Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bliggers- posted:

Oh yeah this millenial city dweller understands more about sustainability and the environment that the loving Natives.

You idiot.

what natives ? I live in Albania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

is the white lady ok

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Baby seal fur coats could be a thing again, if their meat were also to be used.

I for one would love to try some real deal seal veal.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Join the club

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
i like to seal meat inside my stomach, by eating it

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
OBAMA hosed with the ivory laws and now it's even more of a pain in the rear end than it used to be. Me and my friend circle of wealthy colonial governors are furious

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i just want one of those elephant leg umbrella holders

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I would eat a seal

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

gary oldmans diary posted:

sustainable food sources are the devil

by reliably propagating human existence this is true

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

walgreenslatino posted:

OBAMA hosed with the ivory laws and now it's even more of a pain in the rear end than it used to be. Me and my friend circle of wealthy colonial governors are furious

you joke but i literally just bought some ivory, it wasnt hard at all. it even comes with a certificate i guess that states it was "harvested" before it was illegal to do so or whatever

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Seal just tastes like fat and sea-salty/fishy musk. Do what I did and travel to a country where it's legal to eat seal and give it a try. Or make friends with indigenous people that eat it and be invited to try some I guess.

frogge fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 11, 2017

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

what does a penguin taste like

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Verisimilidude posted:

tv dinner mashed potatoes

it’s really weird

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I would guess it's like a cross between herring and duck.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Verisimilidude posted:

penguin

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oddly, seal has the exact same flavor and texture as the finest albacore tuna and its delicacy is prized and kept secret only to prevent it from being farmed off the market.

Once butchered, the entire animal is basically sashimi grade ahi tuna and can be eaten out of hand

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Big Beef City posted:

Oddly, seal has the exact same flavor and texture as the finest albacore tuna and its delicacy is prized and kept secret only to prevent it from being farmed off the market.

Once butchered, the entire animal is basically sashimi grade ahi tuna and can be eaten out of hand

I imagine a seal is mostly fat?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
gently caress all white women

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Jeff Sichoe posted:

gently caress all white women

working on it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mike12345 posted:

I imagine a seal is mostly fat?

sure pal, sure

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

white people are a real problem, we need to do away with the white menace, otherwise stuff like this will keep on happening

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
lol entitled white folk being lovely to native peoples. how rare

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

its no wonder, white society has been rigidly patriarchal and as we know, men are responsible for over 90% of the murders, terrorism etc, just look at crime statistics, if the perpetrator of protest was male he probably would have bombed the natives with smallpox germs

its time we finally confront the criminals in our species and herd whites and men into camps for immediate extermination

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
You can tell this is backfiring spectacularly for her because she refused to be interviewed by the CBC for the evening news.

When is the last time a vegan activist turned down an interview?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I'm ok at playing the ivories though I mostly got into the game to bash my head against them

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
The seal itself considers: raw, medium or well done?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I exclusively eat roadkill which is why the zoo has banned me from driving on their property anymore.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
i think hunting seals is fine but clubbing them to kill them is pretty strange. like a vet might say "oh it doesn't cause any pain" or wtvr, but like, can you just shoot it in the head or something instead of beating it to death? just for the sake of ur industry?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Former DILF posted:

its no wonder, white society has been rigidly patriarchal and as we know, men are responsible for over 90% of the murders, terrorism etc, just look at crime statistics, if the perpetrator of protest was male he probably would have bombed the natives with smallpox germs

its time we finally confront the criminals in our species and herd whites and men into camps for immediate extermination

Executive order 9069-420

Lakynn, Nayvin and Maylynn vs. United States

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 12, 2017

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Seal is okay, sea lion is a lot better though

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

fbsw posted:

i think hunting seals is fine but clubbing them to kill them is pretty strange. like a vet might say "oh it doesn't cause any pain" or wtvr, but like, can you just shoot it in the head or something instead of beating it to death? just for the sake of ur industry?

you gently caress up the coat and scare the other seals if you fire guns. They don't give a poo poo if you are standing there clubbing them they're like dodo birds its awesome.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Verisimilidude posted:

a slider

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

This fucker is just begging for a clubbing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

rezatahs posted:

tv dinner mashed potatoes

it’s really weird

If this was true, I would eat all the penguins. ALL OF THEM.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I feel like if vegans were truly dedicated, they would place themselves on menus to save the animals.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Big Beef City posted:

The tenderloin maybe, but most of the meat isn't so delicate. It's very salty. And ferrous, like liver. Definitely better cooked IMO.

Edit: Not necessarily cooked through, but with a nice sear, like tuna, as you mentioned.

Kasumeat fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 14, 2017

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it is lupus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

The tenderloin maybe, but most of the meat isn't so delicate. It's very salty. And ferrous, like liver. Definitely better cooked IMO.

Edit: Not necessarily cooked through, but with a nice sear, like tuna, as you mentioned.

I lived in Alaska and someone brought in seal meat stew to work. It stunk up a whole airplane hangar so bad we had to open up the door. It smelled like fish right before it gets rotten and right after it will give you scombroid.

I find these claims of magical seal meat very specious.

• Locked thread