Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which NBA player is the most disappointing to you, personally?

Chris Copeland scored 65 pts in his last two games as a Knick (32+33) then never got within 10 pts of either of those games (IND high of 21, pts, 7/8 of his top scoring games came on the Knicks). I'd hoped he could at least be a bench dude for a few more years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Counterpoint: if you're going to go to Miami why not just go to California and skip the humidity and Heat fans. Ask yourself: do you think Lavar Ball is A a douche bag who is the worst humanity can produce or B a genius marketing troll who generates business in an enviable fashion?

If you answer B then maybe the Lakers are for you. Sure you'll be hated but with your fellow fans you'll be laughing all the way to the Pussy Bank. This also works for USC.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Carlosologist posted:

I mean, I don't see how Draymond's wrong here. good to see he's at least embracing full heel

Way better than KD's approach

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Derrick Coleman.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

Like every time Embiid breaks wind and not a foot you get a Goo from the Goon chorus.

Goos are freely given to those deserving

EvanTH posted:

For me the NBA's most overrated player right now is probably John Wall. A barely top 45ish player shouldn't have a supermax contract.

Mike Conley might be the most underrated, if it's not Jokic. He's right there with Lowry for the league's 4th best PG.

Picking the bottom of either conference is impossible.

Agreed with basically everything here. John Wall somehow has a reputation amongst a lot of fans as "really good on defense" but Isaiah took him apart pretty readily last year on a bum hip. That's my proof

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ooh I like this. Either Jeff Green or James Young

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Dejan Bimble posted:

Okafor, easily. What a waste. I mean we knew he wasn't going to be great defensively coming out of college but he just seems so worthless on the floor (and off) at all times.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I'm kinda leaning towards the timberwolves. They seem like they're having a fresh start and I like their new outfit

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Kwame Brown has to be up there.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wasn't Anthony Randolph supposed to be the next big thing and he just lacked the basketball IQ to cut it in the NBA?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I'm kinda leaning towards the timberwolves. They seem like they're having a fresh start and I like their new outfit

That's a decent choice. Your first research project is to search stat sheets, box scores, and watch a few games and ask yourself: Is Andrew Wiggins good?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Zoran Dragic

I used to watch the Slovenia in the Eurobasket and somehow got it in my head that he could be a serviceable bench player. Oh well lol

I did get to see this in person though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uZiS_hH9F8

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

WhyteRyce posted:

You guys should actually be populating Dejan's Meet The Team thread and directing new fans that way

Meet the team!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3836979

Don't be a Pacer fan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's a decent choice. Your first research project is to search stat sheets, box scores, and watch a few games and ask yourself: Is Andrew Wiggins good?

*unfollows Nate Silver

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Most dissapointing of recent years for me is Mario Hezonja by a long way. 6'8", plus wingspan, fluid athlete who shot 40% from three in Europe and had the ability to create his own shot? I thought his absolute floor would be a volume scoring sixth man, a bigger Eric Gordon type, with an upside of multiple All-Star. But he's just been pure garbage. After the first season it was easy to blame Scott Skiles or the Orlando staff for somehow ruining or misusing him, but he was straight trash last year too whenever he got minutes. The only reason he hasn't been waived yet is his draft position.

In 960 minutes last year he had a WS/48 of -0.033. Yes, minus. It is really, really difficult to be that bad.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Some good posting today, I can tell who really put on 20lbs of posting muscle this offseason.

I feel like Royce White is a big fat disappointment, I'd have to dig deeper to figure out who is actually the most disappointing but I read some interview with him like a year ago where he's still blaming everyone else for his unwillingness to play basketball. Actually that whole crop of Rockets rookies (Motiejunas, Parsons, Jones) was ill-fated for various reasons.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

[b]Charlotte Hornets:
Historic players to know:

LARRY JOHNSON

AKA

GRANDMAMA

(yes I know he disowned the team but that commercial is great)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thbUkBW_ftM

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jahlil Okafor is profoundly disappointing

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was always a big lug who threw around his body to get points under the bucket then he got to the NBA and suddenly dudes look down on him. Plus his face is always a disappointment.

edit: should have taken Kristaps and played him alongside Embiid, the sexiest timeline

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 12, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Okafor is big for the NBA

He's just profoundly basketball dumb

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Beasley sticks out for me.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

They'll be a fun team, though on offense they will likely score by just beating the crap out of the defense. That can be fun and effective, but its sometimes an acquired taste. They have lots of fun stars and are deep with unique players. Plus, its honestly a crapshoot on how they will do. They might be under .500, they might be the 5th best team in the West.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

the mean lunch lady posted:

Wow, forgetting Fat Lever in the historic Nuggets players category

AND robert pack

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
as someone who watched Frank the Tank tear poo poo up while living in Madison, I'm sad he's basically a goofball reserve now

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Brolander posted:

as someone who watched Frank the Tank tear poo poo up while living in Madison, I'm sad he's basically a goofball reserve now

He'd at least have some small value if he could consistently hit thees but he can't even do that

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

chunkles posted:

I feel like Royce White is a big fat disappointment, .

You mean the reigning MVP of the National Basketball League of Canada?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

And get hosed Tracy McGrady

I laughed

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

chunkles posted:

I feel like Royce White is a big fat disappointment, I'd have to dig deeper to figure out who is actually the most disappointing but I read some interview with him like a year ago where he's still blaming everyone else for his unwillingness to play basketball. Actually that whole crop of Rockets rookies (Motiejunas, Parsons, Jones) was ill-fated for various reasons.

Me and a friend were planning on a field trip to go see him play in London (Ontario) this spring, which is where he somehow ended up playing for a Canadian league called the NBL. Just to be clear, Canadians generally don't know this league exists either, even people who live in cities with teams in it. It's that level of podunk. The average salary in the NBL is uh, about 12 grand. Although he's probably still living off his rookie contract money.

Anyways, he was the league MVP and led the team to the championship, so apparently he can play better than Canadian ex-college athletes who are doing it as a side hustle while delivering pizzas.

e: dokmo beat me to it, gently caress.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Anthony Randolph

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Do you have an opinion about Rubio? You'll need to get one to be accepted by the fanbase. And it'd better be the One True Opinion.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i forgot anthony randolph existed. He really was a disappointment.

from a recent Rockets pov, Motiejunas is probably the young player i actually thought had something that went no where.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Paracaidas posted:

Anthony Randolph

Do you have an opinion about Rubio? You'll need to get one to be accepted by the fanbase. And it'd better be the One True Opinion.

Exactly you need to know that both Rubio and Dunn suck

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Michael Beasley
Justise Winslow in another year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Mitch Mcgary

He looked really good his rookie year then smoked himself out of the nba. HE SMOKED HIMSELF OUT OF THE NBA

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

everytime i watch channing frye play i am astounded that he is somehow easily the tallest and longest player on the court but completely incapable of grabbing a rebound or bothering anyones shot, even the tiniest person on the court can just put it right over him its baffling. are you made of flesh channing, do you exist on this plane or do you phase out of this reality momentarily when the ball comes off the rim or when someone throws a jump shot up near you. i see your hands right in their face youd think it would do something but it doesnt.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

I had such hopes for Adreian Payne but he should just go to Europe at this point. At least Gary Harris is turning out to be good.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I really wanted Brandon Jennings to be good

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Bruno.......

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Nik Stauskas has been super disappointing

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Don't listen to this, the Pacers are capital F Fun! gently caress me...

I know I'm a page late in wine chat, but a friend of mine has a restaurant in Napa that players enjoy frequenting. Last summer, LBJ rolls in with Wade and CP3 to the private dining room, the waiter asks if they would like to pick the music, and they say, "naw we got this", and bust out their own Beats Pill that they travel with. And then spend like $50k on wine. Oh to be rich.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bashez, when you get back, please stop defending nazi's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Dejan Bimble posted:

Antoine walker 100% Favorite player on early 2000 celtics, ate/gambled him self out of the league. Could pass, rebound and play decent defense. Loved 3 pointers even more then steph curry.

Gave us http://thescore.tumblr.com/post/30049059987/gif-antoine-walker-gets-his-shimmy-on
so i guess it's not all bad. :smith:

• Locked thread