a new Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ogmius815 posted:

If I go to gamestop how do I get a code? Do I have to buy something?

I don't think you have to, but the whole point of it is that you'll come into the store and buy something too. Just get a $10 Nintendo eShop card or something and blow it on some Virtual Console games.