Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is anyone else hearing something that sounds like a door slamming at random times during battles? Just started happening for me today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Aren't the basically legally unable to nerf things because of the gatcha system, or is that just a weird rumor that I keep hearing.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Aren't the basically legally unable to nerf things because of the gatcha system, or is that just a weird rumor that I keep hearing.

I don't know about that one specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised. Japan takes their gatchas seriously.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah, it's not illegal. It is, however, an extremely bad look. Things get nerfed all the times in games like this. Nerfing things just pisses people off a ton, which is why you usually see other things buffed before nerfs go out

The thing that is illegal is needing to get a set of gacha pulls to then earn a bonus or special thing. Like if you pull every cloud relic you get mega cloud who is way better and murders everyone. That practice, which is essentially hiding things behind a gacha paywell, is illegal.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 12, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

There's never actually been a nerf in this game so far, has there?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Prism posted:

Bugged how? Just curious; that was before my time.

If I'm thinking of the right battle, his AI was supposed to set all his actual attacks other then the basic Attack to only start his the third turn, but they missed his AoE Monk Kick, meaning he had a 90% or so chance to use it, decimating teams before buffs could go up.

I used Mako Might on Ramza's Tailwind (40% HP + Protectga) just to survive the opening.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Adel posted:

The new format for the create/hone abilities tab is amazing

What did they change with this? I don't notice anything different.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

The only one I'm aware of was that originally Yuna's BSB1's attack command was actuall White Magic rather than NAT, and was changed because supposedly you could stack RMs and the like in some fashion to make it way powerful for the time. Dunno how true that is though.

Fister Roboto posted:

Is anyone else hearing something that sounds like a door slamming at random times during battles? Just started happening for me today.

It's a bug in JP as well, far as I've been able to figure sometimes it just gets stuck making the initial activation sound for your Magicite every time you do an action, but it only gets to the door slam and not the "sheeen" sound when it actually goes off.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
These renewal dungeons gave me the earth resist accessory I needed for golem.

I switched out Gordon SSB for Lenna USB since he wasn't doing much and I was able to master it really easily.

I'm sorry for doubting you Lenna.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Holy poo poo, hundreds of free mythril is a pretty goddamn awesome surprise to wake up to.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
After spending most of the weeks stamina (minus EXP days) on actually opening the nightmare bosses, I'm finally down to just omega weapon. And I would've gotten him first try, but he KO'd Cloud phase 3 as he was charging the winning OSB.

Edit: and done. Time to bash my head against magicite

Mithross fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 12, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

me either

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ceaselessfuture posted:

Holy poo poo, hundreds of free mythril is a pretty goddamn awesome surprise to wake up to.

As great as the mythril is the accessories might legitimately be even more important. Get dat KO resist boy

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Heaven Spacey posted:

As great as the mythril is the accessories might legitimately be even more important. Get dat KO resist boy
I'd forgotten that I didn't quite finish off the Relics of Light event. Good to have it now.

I also missed a mastery in thsle other one, but I'm not too worried about the crafting upgrade stuff. I will run out of inventory space long before I run out of crafting materials.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

ceaselessfuture posted:

It's actually over a thousand if you're fairly new

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's something like that. Basically the idea is relics don't get changed because people who spent money pulling will feel as if they got cheated or didn't get what was advertised. Or so the idea goes. There's two specific examples of how this has actually influenced relics I recall.

First the generic 5* Soldier Breastplate. Back when it was first released relics were showcased at base un-upgraded stats, for whatever reason. The Soldier Breastplate was accidentally thrown up showcasing it's fully upgraded stats (but still showing 1/20). People got the thing, noticed its stats were far from what was shown and complained. So DeNA buffed the gear to where its stats were as advertised even thought it was a mistake. This made the Soldier Breastplate have stupidly incredibly high stats compared to any other item as a result.

Second is Yuffie's Crystal Cross, featuring her SSB The Gauntlet. It was accidentally released where The Gauntlet only took 10k EXP to master like old Uniques instead of the standard 30k for SSB and beyond. Rather than fix it and make a bunch of people complain about something stupid, they just left it as is. This came over the same way in global, so it's the only SSB that has Ninja Learning Speed in the game. :v:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Beasteh posted:

I've only been on for three months or so :suspense:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Beasteh posted:

Mind, that's assuming they give us all the old events - they probably won't.

Also, a lot of the really, really old events were absurdly stingy with mythril rewards. It wasn't until about the time we got boss rushes, I don't think, that we got a mythril every stage - so the Tidus event, which was 5th or 6th out the door.. (I could be wrong, though, there.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

pichupal posted:

If I'm thinking of the right battle, his AI was supposed to set all his actual attacks other then the basic Attack to only start his the third turn, but they missed his AoE Monk Kick, meaning he had a 90% or so chance to use it, decimating teams before buffs could go up.

I used Mako Might on Ramza's Tailwind (40% HP + Protectga) just to survive the opening.
Yep, it was that. In my case I didn't even have a non-shared medica yet (I think I got Ovelia's SSB1 in time for Mobius?), so dealing with the back-to-back AoE was an absolute nightmare.

Nowadays we're spoiled for choice (I have five healing BSBs by now), but in the earlier days of FFRK (even a year or so ago, when I joined) we didn't have nearly that same breadth of tools. Stacking buffs, several different ways to blunt damage, backlash damage from Radiant Shield, EX modes from USBs...all comparitively new.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Mind, that's assuming they give us all the old events - they probably won't.

Also, a lot of the really, really old events were absurdly stingy with mythril rewards. It wasn't until about the time we got boss rushes, I don't think, that we got a mythril every stage - so the Tidus event, which was 5th or 6th out the door.. (I could be wrong, though, there.)

Yeah, my guess would be we get two, maybe three events per realm. Even still that's a hefty hunk of bonus Mythril, especially for someone like me who bailed after a month or two and came back just before G5.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

If you're referring to my post, I meant the abilities themselves (maybe back to what they are today). I don't think they can nerf actual relics or their effects, but abilities aren't really gacha based. Considering how strong the ninja abilities are now, they're pretty ridiculous in the future. I'm not predicting a nerf, but I wouldn't be shocked. Since you don't even really need relics to use those abilities to crush content (though it helps), it's probably in their best interest to ensure that people would actually want to target the ninja USBs.

Note: the potency of the abilities is only from what I've read or seen in vids, not first hand experience.

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, my guess would be we get two, maybe three events per realm. Even still that's a hefty hunk of bonus Mythril, especially for someone like me who bailed after a month or two and came back just before G5.

If I could wind up with even like 100 extra mythril from all this, I'd be totally stoked with Tidus and FFTA banners coming up.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Has anyone else been having issues doing multiplayer lately? I'm not going to be able to get my final Omega kill in or these Dissidia MP fights if this keeps up. I've disconnected from over a dozen battles today as soon as it loads in. (And of course the one that I got into wiped in like 3 turns)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I have no idea why they'd feel like they have to nerf something in a completely cooperative/single-player experience.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Alxprit posted:

I have no idea why they'd feel like they have to nerf something in a completely cooperative/single-player experience.

If something that's not available to everyone is a huge outlier in terms of power then you end up basically having a split player base where it's impossible to balance for both types of players. You could kind of see this happening with Wall but there were other solutions to that.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Fister Roboto posted:

Maybe I’m the idiot, I haven’t crafted or honed any abilities in a long time and just didn’t notice/forgot they’d categorized everything :shobon:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Several, actually.

• Tiny Bee was nerfed; cmd1 was WHT for like a day after release, it's now NAT.
  • Ninja magic used to use the normal magic softcap, now the ninja magic softcap is ~370 magic.
  • When the game started, no bosses resisted or were immune to breaks.
  • Several abilities can no longer target player characters so that they can't be used to get multi-hit Retaliates.

There are others, but that's a good enough sampling to start with. Nothing has been nerfed into the ground, but DeNA isn't afraid to change things if they need to.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Zurai posted:

Several, actually.

• Tiny Bee was nerfed; cmd1 was WHT for like a day after release, it's now NAT.
  • Ninja magic used to use the normal magic softcap, now the ninja magic softcap is ~370 magic.
  • When the game started, no bosses resisted or were immune to breaks.
  • Several abilities can no longer target player characters so that they can't be used to get multi-hit Retaliates.

There are others, but that's a good enough sampling to start with. Nothing has been nerfed into the ground, but DeNA isn't afraid to change things if they need to.

The bosses resisting seems like something added, not something nerfed. Calling this a nerf is like calling a boss' immunity to fire a nerfing of fire spells.

And the retaliate thing? I'm amazed they haven't just said "retaliate isn't supposed to work like that" and have retaliating characters stop attacking enemies when attacked by player characters.

Ninja thing I guess? Seems like balancing to make it work well given how it's completely different from normal magic, what with ignoring resistance. Probably shouldn't have been tied to normal magic softcap in the first place.

The tiny bees thing sure, it's a nerf. It'd still be a terrible relic even without the nerf, I guess that was just the nail in the coffin to dissuade anyone from using it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Beasteh posted:

Man.... I can't help but be really jealous of new players with such a huge influx of mythril on new power-creeped G5 banners. Even if it was only two events per realm average for 15 realms, that's 300 mythril for going into some insanely good banners.

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, it happens all the time in my JP version, so maybe I haven't really noticed it in global yet. It seems to occur randomly when pressing command buttons.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Dear JP friends,

Are there any big fests we should save for, or can I safely spend mythril on the two FFT events, and any other nice banner that shows up? I know there's 3rd anniversary, but I've heard mixed reports on quality.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Dena does overall mechanic nerfs as opposed to individual item/relic/ability nerfs. That's why we got attack soft cap lowered etc... It's because tauntilate + Luneth SB was super powerful for its time.

Another thing they do is simply create another level of difficulty to invalidate previous meta strategies that are powerful. This is how we got Magicite dungeons. Because it doesn't matter how awesome your broken strat is at endgame -1. It only matters at the end game in gamer's minds.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How is tiny bee using NAT instead of white a nerf?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is tiny bee using NAT instead of white a nerf?

My guess is that WHT is buffed by MND and NAT isn't?

Other than that not sure.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
It could theoretically be boosted by, say, dual cast white mage materia whereas as a NAT it cant.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I just realized tomorrow I can grab that second Gigas Armlet I missed with the FFII Renewal Dungeons :toot:. Liking the opportunity to grab all these old accessories, and triple resist is a particularly good one.

I'm hoping they'll rerelease the 5 Dooms event too. I fully cleared it but I know a lot of people didn't - and all those job motes would be really nice for people to get.

Also I heard the Brass de Bravo events might be coming? Now that I have a relic for every Bard but Gogo V, I want more motes. The buffing bard songs will be great for Magicite too - Sarah, Deuce and Edward will love to have them.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Yeah, re-releasing the Five Dooms event would be pretty huge for new players. It would just figure if one of the only things Global ever does that JP didn't is re-release the Five Dooms, when I don't need it in Global but do in JP.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Dear JP friends,

Are there any big fests we should save for, or can I safely spend mythril on the two FFT events, and any other nice banner that shows up? I know there's 3rd anniversary, but I've heard mixed reports on quality.

We might get a Chain-related banner set for December, and if you're looking to sub-30 4* Magicites down the road they're very very helpful for that.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
The announcement about Renewal Dungeons specifically said that only a "portion" of past events would reoccur. I'd say the odds aren't so good for Parade Float.

Kinda wish JP had this event after the 30th Anniversary festival too, because I missed a lot of events there. :(

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Given my relic collection here (google doc, there are tabs for the elements at the end) what would be a good magicite to start at?

I've been attempting Sealion with an entrust bot for Terra's USB OSB combo, and it feels like I'm just not quite there. It doesn't help I don't have a +fire mage weapon. It does feel like I could get it if the stars aligned, but I wanted to see if anyone thought a different magicite would be an easier start. I'm currently using Raines for the fight just because he has my other faithga that's worth a drat (I have braska's but... braska. Also Braska isn't really leveled.). Maybe swap him for a Alph's radiant shield?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got a 3/11 for the XV banner: Prompto SSB, Noct LMR, Aranea BSB.

Would have loved more things from it (any of Noct SSB/Iris BSB/Prompto BSB/USB would have been much appreciated), but that's something for the entire cast now at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

RagnarokAngel posted:

It could theoretically be boosted by, say, dual cast white mage materia whereas as a NAT it cant.

NAT can't be countered so..... *runs off screen. Car peeling out noise*

• Locked thread