Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Efexeye posted:

a hundred people drop from a plane on to a big map and find equipment with which to kill each other and work to be the last one standing as poison gas closes in on the play area from the outside

that sounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

that sounds cool

yeah it's pretty okay but it's still EA jank, too

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It’s good in the sense that you can find another match pretty much instantaneously, but being decent at the game takes practice and a little bit of commitment. Being good requires being an rear end in a top hat to everyone else.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s good in the sense that you can find another match pretty much instantaneously, but being decent at the game takes practice and a little bit of commitment. Being good requires being an rear end in a top hat to everyone else.

Everything but the last sentence is true, being an rear end in a top hat just makes you an rear end in a top hat. You might have better stats but people like entwo, jock, and spartacus are much easier to learn from and are actually fun to play with. Juniper has better stats than you and plays with bads much more often and is hilarious and encouraging.

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?
I'm pretty sure he means being an rear end in a top hat to everyone else not in your squad, at the very least squad members can take hits instead of you so they're sort of like extra armour. Anything they do that isnt literally shooting/meleeing you or running you over, you can use in keeping yourself alive.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Bhodi posted:

Re: the wiggle, 45 speed seems to be the best speed for distance so just mash w at a rate that keeps you about that speed

Going to try that chute trick, all I know is you'll get extra drop if you're going 234 (max speed) on pop so you need to fly over then start facing down long before the pop to build up speed

e:234

The guy who did all the long distance chute testing said about 20 was the optimal speed for max distance.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Thanks for the advice everyone. Running reshade helps, and I wasn't a complete basket case today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKIYW9_F90S-wvd4MACpTANroz-KXyJbHCO-IdpN2ek/edit?usp=sharing

I kept a better log this time. I'm getting much better landings at school, but there are so many people dropping there that I had a game where every loot spot I ran to has someone looting it.

Edit: The worst game was where I missed the drop, went apartments, stalked a guy I never saw, looted the care package, and died while holding the Grouser to a guy that was camping in the blue area. Hit nothing the entire round.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

daslog posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone. Running reshade helps, and I wasn't a complete basket case today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKIYW9_F90S-wvd4MACpTANroz-KXyJbHCO-IdpN2ek/edit?usp=sharing

I kept a better log this time. I'm getting much better landings at school, but there are so many people dropping there that I had a game where every loot spot I ran to has someone looting it.

Edit: The worst game was where I missed the drop, went apartments, stalked a guy I never saw, looted the care package, and died while holding the Grouser to a guy that was camping in the blue area. Hit nothing the entire round.

If you are landing at school with a ton of other people, and you don't land literally on top of a gun, just jump off the side of the roof (ideally onto one of the awnings so you don't take damage) and go loot something downstairs.

Then once you have a gun, start hunting and use the third person camera to peek every corner. The crouch+jump through the first floor windows is especially useful for the school.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Or just don't land school. Landing with a bunch of other people around is a huge dice roll. Early game jank is real. I've died because loot didn't load for me even though I was first on the ground.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
cashed out my stack of gamescom crates. way in the black now so pubg is a free game and then some.

might regret it later if prices keep climbing but whatever, im never going to get diablo 3 levels of cash from this game anyway.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Winning the school fight is really satisfying though and its easy to come out with 5+ kills if you get a gun early and shoot dudes.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I enjoy being an rear end in a top hat to people not on my squad. Using their downed team member as bait? Sure. Running towards gunshots and killing the winner as they are looting? Sounds fun to me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Zo posted:

cashed out my stack of gamescom crates. way in the black now so pubg is a free game and then some.

might regret it later if prices keep climbing but whatever, im never going to get diablo 3 levels of cash from this game anyway.

Yeah, between these and the Twitch stuff (and random other clothing I've opened), I am at $35. I've bought a couple games with this so far. Works for me!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Just won a squad dinner with goons in which one of our goons was also killed by another goon, also with goons :sicknasty:

If you feel like watching the whole thing for some reason, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181832930

Edit: this is the important part, the timestamp when weedbabygoku dies to an explosion (in the killfeed) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181832930?t=15m30s

Have a nice bush picture

(Sometimes I like dying first because you can set everything to ultra and watch it like a movie)

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 13, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
in it, voted 5 :toot:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Nice

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

God this arm aim poo poo sucks to get used to. Should I just gradually lower my sensitivity so it's not as sudden?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I usually notice funny names in the feed, earlier I saw chronic_nug get killed by a molotov

bobz0r shows up in the final minutes to kill builts, who is then killed by final_dreamer :allears: (E: timecode https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181832930?t=31m10s

it would be fun to do some all goon customs, do a few self-assigned squad games, then a few where the good people are split up and loaded up with bads

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 13, 2017

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Has performance for anyone else just poo poo the bed in the last few days? Tried playing last night and tonight and where I am usually fine with everything on ultra at 1920x1080, now I average around 15 fps with my memory usage at half and cpu at like 15%. Lowering settings doesn't help and bit and the game is now filled with lovely popping in textures.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

Slim Mat posted:

I guess this is the updated damage chart:
https://imgur.com/zEHj5y6

For posterity.

After much discussion and some actual in-game testing we found that the shots/bullets to kill figures are inaccurate due to a rounding error. This chart here (whilst looks awful) has correct values:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

underage at the vape shop posted:

Everything but the last sentence is true, being an rear end in a top hat just makes you an rear end in a top hat. You might have better stats but people like entwo, jock, and spartacus are much easier to learn from and are actually fun to play with. Juniper has better stats than you and plays with bads much more often and is hilarious and encouraging.

Yeah, entwo and Juniper are great to play with. A lot of the people in the goon discord are (or were - maybe the tone has changed) assholes about who they'd play with, or talking poo poo in general. I'm playing with more relaxed groups now and having a lot more fun. Try your luck, see what happens.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the only rear end in a top hat i played with on the goon discord was this retard with like 0.3 kdr who got really really mad whenever anything went wrong but he ragequit after one game so it was all good

some people are more serious than others but that's just how they play so you just roll with it

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yeah, entwo and Juniper are great to play with. A lot of the people in the goon discord are (or were - maybe the tone has changed) assholes about who they'd play with, or talking poo poo in general. I'm playing with more relaxed groups now and having a lot more fun. Try your luck, see what happens.

Have you played with Entwo since he started drinking?

Zo posted:

the only rear end in a top hat i played with on the goon discord was this retard with like 0.3 kdr who got really really mad whenever anything went wrong but he ragequit after one game so it was all good

some people are more serious than others but that's just how they play so you just roll with it

If you're not mentoring this young man and turning his life around, can you really say he's the rear end in a top hat?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

VulgarandStupid posted:

Have you played with Entwo since he started drinking?

I checked out months ago. Went back very briefly only to be greeted by a chorus of "Oh hey, he's back! Are you still lovely, should we bother?" I didn't even bother trying a round at that point.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
poo poo talking is fun, all the iredeemable goons have been laughed off the server

Goku is alright because hes usually right when hes being real harsh. All the people like tma-1 are gone, the last one was tezy who melted down about trans people and rageleft.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 13, 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

poo poo talking is fun, all the iredeemable goons have been laughed off the server

Goku is alright to play with because hes usually right when hes shittin on your play

Then good riddance. Only game I've played with goons with that kind of community, or lack thereof.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
We don't talk about Entwo's drinking.

Everyone in the discord is cool and good except for umdrehung and arbybaconator.

Goku is cooler than he gets seems if you're just as mean back to him as he is to you.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

God this arm aim poo poo sucks to get used to. Should I just gradually lower my sensitivity so it's not as sudden?

I would honestly say to just go for it. Got a big rear end mousepad (approx. 18x18 inch)? If the answer is yes, then maybe you have to change your seating position. I have my arm positioned so my elbow is just off the edge of the table while the rest of my forearm is just resting on the table. You might have to raise or lower your chair so the position is neutral when you just lay your arm on the table. Try not to have your arms too far away to the side from you body and also try to have them more or less equidistant from your body so you are not sitting crooked. This could mean that your keyboard is slightly in the way if you have a huge one. If that is the case you can tilt it a bit like this https://i.imgur.com/ljmAkkR.jpg (don't pay any attention to this guys tiny mousepad).

Also remember there is no one true best sensitivity so you might end up being comfortable with a slightly higher or lower sensitivity than a baseline of for example 50 in game, 6/11 windows, 400dpi. I'd say play a few games with a sense and adjust according to what feels comfortable to you. Don't be afraid of playing around with it slightly. Muscle memory is not that big of a factor in my opinion and especially not in a game like this where your fps isn't constant.
It's a trade off of slightly more cumbersome looting for more accuracy and you have to find the right balance for you.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 13, 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Fauxshiz posted:

We don't talk about Entwo's drinking.

Everyone in the discord is cool and good except for umdrehung and arbybaconator.

Goku is cooler than he gets seems if you're just as mean back to him as he is to you.

Disagree, but that was just my experience.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Shout out to the squad who formed a car fort in the middle of the hay fields we stole and got us a chicken dinner

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I was playing earlier today and I shot a guy off the back of a buggy, the driver left him. Ran up to him to execute him and he crawled towards me. I said hi to him, and he said “take my stuff and kill people,” so that’s what I did. I have to remember to unmute local comms more often.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Have they optimized this game yet? I use to get hung up on the loading screen, I could hear the plane, and people jumping, and then I'd hear someone punching me to death. That's it.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was playing earlier today and I shot a guy off the back of a buggy, the driver left him. Ran up to him to execute him and he crawled towards me. I said hi to him, and he said “take my stuff and kill people,” so that’s what I did. I have to remember to unmute local comms more often.

Does it still open your mic with voice detection enabled instead of push to talk? I'd love to have it on during the game but gently caress having to change the setting every time I unmute after getting out of the plane.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
battleeye: https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/918731198679183360

reality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrdBU3oUfOA

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Does it still open your mic with voice detection enabled instead of push to talk? I'd love to have it on during the game but gently caress having to change the setting every time I unmute after getting out of the plane.

Haven't had that problem for a long spell now, it might have been fixed.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I've had it switch back to voice detection only a couple of times over the last month and someone in the discord group had it happen to them today, it's not completely gone but generally it does seem to stay at what you set it to.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

the last one was tezy who melted down about trans people and rageleft.

Sounds like the internet alright.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
My squad ran into our first true hacker last night. Not like "man that one dude wrecked us and it was kinda sketchy" but moving 50 meters at a time in superspeed and then headshotting everyone in the space of half a second.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A month or two ago my squad of friends all got aimbot full-auto headshot by a akm or uzi from 200+ meters away, you were visible to him and zap you dead, we were doing pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I also saw my first hacker this week. WBG was still mad at us for dying. <3

• Locked thread