Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

wandler20 posted:

Any Panthers guys heard of a Larry Webster? A DE the Bucs just added to the PS.

athletic DE, not strong enough and not technical enough to ever actually see the field. Would be an interesting PS guy if he wasn't 27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
we will never forget you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHzFOclLuM

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thank goodness he's gone.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Screw the Panthers and all but it doesn't feel right to see what happened to Luke. Football bs aside, I just hope he seriously thinks about his quality of life beyond his career. I hope he hangs them up for his own good but I don't think he does.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

Screw the Panthers and all but it doesn't feel right to see what happened to Luke. Football bs aside, I just hope he seriously thinks about his quality of life beyond his career. I hope he hangs them up for his own good but I don't think he does.

He won't. He'll be out there as soon as he's allowed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

He won't. He'll be out there as soon as he's allowed.

That's what I'm thinking as well. We're going to see Luke die on the field, aren't we? :ohdear:

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Luke continues the line of great but broken Panthers linebackers like Dan Morgan and Jon Beason.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Looking at the injury again it just looks so benign, like more of a neck/shoulder concern than a head injury; I'm hoping it's just heavily precautionary because of his history.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I don't think you go into the concussion protocol as a precautionary measure. I think you go into it because you have a concussion, I don't think they allow for a middle ground.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

I don't think you go into the concussion protocol as a precautionary measure. I think you go into it because you have a concussion, I don't think they allow for a middle ground.

Yeah.

Also, at what point to doctors basically pull the rug out from under a player and say no more? Do they have that jurisdiction to take the players career out of their hands? Ultimately, it's the player's decision to play or not isn't it?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Yeah.

Also, at what point to doctors basically pull the rug out from under a player and say no more? Do they have that jurisdiction to take the players career out of their hands? Ultimately, it's the player's decision to play or not isn't it?

Having looked into it (:smith:) there's no deadline on protocol timelines; once you're in you have to be cleared to get out, and if you never get cleared.....

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

oldskool posted:

Having looked into it (:smith:) there's no deadline on protocol timelines; once you're in you have to be cleared to get out, and if you never get cleared.....

Interesting. So they could choose to never clear him, with the background intent of saving whatever is left of his future, and there is nothing he could do about it and his career be over? I wonder if the NFLPA would take issue with that? If player x says he is fine and wants to play, but doctor y and z say uh uh, does player x have a case?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Beasley, Schraeder, Allen, Bryant are all in for Sunday though Beasley will be on a snap count.

Mo and Upshaw are out. Sounds like they will be back for next week potentially though.

Thank god Schraeder is back, Matt has had happy feet since he went out.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Interesting. So they could choose to never clear him, with the background intent of saving whatever is left of his future, and there is nothing he could do about it and his career be over? I wonder if the NFLPA would take issue with that? If player x says he is fine and wants to play, but doctor y and z say uh uh, does player x have a case?

Would probably end up in court in that case, which would likely focus on whether that sort of contract stipulation is reasonable (it is) and then whether the medical assessment is sound.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
One man's struggle against the perception of Carolina fans being the wine and cheese crowd

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaLOjrmHkBd/?taken-by=seangirvan

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Arzakon posted:

One man's struggle against the perception of Carolina fans being the wine and cheese crowd

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaLOjrmHkBd/?taken-by=seangirvan

What a piece of poo poo.

Also the tubby guy next to him yells "Dad" and just points at the guy? I would have gone feral if some dude started randomly punching my dad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

What a piece of poo poo.

Also the tubby guy next to him yells "Dad" and just points at the guy? I would have gone feral if some dude started randomly punching my dad.

Violence has an odd effect on people.

Most people think they'd be in the thick of It but most people just freeze and pull an odd face like they don't know what's happening and then get light headed from the adrenaline.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Falcons cut Brian Hill already... so much for that 5th round pick. Oh well he will probably make it to the practice squad because he's bad.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Falcons getting a head start on that 4th quarter collapse today. Sweet!

Why this team cannot play a full 4 quarters will never cease to amaze me...

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Falcons getting a head start on that 4th quarter collapse today. Sweet!

Why this team cannot play a full 4 quarters will never cease to amaze me...

Just thinking the exact same thing.

lol interception as I typed this.

EDIT - lol roughing. loving hell. How many yards given up in two plays on penalties?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Serotonin posted:

Just thinking the exact same thing.

lol interception as I typed this.

EDIT - lol roughing. loving hell. How many yards given up in two plays on penalties?

Morons. Seriously. loving pathetic quarter.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
In other news the Saints no longer have the worst defense in the league, and it's not just because someone else dared to be worse.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

There is a very real chance that the Saints will be abound .500 for the first time since 2013.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

FFS another penalty. Why did I pick this trash team.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Serotonin posted:

FFS another penalty. Why did I pick this trash team.

Still room on the Saints bandwagon!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Lol this team

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Ridiculous.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There is a very real chance that the Saints will be abound .500 for the first time since 2013.

45-10 so far, and the Saints D looks legit.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Serotonin posted:

Ridiculous.

One of these years Im going to learn my lesson and just :sever:

It needs to happen soon, I'm so tired of this.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

45-10 so far, and the Saints D looks legit.

I’ve been fooled before.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
“I’m not going to be a fan anymore, I’m so tired of this”, says Falcons fan, 9 month after team was in the Super Bowl

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

“I’m not going to be a fan anymore, I’m so tired of this”, says Falcons fan, 9 month after team was in the Super Bowl

loving :laffo:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yup

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’ve been fooled before.

I'm optimistic. They're getting sloppy now though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
aaaaaaaaaaaand Atlanta is trash.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

We counted out Clutch Cutler.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Super Bowl hangover is real.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaand Atlanta is trash.

Yep. Think at the very least I'm taking next week off. Take the family somewhere fun. I just can't keep investing time and energy to this team. A good thing I suppose to come out of this.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/919654595634323458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Where have I seen that before?

:thunk:

• Locked thread