Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tolkien minority posted:

I downloaded this game today cause I was bored. Can I join one of the goon alliances? I don't care which or understand the difference. My in game name is "recliiner"

You have to apply to one (in-game), just say which in here so the person in charge of it can press buttan. Goonlactus would be happy to take you. We'll be happy to take anyone, in fact.

Your options are
Marble Hebrons, Doctor Goons, Goonlactus, Worst Alliance, BOLTAGOONS, Waifu Squad, Buster Highmen

pick the one with the name you like most imo

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

You have to apply to one (in-game), just say which in here so the person in charge of it can press buttan. Goonlactus would be happy to take you. We'll be happy to take anyone, in fact.

Your options are
Marble Hebrons, Doctor Goons, Goonlactus, Worst Alliance, BOLTAGOONS, Waifu Squad, Buster Highmen

pick the one with the name you like most imo

Cool, Applied for goonlactus. Game seems somewhat interesting

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

This game loving RULES you disgusting mutie

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat I can't beat Floor 29 with Jean.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Hey guys I'm about to finish up Loki and T2 him. Two questions.

1. Should I buy the female Loki uniform now? Or should I wait for a new uniform?

2. What's a good ISO set for Loki? Does this depend on the uniform he is wearing? I did an ISO set roll and landed on Stark Backing. Good enough?

jjef fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 12, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Dave posted:

drat I can't beat Floor 29 with Jean.

you'r bad

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jjef posted:

Hey guys I'm about to finish up Loki and T2 him. Two questions.

1. Should I buy the female Loki uniform now? Or should I wait for a new uniform?

2. What's a good ISO set for Loki? Does this depend on the uniform he is wearing? I did an ISO set roll and landed on Stark Backing. Good enough?

1) Yes on Floki. It’s excellent.

2) Any attack set. The shield being able to stay up with low skill cooldown owns. So attack sets.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I mean, Thor update should be end of this month or first week of Nov if they want to line up with the movie, so I'd wait on the Loki uni. We don't know if there will be a new one, but unless you have tons of crystals you may as well wait and see. It's rare that a new uni isn't the strongest one for a character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just got my Legendary Sharon Rogers costume ready to rank up to the next level. Is it worth 320 bios? I mean, the choice is just to keep feeding them to my general roster to rank it up, to stash them on someone for Jean Grey, or this. I'm think Jean or the roster are the better options (and probably Jean but I'm sucker for the thrill of ranking a player up) but am I missing anything?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

STAC Goat posted:

I just got my Legendary Sharon Rogers costume ready to rank up to the next level. Is it worth 320 bios? I mean, the choice is just to keep feeding them to my general roster to rank it up, to stash them on someone for Jean Grey, or this. I'm think Jean or the roster are the better options (and probably Jean but I'm sucker for the thrill of ranking a player up) but am I missing anything?

Sharog's 3 amplifies her base damage by a metric fuckton. At mythic you get the standard damage boost from upgrading the uni, but also a flat increase to base damage if you have the bonus uniform (Deathlok Modern). If you want a really good Sharog you then also level up Deathlok's uni to mythic for maximum damage! You'll be doing so much damage you'll get tired of all the damage!

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Yo I read that when WB came people came out people were struggling with it but my mythic StarOG with full urus clears it in 8 secs idgi. Am I doing something wrong??

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

im tired of damage

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

yeah idk

She has PoaAH, she's not completely maxed out (20/19/19/19), proc on her is Immune to stun with ignore dodge and 3sec invulnerability. I can't even get past the first team.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Alright took a couple attempts but finally cleared it out. Luckily had Dormmy sitting around still to pick up 30 too.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Yo I read that when WB came people came out people were struggling with it but my mythic StarOG with full urus clears it in 8 secs idgi. Am I doing something wrong??

the days of running around avoiding all the bad poo poo on the ground so you could pop lokis shield and then let her minions do all the damage barely making the timer. How far we have come.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I just got my Legendary Sharon Rogers costume ready to rank up to the next level. Is it worth 320 bios?

yes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I did it, boys

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

First time I've ever had enough crap saved up to do that all at once

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah that’s insane. Nice work!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:smugdog:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

sick reward bro.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
New player! Applied to Waifu Squad as Thaddeus Dugan.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Is it worth it to T2 Carlos Satana to help out Jean Phoenix? Or is Energy more important than Fire Damage? Just looking to output as much damage and such with her.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I wouldn't...

If you have damage problems the first thing ppl should always check is getting Def Pen

Until it caps it scales better than anything in the game (for stuff that has mitigation, but that's all the hard stuff in the game)

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Thanks, those obolisks are really rare though right?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Relatively, yeah, along with ITGB, etc. but you should get a handful each week just by doing Specials, so you should get them faster than you can upgrade them.

I know once I started locking them they really started piling up, but I've also had dry spells where I don't see any for a week+ so it's just RNG

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
There are a few 8 ISO sets that have 8% or so def pen on them.

Also this card guide really helped me out with getting close to the def pen cap. https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5mty9s/a_card_guide_from_beginner_to_expert/

I had a bunch of 6* cards where some contributed to cool down. I replaced 4 of those cards with the beginner 4* cards with good def pen stats and I started clearing loads of modes I wasn't able to before hand. It didn't take too long either.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah that's the best guide. It's actually not super hard to roll a bunch of good cards, you basically want one of each on that best-of list and roll SCD as 2nd. You'll have no AA but your DPen and SCD will be fully stabilized, meaning you'll never have to reroll ppl's gears ever again (after the first time) and you're from then on just re-rolling versions of the same cards you have for AA as the trifecta roll

Also the only two ISO sets that matter in this game are Overdrive and PoAH, with Overdrive being the rare Groot% rare one, the only exception in the whole game is BP for Destroyer

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

You can't use a mega uniform ticket on Thanos' uni, right? I just finished the Spidey quest pack and am planning on picking up that uniform.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

You can't mega any native T2 uni, sorry

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

thechalkoutline posted:

Yeah that's the best guide. It's actually not super hard to roll a bunch of good cards, you basically want one of each on that best-of list and roll SCD as 2nd. You'll have no AA but your DPen and SCD will be fully stabilized, meaning you'll never have to reroll ppl's gears ever again (after the first time) and you're from then on just re-rolling versions of the same cards you have for AA as the trifecta roll

Also the only two ISO sets that matter in this game are Overdrive and PoAH, with Overdrive being the rare Groot% rare one, the only exception in the whole game is BP for Destroyer

I thought some buffs overwrite/are better than the Overdrive/PoAH procs like Dr. Strange

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hotdog man's self buff doesn't stack with the ISO set procs so there's an argument on him for other stuff. Elsa too I think?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

NmareBfly posted:

Hotdog man's self buff doesn't stack with the ISO set procs so there's an argument on him for other stuff. Elsa too I think?

This is the case with Strange as well IIRC

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Hahahahahahahaha

Get a 6* mega rank up ticket with the new event!

If you spend 10k crystals in 5 days

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah that’s not happening lol

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Thanks for all the help guys, is that guide you posted in the OP? Really awesome stuff, I got a LOT of work to do it looks like!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’ll add it to the OP.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

it seems like it takes like 50 hours of grinding to max a single hero. am i off on this or is it as bad as it looks at first

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The game seems to barf endless numbers of level-up chips at you if you're following the Hero's Journey quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Tolkien minority posted:

it seems like it takes like 50 hours of grinding to max a single hero. am i off on this or is it as bad as it looks at first

You don't slow grind characters unless they're low priority or have nothing better to do; I think there's a lot of shortcuts to boost good characters especially for a new player. Then those characters give you access to more shortcuts/top tier characters like clearing a few Shadowlands stages or world bosses or whatever

Also the daily login bonuses just by themselves can be a big boost