Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It was made from scratch in like two months because the director insisted the only way to do the show was make it look like Guilty Gear Xrd despite everyone on staff telling him they didn't have the time, the money, the technology, or enough people for it.

By the time he actually admitted it was impossible they had spent most of the first two on chasing his stupid vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

not that that excuse works for berserk 2017, which made no notable technical improvements, if any, and only minor story delivery ones

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's a good article on the whole clusterfuck here

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2017-07-07/what-the-heck-happened-to-berserk/.117834

Hopefully OPM S2 won't also get completely hosed by having a new studio and staff!!

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

SpacePig posted:

It's actually a pretty good dub, surprisingly. I just can't remember where I watched it. I think it might've been on Adult Swim for a bit?

I watched the dub and really liked it. The dub version of Mumen Rider/Deep Sea king part is on youtube somewhere.

Not really sure what the new director means, but wasn't S1 animated by a lot of freelancers? Hopefully they can circle the wagons. Isn't the same voice cast all returning?

Honestly I'm actually excited for the new sound director guy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cory in the Blouse posted:

I watched the dub and really liked it. The dub version of Mumen Rider/Deep Sea king part is on youtube somewhere.

Not really sure what the new director means, but wasn't S1 animated by a lot of freelancers? Hopefully they can circle the wagons. Isn't the same voice cast all returning?

Honestly I'm actually excited for the new sound director guy

The freelancers came on board largely because of Shingo Natsume. OPM 1 only had an average budget but Natsume is friends with the people who came on board which helps a lot.

If he's not back, there's less of a reason for them to come back and they might just be busy and accounted for. I wouldn't put much money on them coming back at all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13932016480029120345

This new chapter is fully sick

especially Genos finding out people were getting jobbed. He's going to show how to job proper

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That is in some weird hosed up language

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Kickin' rad art is universal.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That art...:aaaaa:

Have no fear, Genos is here. Also poor glasses.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
quote this post if you believe in genos

Extremely into genos' hoodie that just says his own name, id wear it. smart move breaking into merchandise early as the hottest new S Class, kid's got financial sense

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Moltrey posted:

quote this post if you believe in genos

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

holy poo poo that's a lot of pages

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy poo poo I can not wait for this chapter to be animated. That is an insanely good chapter. I'm so glad it wasn't cut up.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

have a... translation:

https://imgur.com/a/lom74

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Demon Cyborg: Maximum Hype

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

:rip: Genos.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:pusheen:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

:rip: in pieces, Genos.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
genos is going to win

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Moltrey posted:

genos is going to win

Bout to win a new body.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

genos is going to win

Yeah, win a one-way trip to the hospital!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
jesus christ Murata this art

:worship:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I have to admit. In the original webcomic, Garou's motivation was hard to grasp. I love how Murata's extra chapters expand more on his character. When Death Gatling - a hero - openly states he will kill a human being (who's just calling himself a monster) in cold blood, Garou's visible disgust in that one panel speaks volumes for his views on Death Gatling and the Hero Association he belongs in.

I wonder what would happen if Garou met Stain from MHA aside from them fighting each other.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

theGrooseofLegend posted:

I have to admit. In the original webcomic, Garou's motivation was hard to grasp. I love how Murata's extra chapters expand more on his character. When Death Gatling - a hero - openly states he will kill a human being (who's just calling himself a monster) in cold blood, Garou's visible disgust in that one panel speaks volumes for his views on Death Gatling and the Hero Association he belongs in.

I wonder what would happen if Garou met Stain from MHA aside from them fighting each other.

Stain wouldn't give a poo poo because something something creed but Garou would probably not like him at all.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Mad respect for glasses :cry:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Glasses is a good kid

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Even in defeat, Glasses has a backup plan!

And executes it!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best outcome for the next chapter would just for it to open with a totally destroyed Genos calling Dr.Stench for a new body all dejected.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The best outcome for the next chapter would just for it to open with a totally destroyed Genos calling Dr.Stench for a new body all dejected.

he just got one like yesterday got drat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[Doc picks up the phone]
"Genos..."
"Doc, it happened again"
"I'll start up the 3D printer, for fucks sake"
"I'll try to make it last a week this time."

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this chapter was more than worth the wait, god drat

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Oh this is no longer 'Murata only' stuff. Though it is changed.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Kinda disappointed that Garou powered through this thing again, heroes had some sweet teamwork going on - it's rare we get to see something like that at all. But I guess it was inevitable. Everybody knows guns and poison are basically the weakest poo poo in manga

Mad props to glasses bro though.

Oh hey, and it's Genos, how about that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Begemot posted:

:rip: in pieces, Genos.

Genos forever stay getting into fights he can't win.

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Can't blame Death Gatling at this point. Some dude going around can't be left to his own devices.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Garou came out of that scene better than Death Gatling.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
better if death gatling had been awake to see the kid get out of the ruined shack, but maybe glasses did

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some events have been mixed around in general, but we're finally into chapter 53 of ONE's OPM, though it's not finished and it would spoil what's coming next if you read that chapter.

Just neat to see it finally ticking over.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Yep. This is finally back to the webcomic's events - everything between Garou crushing the tanktoppers and Garou deflecting bullets was new to the Murata redraw.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like Glasses very much. He feels like a new Licenseless Rider.