Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kirishima with One For All would be a really interesting AU given his backstory.

also a potentially interesting combination of quirks. He can harden himself but there's nothing to stop his insides from breaking or straining under the force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
what did bakugo actually end up with for a hero name? did they say?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't believe so but probably his name like Shoto and Tenya.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's still a mystery.

I like to imagine Midnight eventually made him 4Kids it into King Explosion Destroyer

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I thought he changed it from King Explodokill to Lord Explodokill

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Master Exploder
Da Bomb
Bomfunk MC
Tsar Bomba

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

master blaster got shut down for copyright infringement, unfortunately

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

master blaster got shut down for copyright infringement, unfortunately

this is a canon where a main character is called Eraserhead

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Let's see what your thoughts are on this 100 years from now

Looked it up, and multiple Earths were introduced in a Flash comic 1961. Action Comics #1 was 1938. So, yeah, if MHA is still going in 2036, I wouldn't be surprised if we got an alternate Earth/history story.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It seems like Shinsou would work best as some sort of secret countermeasure only called out against the biggest threats. Becoming famous would basically make him completely useless against all but the dumbest villains, but if he doesn't have much of a public persona he would be able to defeat almost anyone.

He should have randomly showed up during the All Might vs All For One fight and been like "yo are you All For One" and then All For One says something and instantly loses the fight.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I bet All For One has some asspull anti-mind control quirk somewhere in there

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Speaking of asspulls, spoilers are out for new chapter.

Eri's power is even stronger than we imagined. And despite me calling it an asspull, I'm okay with it. Stakes are high. Arc is coming to a close in excellent fashion.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I really liked that chapter. I really like the cycle of inspiration that seems to fuel this story, in this world full of superheroes.

What a good comic.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I really wish Fallen Angels had kept doing their translations, this is the worst mangastream has ever done, I had to reread each page several times and I still have no idea what it was saying for half of it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah this was a pretty bad translation. I have no idea what was going on with Compress' conversation with Toga and Twice.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So if I'm interpreting her power right, when she made her father disappear, she accidentally rewound him to before he was born?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Viridiant posted:

So if I'm interpreting her power right, when she made her father disappear, she accidentally rewound him to before he was born?

That's how I read it. This also provides a really convenient out for getting Mirio's powers back without taking the depower serum out of the game, though it makes me question how they derive a quirk removal drug from a rewinding power. How do you get it to rewind just the quirk instead of their whole body?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/156/4624/1

Link because people don't post them because they are poo poos

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i was onboard after last chapter but this chapter kind of tripped over itself too much

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm really not a fan of all this jumping back in time to explain what happened at certain points. I had to double check I was reading the right chapter, it breaks the flow quite badly.

The prospect of having a quirk that rewinds raises too much worry of post battle return to normals too. Is she just going to rewind Nighteye so he lives and then Lemillion so that he gets his quirk back? That'd be pretty killer for any sense of consequence so I hope he doesn't do that.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 13, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm really not a fan of all this jumping back in time to explain what happened at certain points. I had to double check I was reading the right chapter, it breaks the flow quite badly.

The prospect of having a quirk that rewinds raises too much worry of post battle return to normals too. Is she just going to rewind Nighteye so he lives and then Lemillion so that he gets his quirk back? That'd be pretty killer for any sense of consequence so I hope he doesn't do that.

Well, if her quirk rewinds then the perfected form of the bullet might not actually -destroy- people's quirks. Just regress them. So it'd take several years for their quirk to naturally manifest again or something I think.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Eri's quirk being a rewind of someone or something seems... too inconsistent with its ability to be weaponised at all, let alone purely to destroy Quirks. The problem here is I can't tell if this is because I'm misunderstanding something, if we're missing something that'll make it clearer how it works or if Mangastream hosed up its explanation. Given that the VA talk was super hard to follow I'm expecting the third one, though.

I was also totally not expecting Toga to use Deku's blood to help the heroes take out Chisaki and co. That seems like a fairly underwhelming use for something that if used different could have very large reaching repercussions. But hey she's still got a day to have fun with it, so this could just be the beginning.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 13, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think a bit of a flashback was necessary to show how and why the girls crashed down, especially as it was a VA assist. Think they went too far back though.

Anyway, i'm glad the VA are continuing to gently caress Overhaul over and I hope they succeed in all their objectives kidnap a child and still hopefully somehow have Shiggy show up to disintegrate Chisaki. They're the guys who deserve to win this arc imo.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Personally I hope that a little girl is in fact not kidnapped.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eej posted:

Personally I hope that a little girl is in fact not kidnapped.

Once the VA get her to rewind Compress's arm and Magne back i'm sure they'd let her go. They're good people.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I couldn't really follow what the VA was talking about. It sounded like Twice made copies of himself and Toga but he said he'd never do that again for good reason.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i just hope they manage to animate this arc in a more coherent and interesting manner

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also I'm hoping that Eri's rewind quirk isn't as powerful as it seems since it looks like it's the ultimate deus ex machina devise where nothing matters since it can immediately be fixed. Like if Nighteye is saved because she can just rewind his absurd wounds then I guess everyone is immortal now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You're assuming Eri will have perfect control of her ability even though she has at no point ever figured out how to use it.

Even this one was accidental.

I can see it as a motivating factor though, "I'll go to school and learn how to use my power so I can fix you!" kinda deal.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah she probably won't be immediately using her power to it's best but I really hope that there's a good reason the heroes don't just trade her around and bring her on every super dangerous mission so they can rewind every bad event. It just feels like an ability that can quickly destabilize the narrative without a lot of contrived reasons it can't be used THIS time. I almost think she's going to get kidnapped, incapacitated, have a quirk removing bullet used on her just so it's not an issue if it works like that chapter implies.

Also being a parent in MHA world sounds absolutely terrifying when there seems to be a decent chance your kid can just either just randomly kill you when they hit age three like Eri or Shigaraki and you try to pick them up or hurt themselves like Kirishima who lucked out and didn't take out his own eye. Uraraka is lucky she didn't accidentally send her parents into the sky.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Radish posted:

Yeah she probably won't be immediately using her power to it's best but I really hope that there's a good reason the heroes don't just trade her around and bring her on every super dangerous mission so they can rewind every bad event. It just feels like an ability that can quickly destabilize the narrative without a lot of contrived reasons it can't be used THIS time. I almost think she's going to get kidnapped, incapacitated, have a quirk removing bullet used on her just so it's not an issue if it works like that chapter implies.

Also being a parent in MHA world sounds absolutely terrifying when there seems to be a decent chance your kid can just either just randomly kill you when they hit age three like Eri or Shigaraki and you try to pick them up or hurt themselves like Kirishima who lucked out and didn't take out his own eye.

Because that would be wildly irresponsible? Doubly so when she's just been rescued from a terrible family situation and will have media hounding her caretakers and stuff? Because it'd take a few years to develop the control needed for useful applications, and we aren't timeskipping anytime soon?

E: Between the other kid Deku saved and Eri I wonder if Horikoshi's building up a stable of kid characters so that he can later introduce'em as the new class 1-A.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm guessing what may happen with regards to Eri's power is they have to choose between saving Nighteye or restoring Lem's quirk.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I could see Eri being like that Nurse that would fix Deku everytime he would gently caress his body with OfA can't remember her name.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Could go full American comic maudlin, and Eri saves Nighteye and fixes Mirio- and then decides to rewind herself out of existence so she can't hurt anyone else.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I could see Eri being like that Nurse that would fix Deku everytime he would gently caress his body with OfA can't remember her name.

I can see that happening but I would hope not. Him becoming permanently damaged by One for All has been an interesting facet of the story and his character and removing it would be crappy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk how they justify not doing that with her quirk working the way it does (which feels weird and inconsistent with how it was presented before tbh)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can see that happening but I would hope not. Him becoming permanently damaged by One for All has been an interesting facet of the story and his character and removing it would be crappy.

Not in that kind of way, I mean just working in a hospital since healing quirks are super rare, I only added in the part about Deku becuase I can't remember the Nurse's name and that's kind of the only way I remember her by.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk how they justify not doing that with her quirk working the way it does (which feels weird and inconsistent with how it was presented before tbh)

He’ll refuse because a lot of that damage was from being a reckless dumbdumb just like Iida got his arm messed up by being a lovely hero.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Dragonatrix posted:

I was also totally not expecting Toga to use Deku's blood to help the heroes take out Chisaki and co. That seems like a fairly underwhelming use for something that if used different could have very large reaching repercussions. But hey she's still got a day to have fun with it, so this could just be the beginning.

Love the idea of her deciding to do this to instill chaos and distrust instead of planning ahead for maximum use. Definitely in character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Let's also be realistic here Deku can't help from bleeding and hurting himself, even now that's he actively trying to be better about using One for All responsibly so she can probably get more.