Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

teens are incredibly powerful and will destroy us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Teens are the future and to be feared as such

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That wasn't really why it got bad, it just happened in the same arc.

it felt like the 'powerlevels' went up like 3 tiers within the nurarihyon fight alone

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm excited for the spooky collection

and for like 4-5 other things that season, gunna be a good one

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that 👏 anthology 👏 anime 👏 is 👏 going 👏 to 👏 loving 👏 rule 💀💀💀💀

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 13, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I made a thread for Kekkai Sensen S2.

re: Gantz. That series had such a good/creepy setup and then it all just started going to poo poo. Even moreso than the anime original ending somehow!

Oh poo poo I had completely forgotten this was going to be a thing. Super hyped for spoopy show.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/hakumikotv/status/918644657281576960

Spooky collection and tiny forest life in the same season :toot:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New Threads!

quote:

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond (Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond )
BONES | Takayanagi, Shigehito | Kamo, Yasuko | Action, Super Power, Supernatural, Vampire, Fantasy | Manga | Oct 8, 2017
Second season of Kekkai Sensen.
PV
Thread

quote:

Inuyashiki
MAPPA | Satou, Keiichi ; Yabuta, Shuuhei | Seko, Hiroshi | Action, Sci-Fi, Psychological, Drama | Manga | Oct 13, 2017
Inuyashiki Ichirou is down on his luck. While only 58 years old, his geriatric looks often have him written off as a pathetic old man by the world around him and he's constantly ignored and disrespected by his family despite all that he's done to support them. On top of everything else, his doctor has revealed that he has cancer and it appears that he has little time left in this world. But just when it seems things couldn't get any worse, a blinding light in the night sky strikes the earth where Ichirou stands. He later wakes up to find himself unscathed, but he soon starts to notice that there's something... different about himself. However, it turns out that these strange, new changes are just what Ichirou needs to take a new lease on life and now it seems like there's nothing to stop him from being a hero worthy of the respect that he never had before... unless, that is, there was someone else out there with these same changes...
PV
Thread

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Gantz is good until Okinawa and then it just nosedives and never recovers.

Okinawa...
You disgust me you faux Gantz reader
(If you're talking about Nurarihyon, it's Osaka)

Also, I say Osaka was fun. The worst is when Gantz goes global and the absolute nadir of the series had to be the self-indulgent philosophical ramblings spoken by GantzHitler and GantzGhandi. Ghantzdi?

e:have a collage of faces from Gantz's absolute worst loving chapter

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 13, 2017

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't believe I got Osaka and Okinawa confused. Whoops!

But yeah I should clarify that it was the last good arc, not that it got bad when they got there.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't believe I got Osaka and Okinawa confused. Whoops!

But yeah I should clarify that it was the last good arc, not that it got bad when they got there.

Oh, haha
I completely agree with that. It was a pretty fun ride while it was still mostly just action and violence. Then he decided to make it more "intellectual"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Just Because! rules because the teens spend the entire episode bored and sad and then they start a LINE chat and it looks like this.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah, I have no idea where Just Because! is going but the character designs are cute and I love the LINE chats so I'm gonna stick with it and see where it goes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Oh, so Soichi is showing up? Guess they decided to mix in a little levity, then.

Also, it's probably too long for an anthology, but an animated version of Uzumaki would be wild.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Just Because is still pretty nice and pleasant

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh, so Soichi is showing up? Guess they decided to mix in a little levity, then.

Also, it's probably too long for an anthology, but an animated version of Uzumaki would be wild.

I just read uzumaki this past week and spent the time i wasn't being grossed out imagining how much it would own if madhouse or studio bones animated it

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I watched Land of the Lustrous, and it was very nice. Very pretty, especially the backgrounds and the shadows of their translucent gem hair. The cg was really solid, aside from the somewhat awkward walking (which may have been intentional?).

Maybe there are good shows this season besides the idol shows???

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I watched Land of the Lustrous, and it was very nice. Very pretty, especially the backgrounds and the shadows of their translucent gem hair. The cg was really solid, aside from the somewhat awkward walking (which may have been intentional?).

Maybe there are good shows this season besides the idol shows???

That depends. Is Juuni Taisen an idol show?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I just finished the second episode of King's Game and it's aggressively bad. The characters are unlikeable and act in completely contradictory and nonsensical ways. The animation is stiff and the character designs generic to the point of ennui. All we learn in the second episode is just how unlikeable the characters are and how inescapable their dooms are, which I guess is entertaining for some people? For me though, it's just terrible. But it's a terrible thing that I can't stop watching. I wonder if there's a word for that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

trainwreck

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

signing a blank post... that's powerful

kater
Nov 16, 2010

King's Game reminds me of The Lost Village from a year or so ago. Never finished that, did it turn out cool? Last I remembered was the main character running away from a Macy's Parade float, which sounds pretty cool to me.

King's Game sucks.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

kater posted:

King's Game reminds me of The Lost Village from a year or so ago. Never finished that, did it turn out cool? Last I remembered was the main character running away from a Macy's Parade float, which sounds pretty cool to me.

King's Game sucks.

I've forgotten how it ended, but I think it was really dumb.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

kater posted:

King's Game sucks.

I would never call it good, or recommend it to anyone, but I'm amused enough by it to continue watching for the time being. I thought the plot of this week's flashback was interesting, as well: We'll trade you the ability to give an enforced order for making your girlfriend cheat on you"

They're not doing a good job at the characterization of the current class- if they'd put more emphasis on the You were willing to unilaterally let me die rather than asking me if I'd be willing to kiss you aspect of the situation, I'd be much happier with the writing, since the current crisis's buildup was just loving weird.

At any rate, I have higher hopes for it than I do "Live or eviL", not that that's saying much.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

kater posted:

King's Game sucks.

Lost Village kept its weird, bone-dry sense of humour to the end. The big plot-explaining infodump, for instance, was delivered over a lovingly-animated sequence of a minor, supposedly-dead character picking his nose. If you dug that, feel free to watch the rest.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Lost Village has some of my legit favorite episodes of anything ever but after the halfway point it overexplains itself and fuzzes out. I will always treasure the opening scene where they pass the microphone around the bus, though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That first episode was extremely strong

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

it owned because people in the thread couldn't tell it was a comedy so you constantly got posts complaining about it being stupid/not scary

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I know Black Clover has its own thread, but who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to put an entire filler episode into the SECOND SHOW of the season?

It wasn't even good filler, it was like 15 minutes of pointless flashback and 1 minute of protagonist resolve.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

an actual dog posted:

The Lost Village has some of my legit favorite episodes of anything ever but after the halfway point it overexplains itself and fuzzes out. I will always treasure the opening scene where they pass the microphone around the bus, though.

That's the thing- I put Mayoiga into a completely different box than something like a King's Game. I'd group it with shows like Working (insert amazing characters, apply minimal stimulus, watch situation spiral out of control) which is a structure that I enjoy much more than I probably should and has caused me to consider shows more highly than they could ever possibly deserve on their merits.

King's Game seems to lack the amazing characters to make that work, and instead probably relies on contrived plot twists and machinations regarding the orders and their consequences.

Yeah, they both might be B-horrors, but in completely different ways.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

NEET MMO woman remains cute and funny on second episode, a keeper.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I liked today's Kino's Journey quite a bit. Show's pushing a lot of buttons anime hasn't pressed for me since Mushishi. Hope that continues.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the second episode of girls' last tour was even better than the first. it's doing a really fantastic job communicating its world just through chi and yuu and how they interact with it, it's funny how since they already have an understanding of how the world as they know it works, the only things they question are things they haven't grown up around, like fish and the sea, and even with chi being the smart one the only understanding she has of simple questions like why the sky is blue are just sayings that people passed around before everything went to hell

also the op and ed both own

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I liked today's Kino's Journey quite a bit. Show's pushing a lot of buttons anime hasn't pressed for me since Mushishi. Hope that continues.

you should watch the original, i think it would push those buttons even more. plus, the way they cover the colosseum stuff in the original is really fantastic and it's kind of funny seeing it rushed through so fast in the new one just so they can introduce the important characters for later stuff

e; not to say anything negative about the new kino, the first ep was really good and it doesn't sound like going over colosseum again was really their choice

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 13, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
MMO Junkie rules and I'll make a thread if the third episode is as good and I'm not beaten to it.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 13, 2017

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Mayoiga was fun but, yeah, kinda sputtered out near the end, so much so that although I was certain it was a comedy early on, by the end I thought it might just be incompetent.

You might say it failed in the... execution.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just make the thread now, if you've liked the two good episodes enough to consider making a thread.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Moltrey posted:

What's the deal with the candle headband? I haven't seen that since a character wore it in ranma 1/2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

What's the deal with the candle headband? I haven't seen that since a character wore it in ranma 1/2.

Here you go.

• Locked thread