Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

For everyone who watched Amanchu: Crunchyroll has just gotten a 13th episode of it up, probably an OVA episode of sorts. Haven't watched it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

nielsm posted:

For everyone who watched Amanchu: Crunchyroll has just gotten a 13th episode of it up, probably an OVA episode of sorts. Haven't watched it yet.

Yeah, it's an OVA. Been making the rounds on the torrent sites for a while. It's pretty good! Teko's friends visit and also are literally just Akari and Aika from Aria.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh, that doesn't sound familiar so I guess I haven't watched it after all. Cool!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

nielsm posted:

Oh that's super rad, I loved that show.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Moltrey posted:

I made the Juuni Taisen thread before bed last night and it's a weak OP im sorry

It's cool.

quote:

Juuni Taisen (12 Wars)
Graphinica | Hosoda, Naoto | Murai, Sadayuki | Action | Novel | Oct 3, 2017
The record of the bloody battle between the twelve proud warriors—
The 12th Twelve Tournament that gets held every twelve years…
Twelve brave warriors who bear the names of the signs of the zodiac fight each other for the lives and souls.
The participants are twelve very strange warriors: “Rat,” “Ox,” “Tiger,” “Rabbit,” “Dragon,” “Snake,” “Horse,” “Goat,” Monkey,” “Rooster,” “Dog,” and “Pig.”
The victor of this tournament gets to have one wish granted, whatever the wish may be.
The one wish they want granted—
Who will be the final survivor?
Whose tears will flow on the bloody battlefield filled with conspiracy and murder?
A soul-shaking battle royale is about to begin.
PV1 PV2
Thread

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's nice that they're getting all these OVAs

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, it's an OVA. Been making the rounds on the torrent sites for a while. It's pretty good! Teko's friends visit and also are literally just Akari and Aika from Aria.

It was good, including buttface cats.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

It's nice that they're getting all these OVAs

They even got the Gamers OVA and aired it immediately after the final episode for some reason.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

kater posted:

They even got the Gamers OVA and aired it immediately after the final episode for some reason.

Probably because you don't "air" OVAs? That's sort of the definition of an OVA...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Well someone should have stopped em then.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

....Why?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZubB22edw

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

kater posted:

I think that was an aired episode, just in the Amaburi pattern of having a chill episode where everyone's friends after the climax of their comedy's plot.

That said, they do occasionally grab OVA episodes when they're essential to the completion of their show's story. Nobody currently has Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko available for streaming as far as I can tell (the translation of the title makes for a difficult search), but that'd be a pretty good example. The main one that I'm thinking of was that they aired the final two episodes of ToLoveRu Darkness 2nd, which seem to have been the first two OVAs and completed several months after the rest of the show.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would've been cooler if this trend existed a handful of years ago when CROWDS aired :v:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

dogsicle posted:

it would've been cooler if this trend existed a handful of years ago when CROWDS aired :v:

If I'm not mistaken, for some reason the OVA with the real ending to season 1 was never licensed in the US at all. Really incomprehensible situation if so.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

esselfortium posted:

If I'm not mistaken, for some reason the OVA with the real ending to season 1 was never licensed in the US at all. Really incomprehensible situation if so.

Yea it sucks. Definitely pirate that the real ending owns.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think part of the change is that the licensors are getting involved earlier and earlier in the process so they can request these things before they're even made. In the past they would have to negotiate with the home video companies for OVAs and very rarely could they get a good deal.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Yea it sucks. Definitely pirate that the real ending owns.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

old man revenge anime was kewl

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kytrarewn posted:

Nobody currently has Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko available for streaming as far as I can tell (the translation of the title makes for a difficult search), but that'd be a pretty good example. .

I don't remember if anyone is streaming, but it was released in some format as Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl

e: Hulu had it, not now though as far as I can tell. Also because.moe seems not to work that well for me lately. Neither version showed up on their search.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I spent the whole week thinking Pingu in the City was claymation but it's really CG... I've been such a fool

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
nevermind i got it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davincie posted:

old man revenge anime was kewl
as someone who likes dogs and doesnt like sad old man, it was a Challenging Watch

but i do like cyborgs so Inuyashiki seems really cool! i havent read this or Gantz but I might look into both, seems neat!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Moltrey posted:

as someone who likes dogs and doesnt like sad old man, it was a Challenging Watch

but i do like cyborgs so Inuyashiki seems really cool! i havent read this or Gantz but I might look into both, seems neat!

Don't bother with Gantz.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'd personally stay away from Gantz, unless you really like sex and gore, but to each their own.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gantz was good until they decided to reveal the central mystery imo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gantz has some good parts but is not as a whole very good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
extremely noted, thank you gang. im A-OK with gore, but if it's just not gonna be satisfying or interesting, then nooo thank you. i hope inuyashiki is much better

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the worst things i've heard about inuyashiki are it hates young people and the art gets very low effort e.g. the artist using 3d models as backgrounds or filtered photos for backgrounds/objects. otherwise it's supposed to be good?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

An anime that hates young people sounds like a refreshing change of pace tbh

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

boomer spotted

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
there was absolutely a shot in the first episode that looked extremely like a photo yeah. There's also a bit of odd CG, but generally its fine

And just reading the premise on wikipedia gave me a gently caress Teens vibe, and the episode really hammers that in

interested to see where cyborg grandpa goes tho cause already it seems more sincere and human than whatever the gently caress this plot summary of gantz is telling me

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gantz is good until Okinawa and then it just nosedives and never recovers.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Gantz is good until Okinawa and then it just nosedives and never recovers.

i don't remember the details well enough to be sure but i'm going to assume this is when they killed the giant naked woman made of naked women

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i don't remember the details well enough to be sure but i'm going to assume this is when they killed the giant naked woman made of naked women

Yeah.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dogsicle posted:

Is it like....a fractal?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle posted:

okay but like

this is a cool sentence?? im into this?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah in a vacuum that sounds pretty neat

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That wasn't really why it got bad, it just happened in the same arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

teens are aids and fail

• Locked thread